Have concessions started?

AOG-N-IT

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Concessions and Retroactive Concessions have been taking place over the last 4 to 6 weeks...So the awnser is Yes!!

Has it had an immediate impact? No!!

People are still being shown the door...and it's as if there is no end to it in sight.

Has pay concessions started for anyone yet? It just seems there is alot of feet dragging going on. I''ve heard alot of talk about concessions and voting on TAs. But I never heard that the company had started taking money from the groups.

I was just wondering. Because here in Jax we (maintenance) have not heard about any concessions. Our last word was, we are loosing our RON aircraft in Jan. Meaning furloughs for half of the mechs. The other half have heavy maintenance untill June/July. Is U trying to save the WO too? or are they just keeping us afloat untill liquidation?

when did JAX get maintenance back? Last I heard, JAX only had ground maintenance, who also worked on A/C since the two mechanics were A&P qualified, but only if any aircraft problems happened during their hours of 0700-1530.

i thought that the concession and the fact that the debt of the planes in the desert was wiped clean was why they have 1.3 billion bucks...they say they down to 10 cents a mile now

[FONT face=System]Either your group, for some lucky or odd reason, has not started pay concessions yet(otherwise you wouldn't have asked), or you need to check with your accountant who oversees your paychex(otherwise you would have noticed the change on your paystub)..We(CWA) have had 3 paychex already decreased since OCT 1st.
FONT]

On 11/4/2002 8:19:58 PM CS-pro wrote:

Either your group, for some lucky or odd reason, has not started pay concessions yet(otherwise you wouldn't have asked), or you need to check with your accountant who oversees your paychex(otherwise you would have noticed the change on your paystub)..We(CWA) have had 3 paychex already decreased since OCT 1st.

Are you mainline or a WO? I am a WO mech and the IAM is telling us that we are not in negotiations for any concession. We are willing to work with the company but I'm not willing to send in a check if they dont ask.

[P]Mod, you just keep spinning those wrentches down there in JAX for the WO and mind your own business. If you didn't know about the state of concessions in the first place, then it didn't affect you. [/P]
[P]Aren't you packing up for CLT yet? Along with the rest of your airline. [/P]
[P]Breaking News: Mesa is invading FL..... Take Cover[/P]

[P]This guy is yanking your chain, we do not and have not had Aircraft Maintenance in JAX for several years, we have two GSE mechanics only. So this guy is lying thru his teeth.[/P]

On 11/5/2002 1:57:34 PM LDKIAM wrote:

This guy is yanking your chain, we do not and have not had Aircraft Maintenance in JAX for several years, we have two GSE mechanics only. So this guy is lying thru his teeth

If you would read my post I work for the WO Piedmont Airlines. We do have a maintenance base in Jax. So Why dont you get your facts straight before you call somebody a liar.We have about 70 mechs with 3 RONs and a heavy maintenance line.

[P]Those of us at mainline have had money taken out of our checks for quite a while now and have lost holidays and pay for remaining vacation time. Congrats on being able to remain status quo for your group so far. Enjoy it while it lasts though.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]As far as WO not being part of US, I didnt see where anyone said that. Someone read into it that JAX had maintenance. They probably just skipped your last line about keeping *us* around. What we could use is a little less drama around here. [BR][BR][/P]

[P]PI mechanics are in contract negotiations and you wont be in JAX much longer![/P]
[DIV]November 4, 2002[/DIV]
[DIV] [/DIV]
[DIV]Dear Sisters and Brothers:[/DIV]
[DIV] With the recent announcement by the Company to cease RON's in Jacksonville, we will be meeting with Company officials in Salisbury, MD on Tuesday the 5th. We will be discussing the contractual provisions of the agreement and ways to lessen the impact of the furloughs. We will post on the web site the outcome of this meeting.[/DIV]
[DIV] [/DIV]
[DIV]Fraternally, Steve Ebert General Chairman District 141-M
[HR width=65% color=#800000]

[DIV]November 4th 2002[/DIV]
[DIV]Dear Sisters and Brothers:[/DIV]
[DIV] The following questions were sent to Piedmont in October of this year. These questions were asked to further understand and to evaluate the company's proposals.[/DIV]
[DIV] [/DIV]
[DIV][FONT color=#800000]1[/FONT]. The dollar value of Piedmont's aggregate contributions to the cost savings effort under US Airways Group's restructuring, in each year, and over the term of the restructuring plan.[/DIV]
[DIV][FONT color=#800000]2.[/FONT] A comparison of how Piedmont's contribution relates to the contributions of the other wholly-owned subsidiaries of US Airways Group.[/DIV]
[DIV][FONT color=#800000]3.[/FONT] A description of the methodology used to determine cost savings targets for each carrier.[/DIV]
[DIV][FONT color=#800000]4.[/FONT] A breakdown of the dollar value (in each year and over the term of the restructuring plan) of Piedmonts proposed cost savings for each of its labor/employee groups, its vendor/suppliers and its creditors. Please provide a separate breakdown for each labor/employee group (e.g. IAM, ALPA,AFA, non-contract, management and salaried).[/DIV]
[DIV][FONT color=#800000]5.[/FONT] A breakdown of wage and non-wage labor costs for each employee/labor group for the years 2001 and 2002 . (Again please provide a separate breakdown for each labor/employee group).[/DIV]
[DIV][FONT color=#800000]6.[/FONT] The methodology used to determine the allocation of proposed cost savings across labor/employee groups, vendors/suppliers, and creditors.[/DIV]
[DIV] [/DIV]
[DIV]Fraternally, Steve Ebert General Chairman District 141-M[/DIV][/DIV]

On 11/5/2002 12:30:45 PM flyin2low wrote:

Mod, you just keep spinning those wrentches down there in JAX for the WO and mind your own business. If you didn't know about the state of concessions in the first place, then it didn't affect you.

Thank you so much for your very helpful suggestion. Hopefully everyone can adopt your sentiments. Maybe then we could put all this behind us and get on with our lives.