Hawaii

l8rd8r

Senior
Oct 21, 2005
Taking my son to maui any ideas on where to stay, car rental and what to do with a 17 year old. Would love the hotel info and appreciate keeping crew hotels private so please pm on this. Thanks

Taking my son to maui any ideas on where to stay, car rental and what to do with a 17 year old. Would love the hotel info and appreciate keeping crew hotels private so please pm on this. Thanks
=============================================

Why don't you call crew sked? They would know and know if you had a legitimate need to know.

Sent you a PM. I believe its the primary, but they have another they use. Make sure to call them direct, you'll get a MUCH better rate.

Thanks. I'm USEast..didn't know they would have our hotel info at our crew desk/sch.

Went on line and the rooms are $575.00 cheapest. Do you know our cost? The desk was closed when I called so I could'nt get an answer. Thanks

Thanks. I'm USEast..didn't know they would have our hotel info at our crew desk/sch.
Went on line and the rooms are $575.00 cheapest. Do you know our cost? The desk was closed when I called so I could'nt get an answer. Thanks

I finally got through and the airline rate is.....$301.00!!! Too much for my pocket book.

Need other ideas on where to stay. Can you PM me with secondary hotel location. Thanks

If you are on the internet, go search hotels in HI, it is very easy to do.

Use all the travel sites and Cheaphotels.com

I finally got through and the airline rate is.....$301.00!!! Too much for my pocket book.

Need other ideas on where to stay. Can you PM me with secondary hotel location. Thanks
You didn't say when you wanted to go but....hotels.com has rates as cheap as $101 a night for the second week of September. As far as rental cars, I've used a few of the "off brand" local rental agencys in the past with no problem. you can find them listed on the Hawaii tourism site gohawaii.com. just click on Maui and it gives you access to hotels/B&B's/car rentals, etc. Aloha.

Check the ASU Travel Guide, lots of great airline discounts.

Usually the Outrigger and Ohana hotels (same ownership) give us 50% off of rooms. Lots of deals in Maui if you just want to stay in a normal hotel rather than a huge resort.

As for car rental, I was in Kona last week and got a car with Thrifty without an airline rate for $24 a day.

Check the ASU Travel Guide, lots of great airline discounts.

Usually the Outrigger and Ohana hotels (same ownership) give us 50% off of rooms. Lots of deals in Maui if you just want to stay in a normal hotel rather than a huge resort.

As for car rental, I was in Kona last week and got a car with Thrifty without an airline rate for $24 a day.

We are going Aug 31 - Sept 4. I thought the hotels we stayed at gave us the best rates. I'll check out the sites you've all suggested. Again Thanks.

Well of course rooms are expensive there, you should see the views from the oceanview rooms!!!!

Try the "starwood" property near it and the chain owned by Mormons *KOFF* -- all 3 of these hotels are very nice and typically offer airline employee discounts. But for the most part everything on that side of Maui is going to be expensive. If you want something cheaper, there are some nicer resorts in Kihei that provide a comparable view.

$301 isn't bad compared to $600 :)

We are going Aug 31 - Sept 4. I thought the hotels we stayed at gave us the best rates. I'll check out the sites you've all suggested. Again Thanks.
I have also found that in some places that the AAA rate is cheaper than the Airline rate. So, if you belong to AAA, ask the hotel and car rental for those rates as well.

Dorf

There are tons of condo places in Kihei and Wailea and Makena that usually have deals in the ASU guide, very nice area with great beaches.

The other "side" (Maui is more like a figure 8) has the ultra expensive resorts in Napili, Kanapali and Kahana.

The thing is, if you rent a car, all the beaches are yours.

As for keeping your son active, a drive up to the summit of Haleakela is fun or put him on a tour that takes you to the top and you bicycle down.

There are tons of condo places in Kihei and Wailea and Makena that usually have deals in the ASU guide, very nice area with great beaches.

The other "side" (Maui is more like a figure 8) has the ultra expensive resorts in Napili, Kanapali and Kahana.

The thing is, if you rent a car, all the beaches are yours.

As for keeping your son active, a drive up to the summit of Haleakela is fun or put him on a tour that takes you to the top and you bicycle down.
off subject but anyone have any good rates or directions to good rates in tahiti...bora bora...papeete...ect...?

Aston Hawaii
The Aston Hawaii hotel offers airline employees up to 50% off at their hotels and condos on all the Hawaiian Islands. Call 800-922-7866 and ask for “Airline Rates.â€￾ Visit their website for more information. AOL keyword Aston Hawaii.

Outrigger and Ohana Hotels
These hotels offer a 50% discount at all their hotels and condominium resorts on every island. Call 800-OUTRIGGER no more than 30 days prior to departure and ask for the "Airline Employee Special". Visit their website for more information at outrigger.com.