Health Benefits May Be Killed - Article

Hello Newman said:
THIS ARTICLE FROM THE POST-GAZETTE IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE. THEY HAVE NEVER
PRINTED ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT USAIWAYS EVEN DURING THE PROSPEROUS YEARS WHEN THERE WAS PLENTY OF GOOD NEWS TO GO AROUND. THIS IS JUST ONE
REPORTER TRYING TO STIR UP MORE DISCONTENT IN THE WORKPLACE. AS IF DAVE
DIDN'T DO ENOUGH TO LAST A WHILE. I SUGGEST WE FLOOD THIS REPORTER WITH
EMAILS.
Hello Newman, there are two newspapers in PIT the one you are taking objection with is the Pittsburgh Tribune Review not the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It's easy to tell them apart one leans to the right (Trib) the other to the left (Gazette). When you write the reporter tell him to "Shove It." The Trib is used to hearing that these days. :p

Zeus said:
This statement is not factual. The elimination proposal only applies to retirees.
Gee Zeus, time to screw over the people that helped build the company. Our society is getting pathetic can't take care of people that worked their whole life. Truly sad. FWIW, rising medical costs are an across the board problem in this country. It's only gotten worse the past three years and there's only one way to help stop this. That will be on Nov. 2.

What the article also failed to mention is that the buyout is only $7,500 for part-timers. Many of whom are part-time against their wishes (downgraded), and have given 15 years or more to this company. CWA needs to close the contract.

"It's only gotten worse the past three years and there's only one way to help stop this. That will be on Nov. 2."

How do you figure it will get better? By getting a VP that has made his fortune being a ambulance chasing trial lawyer?

Yesterday had a company employee with less than three years, traveling on vacation, pulled up term pass, not only does this person, but their Spouse, Mother and Father travel space positive FJY class, then coming in another space positive employee on an oversold flight......this needs to stop before we even think about taking any kind of cuts....The employee space positive FJY on oversold flight had two years seniority.......I would say this is out of control......But they want the employee that worked for thirty five years give up their insurance.....something is wrong with this picture

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this Spouse, Mother and Father whom have never worked a day in their life for U, gets to book first class seats and the passenger who pays our salary has to sit in coach, also on this same flight, had a family of four, Mom and Dad purchased First Class tickets, they had wanted their two adult children to be in First also, but Dad said it was sold out when he purchased tickets, wonder why? Mom, Dad, Spouse and Employee sitting up there. How much revenue was lost for U? Much easier for the Union employees to take pay cuts then to stop this abuse......I don't want to hear these our their perks, then let the Employee fly around space positive, let the rest of the family travel s/a like everyone else.

Glad my union refuses to even talk to em. If this is their way of negotitating, and if this is what they want....I had rather take my chances with a judge Wapner. For someone who has already put in enough years with this organization to retire to have medical/dental taken away is just not right.

KtFlyhome..

Thank You..

Other's would disagree,but at this point,"frankly my dear, I don't give a damn..'

Gates today looked like a chinese cluster..you fill in the blanks..Think I took my break when I got home,as I type,this is my break on my TIME!

Express and PHL AGAIN another mess....Psgrs standing in line bitching and groaning.
Go get em Us air.....You certainly now how to keep psgrs content..NOT!

***********stix tongue out as walking out the door*********..

PineyBob said:
One of the reasons I read and post so frequently is I learn a ton of stuff. Some of which actually helps me get where I'm going sometimes.
I seriously doubt this is your only motive Bob. I believe it's something much more deep seeded than that simple explanation.....

For example: THIS IS YOUR LIFE :p

PineyBob said:
Why insult? Do you feel better now?

How many times do I have to say I enjoy this more than TV. I teach and travel each week and I'm up in front of people 6.5 to 7 hours a day. This frankly is relaxation.
Bob....You must know by now, then maybe not considering, regardless, you must know by now one needs THICK skin to peruse these boards.

cavalier said:
I seriously doubt this is your only motive Bob. I believe it's something much more deep seeded than that simple explanation.....

For example: THIS IS YOUR LIFE :p
If you are going to insult people, at least, learn the correct words to use. The phrase is deep seated, not deep seeded.

EyeInTheSky said:
Hello Newman, there are two newspapers in PIT the one you are taking objection with is the Pittsburgh Tribune Review not the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. It's easy to tell them apart one leans to the right (Trib) the other to the left (Gazette). When you write the reporter tell him to "Shove It." The Trib is used to hearing that these days. :p
The Tribune DOES report the facts...however it depends on the interviewee and the information they present and how they percieve the question.

There needs to be clarity on both ends. The reporter didn't make up a fabracation, he got this info from the interviewee, who in my estimation, didn't understand the entire question presented and what the reporter was refering too and what group the medical proposal was effecting.

Bob,

To answer a little of your question, for us regular employees there is:

Non-rev (short for non-revenue) - you get on after the revenue (paying) passengers if there are open seats. There's a pecking order - DOH for active employees and retirees with over 20 years, then retirees with less than 20 years (I think that's the right number), off-line (other airline), etc

Space positive - puts you ahead of the non-revs but still behind the revenue folks (still only get on if there is an empty seat)

Must ride - don't know if this applies to any but flight crews. Used for deadheading when on a trip - puts you ahead of everyone.

Apparently the "space positive" that we rank & file get is different from that the "talent" get. Their's appears more like the crew's "must ride".

Jim

Bob,

One other thing...

The non-rev is available to immediate family members - spouse, parents, dependent children. Each employee gets a few "buddy passes" for anyone else. These cost 10% of the full coach fare and those using these passes go to the bottom of the "pecking order" unless they're traveling with the employee, in which case they are entitled to the employee's boarding priority in the non-rev queue.

The top folks (and Directors) get an "unspecified" number of non-family members that partake of the "space positive" travel benefit. The reason I say "unspecified" number is because the annual report doesn't specify how many.

Jim

From what I've seen and heard, I think the space-positive at the higher levels is more like a paid ticket, though occasionally it takes on the character of must-ride (which is nothing short of a travesty).

Were I running the show, nobody would get a must-ride unless there is time-dependent business that would be lost without carrying the person. I realize that must-rides work that way for the rank-and-file, but that should apply to everyone.

Furthermore, no employee would ever see a FC seat unless every eligible coach passenger were upgraded first.

There would be an exception for employees. Anyone would still be eligible to accrue miles through paid purchases, just like it is today. If they accrued enough to become elite, and were upgraded according to the regular elite rules, that'd be fine. Of course, that is only because the passenger is behaving in every respect like a customer, not an employee.

But, hey, it's all pie in the sky anyway, isn't it. :(