Has Anyone Considered:

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
Has anyone considered the "Security Issue" of foreign Companies working on American Aircraft??? Do foreign Mantenance Companies hold their AMT's up to the same standards as reqired here in the U.S.??? Maybe we need a reality check here!!!! :( What do you think????

MCI transplant said:
Has anyone considered the "Security Issue" of foreign Companies working on American Aircraft??? Do foreign Mantenance Companies hold their AMT's up to the same standards as reqired here in the U.S.??? Maybe we need a reality check here!!!! :( What do you think????
What is the last time AA checked whether you are a security rick?

j7915 said:
What is the last time AA checked whether you are a security rick?
When? Shortly after purchase of TWA! A background check was done on all former TWA employees! I'm also subject to random Drug testing!! Both are required by Fedral law! Nerther are required of foreign Companys! :down:

MCI transplant said:
Along with the foreign maintenance...
What about outsourcing the 3rd shift ramper work that involved cleaning the planes overnight? If past experience at DFW with the food vendors is any indicator, it won't be long before the INS conducts an illegal alien sweep of the cleaners and carries off about half the overnight contract crew.

The food vendor workers are supposed to be cleared because they work inside secure areas of the airport. The last time the INS went through DFW food courts, several of the vendors had to shut down because they didn't have any workers left.

My guess is that the outside cleaning contractors will pull an innocent face and state that they did the security check, but the worker must have been using someone else's id. And, they will be shocked (shocked! I tell you) that they had illegal aliens on their payroll. :shock: ;)

jimntx said:
Along with the foreign maintenance...
What about outsourcing the 3rd shift ramper work that involved cleaning the planes overnight? If past experience at DFW with the food vendors is any indicator, it won't be long before the INS conducts an illegal alien sweep of the cleaners and carries off about half the overnight contract crew.

The food vendor workers are supposed to be cleared because they work inside secure areas of the airport. The last time the INS went through DFW food courts, several of the vendors had to shut down because they didn't have any workers left.

My guess is that the outside cleaning contractors will pull an innocent face and state that they did the security check, but the worker must have been using someone else's id. And, they will be shocked (shocked! I tell you) that they had illegal aliens on their payroll. :shock: ;)
I'm talking about Aircraft Saftey!!!!! And your worried aabout outsourcing cleaners work????? Fella, you need a reality check here!!!! When I was going to A&P school, we had quit a few studants from exotic places such as Iran, Sudia Arabia, Libenon! I wonder were they're working today??? And on who's Aircraft????? <_<

MCI transplant said:
[I'm talking about Aircraft Saftey!!!!! And your worried aabout outsourcing cleaners work????? Fella, you need a reality check here!!!! When I was going to A&P school, we had quit a few studants from exotic places such as Iran, Sudia Arabia, Libenon! I wonder were they're working today??? And on who's Aircraft????? <_<
So was I. Do you want people having overnight access to aircraft who are in this country illegally? Overnight when security is at a minimum. And, the news media have almost daily stories about how some of the 9/11 hijackers were in the country for years without so much as a cough from the FBI or anyone else. Maybe they could get jobs as "aircraft cleaners."

MCI transplant said:
I'm talking about Aircraft Saftey!!!!! And your worried aabout outsourcing cleaners work?????
It is relevant to aircraft safety, you should see the green card brigade we have here at LGA at night.

Asked on of them to move their cart the other night so I could move a loader and I got a blank look.

I then asked if I could come to their home and make holes in the walls with a sledge hammer and was rewarded with a big smile and nodding head.

How does one conduct a ten year background check on someone who has been in the country ten days?

And how can someone who Can't speak English,much less read it perform and sign off on an aircraft security check?

LGA Fleet Service said:
It is relevant to aircraft safety, you should see the green card brigade we have here at LGA at night.

Asked on of them to move their cart the other night so I could move a loader and I got a blank look.

I then asked if I could come to their home and make holes in the walls with a sledge hammer and was rewarded with a big smile and nodding head.

How does one conduct a ten year background check on someone who has been in the country ten days?

And how can someone who Can't speak English,much less read it perform and sign off on an aircraft security check?
:huh: You do have a point! Hoff his work if he can't seack or write English? They don't! The FAA has given them an out! It only takes one person with an A&P licence to sign off the worker's work! Security! What security???? :angry: