AMT Day

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The AMTA celebrated AMT Day by having a display table inside the San Diego International Airport's Terminal 1 near the Southwest counter. For 6 hours we talked to passengers coming and going through the airport about who Charles E. Taylor was and the significance of AMT Day.

People were interested in our message. We handed out flyers for people to read and told them how they can help promote Taylor's place in aviation's history. Passengers commented that having a skilled AMT maintaining aircraft is very important to them and were thankful for the information we explained about our craft & profession.

many on this board who are AMTs have a strong opinion about celebrating AMT Day. I can understnad the frustration that AA AMTs have toward's AA's management because as an AA AMT I know first hand how little upper management thinks of our craft. There is no respect for the responsibilities that we carry and utilize to maintain AA's aircraft. However, AMT Day was never intended to be a political tool.

Having a sandwhich, hotdog/hamburger, etc. that the company provides does not mean we as AMTs are forgetful of AA's actions toward us as a group. Nothing will change the way I feel towards upper management other than their complete removal from their current positions and hence stop ruining our airline. By celebrating AMT Day I am celebrating my craft with my fellow AMTs whom I work with side by side every day/afternoon/night. I am celebrating Charles E. Taylor's contributions to aviation and those made by all AMTs whether they be military, civilian, civil, corporate, private, general, experimental, manufacture AMTs.

Attachments

• AMT Day Resized 2.jpg
    AMT Day Resized 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: 1 person
The AMTA celebrated AMT Day by having a display table inside the San Diego International Airport's Terminal 1 near the Southwest counter. For 6 hours we talked to passengers coming and going through the airport about who Charles E. Taylor was and the significance of AMT Day.

People were interested in our message. We handed out flyers for people to read and told them how they can help promote Taylor's place in aviation's history. Passengers commented that having a skilled AMT maintaining aircraft is very important to them and were thankful for the information we explained about our craft & profession.

many on this board who are AMTs have a strong opinion about celebrating AMT Day. I can understnad the frustration that AA AMTs have toward's AA's management because as an AA AMT I know first hand how little upper management thinks of our craft. There is no respect for the responsibilities that we carry and utilize to maintain AA's aircraft. However, AMT Day was never intended to be a political tool.

Having a sandwhich, hotdog/hamburger, etc. that the company provides does not mean we as AMTs are forgetful of AA's actions toward us as a group. Nothing will change the way I feel towards upper management other than their complete removal from their current positions and hence stop ruining our airline. By celebrating AMT Day I am celebrating my craft with my fellow AMTs whom I work with side by side every day/afternoon/night. I am celebrating Charles E. Taylor's contributions to aviation and those made by all AMTs whether they be military, civilian, civil, corporate, private, general, experimental, manufacture AMTs.
Well said Ken.

Reactions: 1 person