Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
B) To all my fellow employees at American Airlines! This night I wish one and all, a Happy, and prosperous New Year! :p

Well if they are counting on their wages for the "prosperous " part they are out of luck!

Any retirees 65 or over will have a much less prosperous New Year, too. AA cancelled their drug coverage and left them to the tender mercies of the drug companies and the insurance companies, thanks to Bush's misbegotten Medicare drug plan.

That is a giant bonus to AA and a kick in the pants to all of us, now or later.

Any retirees 65 or over will have a much less prosperous New Year, too. AA cancelled their drug coverage and left them to the tender mercies of the drug companies and the insurance companies, thanks to Bush's misbegotten Medicare drug plan.

That is a giant bonus to AA and a kick in the pants to all of us, now or later.

Wrench, I am glad that you noticed. I figure between my wifes and my medicine, it is going to cost me somewhere around $4000.00 extra this year because of Bush's little plan and AA being able to dump us.

Wrench, I am glad that you noticed. I figure between my wifes and my medicine, it is going to cost me somewhere around $4000.00 extra this year because of Bush's little plan and AA being able to dump us.

TWAOKC, I'm so sorry to hear that. Kinda pulls the rug out from under you, doesn't it? Another broken promise. And it seems to have gotten in completely under the radar. Maybe the TWU was unaware of this. Maybe the TWU is working behind the scenes for us on this. This truly affects all of us sooner or later.

For people after 65, doesn't AA's plan act as a secondary to medicare with regards to medical and prescription drugs? (I don't know I am no where near retiring) Also, at some of our bankrupt competitors, the under 65 retirees have to pay between $650-$775 a month for coverage and when they reach 65+, the company offers no coverage at all; medical or prescription drug.

twaokc----- Question? Did you retire aa, or TWA?

B) To all my fellow employees at American Airlines! This night I wish one and all, a Happy, and prosperous New Year! :p

=======================================================

Thanx MCI, same to you and yours.

NH/BB's

For people after 65, doesn't AA's plan act as a secondary to medicare with regards to medical and prescription drugs? (I don't know I am no where near retiring) Also, at some of our bankrupt competitors, the under 65 retirees have to pay between $650-$775 a month for coverage and when they reach 65+, the company offers no coverage at all; medical or prescription drug.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

aafsc,
I believe you are correct. (secondary)
If you purchased Supplemental Medical, Even Better !!

NH/BB's

I thought I read that somewhere but could not remember exactly. Those to whom it is relevent to need to check for themselves. I just find it interesting that twaokc, a retiree of TWA Inc. who has never worked for AA goes on and on about how AA screwed him. If it wasn't for AA he would have had NOTHING!

Here are the facts:

1. Has it ever occurred to twaokc that the changes to 65+ plans also affect the AA retirees the exact same way it affects the TWA Inc. retirees? He seems to think it only affects those who retired from TWA Inc.

2. Do twaokc and the other TWA Inc. retirees realize that AA has treated him and them FAR better than the way that UA and US has treated their own retirees?

3. Does twaokc and the other TWA Inc. retirees realize that AA is fully honoring the liability they agreed to assume? AA is not going to increase that liability due to medical inflation which AA has absolutely no control over. The cost of health care is a national problem.

This is ridiculous. I don't know how they can complain. Twaokc and the other TWA retirees pay a FRACTION of what the retirees at US and UA pay (and soon probably NW and DL). And at US, you get NOTHING when you reach 65. As far as passes, the TWA Inc. retirees pay the SAME AMOUNT as an AA employee/retiree (D2 rates) but they b1tch and moan about their place on the non-rev list. Unreal!

I thought I read that somewhere but could not remember exactly. Those to whom it is relevent to need to check for themselves. I just find it interesting that twaokc, a retiree of TWA Inc. who has never worked for AA goes on and on about how AA screwed him. If it wasn't for AA he would have had NOTHING!

Here are the facts:

1. Has it ever occurred to twaokc that the changes to 65+ plans also affect the AA retirees the exact same way it affects the TWA Inc. retirees? He seems to think it only affects those who retired from TWA Inc.

AAfsc,
Wrong.

2. Do twaokc and the other TWA Inc. retirees realize that AA has treated him and them FAR better than the way that UA and US has treated their own retirees?

aafsc
I will give you one on this one.

3. Does twaokc and the other TWA Inc. retirees realize that AA is fully honoring the liability they agreed to assume? AA is not going to increase that liability due to medical inflation which AA has absolutely no control over. The cost of health care is a national problem.

aafsc,
Wrong again

This is ridiculous. I don't know how they can complain. Twaokc and the other TWA retirees pay a FRACTION of what the retirees at US and UA pay (and soon probably NW and DL). And at US, you get NOTHING when you reach 65. As far as passes, the TWA Inc. retirees pay the SAME AMOUNT as an AA employee/retiree (D2 rates) but they b1tch and moan about their place on the non-rev list. Unreal!

aafsc
VERY WRONG AGAIN.

I am under 65 and on medicare due to a disabilty. I pay 90.00 each month for this and AA only pays 10 percent of all my claims. AA retires do not pay this 90.00 month and the over 65 twa inc. employees pay less than I do. I believe it is 65.00 a month. You need to get your facts straight before talking about them on a public form. This my friend, you are very unimformed about. No more than I get from AA medical, I will probably be droping them in the near future. The only reason I have not yet is I, along with millions of other people in the USA, do believe that Bushs drug program is a joke and will not last too long.

Here are the facts:

<_< aafsc--- Sir, You are a total A$$ HOLE!!!! :angry: And Mr. Moderator you can go ahead and censor me if you like, but in this case, it's the truth!!!!

aafsc
VERY WRONG AGAIN.

I am under 65 and on medicare due to a disabilty. I pay 90.00 each month for this and AA only pays 10 percent of all my claims. AA retires do not pay this 90.00 month and the over 65 twa inc. employees pay less than I do. I believe it is 65.00 a month. You need to get your facts straight before talking about them on a public form. This my friend, you are very unimformed about. No more than I get from AA medical, I will probably be droping them in the near future. The only reason I have not yet is I, along with millions of other people in the USA, do believe that Bushs drug program is a joke and will not last too long.
Perhaps the fact that you are on disability and on medicare before 65 has something to do with it. Most people go on medicare at 65. It appears that AA acts as a secondary when one is on medicare regardless of age. How much would AA pay if you were not on medicare? The TWA Inc. retirees like yourself pay $90 a month, you are correct. It is my understanding that the TWA Inc. retirees over 65 pay $130 a month. I have been told by someone from one of our bankrupt competitors that they pay $775 per month for two people (so that would mean $387 per person per month) and when they reach 65 they are dropped completely and offered nothing. According to TM, on the "the-mechanic" website he pays over $600 per month. TM is a retired UAL mechanic. As far as AA employees paying nothing, that is absolute BS. AA employees prefund their retiree healthcare over the life of their careers. I have been paying on average $7 every two weeks for the past 10 years and will continue to do so until I retire from AA (if I retire from AA). If I don't retire from AA I can get all my money back with interest and then have no coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts