Happy Holidays

firstamendment

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
Visit site
Good morning fellow posters,

I would like to wish each and every one of you the best for the upcoming year and the very happiest of holidays. Whether celebrating Hanukka, Christmas, Kwanza, or Festivus (my fav..hehe :p ), let us all take a moment to remember who we are, put down our differences, and remember that we are all brothers and sisters of the world. My hope for all of us US Airways employees is that we each find individual peace with regards to our place with the company and a collective respect and compassion for each other by treating one another a little better. And for me that starts with the person in the mirror.

I also hope for each of us to embrace peace, love, and hope and to reject the overwhelming flood of fear we have all come to know too well...whether felt or imposed. If I could give a gift to everyone, it would be two books..THE MASTERY OF LOVE and THE FOUR AGREEMENTS by Don Miguel Ruiz. They are simple, yet powerful. Most importantly, they are great guides for an insane time in our lives. They are my favorite books.

Again, SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL!!!
First :)

firstamendment said:

I would like to wish each and every one of you the best for the upcoming year and the very happiest of holidays. Whether celebrating Hanukka, Christmas, Kwanza, or Festivus (my fav..hehe :p ), let us all take a moment to remember who we are, put down our differences, and remember that we are all brothers and sisters of the world. My hope for all of us US Airways employees is that we each find individual peace with regards to our place with the company and a collective respect and compassion for each other by treating one another a little better. And for me that starts with the person in the mirror.

I also hope for each of us to embrace peace, love, and hope and to reject the overwhelming flood of fear we have all come to know too well...whether felt or imposed. If I could give a gift to everyone, it would be two books..THE MASTERY OF LOVE and THE FOUR AGREEMENTS by Don Miguel Ruiz. They are simple, yet powerful. Most importantly, they are great guides for an insane time in our lives. They are my favorite books.

[post="230349"][/post]​

Amen

I am no martyr but want to say with my wife in the ICU unit, well that makes you look at life through different glasses realizing what we all worry and fret about is nothing is the grand scheme of things.

Count your blessing and be thankful you are healthy enough to worry about most things trivial and pray it doesn’t take a life altering event to make you realize this fact.

Peace to All....Curt

I would like to add my best wishes to all for a Happy Holiday and a Happy Healthy New Year--may the new year bring good things to all.

Deano, I will say a prayer for you and your family--I hope your bride is all right.

My best to you all.....

Thank you Art, for you kind words through out the past year. And the best to you as well. The silence of the team at CCY speaks volumes when it comes to good wishes. To all my collegues, the best of everything this season. May we all find peace and happiness in the coming year.

deano said:
Amen

I am no martyr but want to say with my wife in the ICU unit, well that makes you look at life through different glasses realizing what we all worry and fret about is nothing is the grand scheme of things.

Count your blessing and be thankful you are healthy enough to worry about most things trivial and pray it doesn’t take a life altering event to make you realize this fact.

Peace to All....Curt
[post="230376"][/post]​
Curt,
You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

First & all,

Best wishes to all & Happy Hollidays!

firstamendment said:

[post="230349"][/post]​

Twas the holiday season
And all through the airport,
Employees were hustling
Cause staffing was short.

Passengers were rushing
To catch their planned flights,
Anxious to be with family
on this of all nights.

Suddenly everyone stopped
Their eyes open wide,
What was that noise
That came from outside?

Rushing to windows
To see what was there,
All anyone could manage
Was an astonished stare.

There on the runway
(Could they believe their sight),
Was a sleigh
All ready for flight.

Pulled by reindeer
Straining to go,
Urged on by a driver
They all surely know.

With a twinkle in his eye
And a tip of his head,
He let out a shout
And here's what he said.

"Now Dasher! Now Dancer!..."
You know the rest,
I'll just save some typing,
I mean that in jest.

Down the runway,
Then airborne they flew,
The night's mission
of course everyone knew.

As he disappeared from sight
His words came loud and clear,
Merry Christmas to All,
And Happy New Year...

To all of my friends across the system from BWI, to CLT, to DFW, to these forums, to towns near and far, I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays. From "Silent Night," to "The Little Drummer Boy," to "Oh Holy Night," to "Do You Hear What I Hear," to "Emmanuel," may the "Hymns" of this yuletide season warm our hearts and help us forget our current situation and remind us of what this season is truly all about. God bless our Lord and Saviour; and God bless us all.
The Lazarusman DFW

Happy Holidays, and peace to all in the New Year!

And may the 3 ghosts of Christmas past, present and future visit every senior exec. in addition, Grinch Bronner!

:up: :up:

Latest posts