Health Care Reform

OK,

So, if under ObamaCare we have 300 botched surgeries I'd say that was statisically meaningless.

However having the wrong leg amputated has greater consequences:

When it's your arm.

Or your loved one's liver.

Comparing a human life to a piece of mail is just plain silly. The very idea of Veterans Hospital healthcare as the standard of care makes me want to barf.

OK,

So, if under ObamaCare we have 300 botched surgeries I'd say that was statisically meaningless.

However having the wrong leg amputated has greater consequences:

When it's your arm.

Or your loved one's liver.

Comparing a human life to a piece of mail is just plain silly. The very idea of Veterans Hospital healthcare as the standard of care makes me want to barf.

Then how about you compare it to how many botched surgeries there are under the current system? Aside from the high cost of malpractice, do you think there is an additional reason why the AMA is all for tort reform?

333 cases of theft out of 203 billion pieces of mail processed...:

Source USPS

Not bad. I'll bet there were more than that number of theft cases at at one airport in one year.

Yes, I will take that kind of record for the health care coverage for those who have none. Ask them if they would like to have that kind of record.

Keep providing data like that to support your claims and you will sell the plan yourself! :lol:

Got anything on lost productivity, absenteeism, lost time accidents, workmens comp and general lackey type union related cost vs output issues?

Yes, I will take that kind of record for the health care coverage for those who have none. Ask them if they would like to have that kind of record.

When you going to come to grips outside your touchy feely notion and realize that this bogus HC bill isn't going to cover those in need?

Offer Medicare to those 55 and up........screw the poor needy people......can't you see the ones in need aren't the focus of this bill?

090326beelertoon_c20090325102733.jpg

Then how about you compare it to how many botched surgeries there are under the current system? Aside from the high cost of malpractice, do you think there is an additional reason why the AMA is all for tort reform?

The AMA is like a teenager caught with a joint. They will say/do anything to protect their members.

The AMA has long fought ANY oversight

The AMA has actively tried to keep Chiropractors from being covered by insurance

Same with other alternative therapies.

Bottom line for me is if the AMA is in favor of it I tend to be against it as whatever they support is usually not good for the individual patient and oft times society in general.

I haven't seen their position on ObamaCare. If they come out wholeheartedly then you know it's bad for us as their track record speaks for itself.

I am talking about their support for tort reform not universal health care. They are for tort reform for a reason. That reason has nothing to do with our welfare.

I am talking about their support for tort reform not universal health care. They are for tort reform for a reason. That reason has nothing to do with our welfare.

Duh!

My point was and remains that if the AMA is in favor of a position, one can rest assured that what they favor is inherently BAD for the individual patient.

Whether it be ObamaCare or Tort Reform the AMA is NEVER on the side of the patient.

Republican Deficit Hypocrisy
Bruce Bartlett, 11.20.09, 12:01 AM EST

Bruce Bartlett Biography

Remember the Medicare drug benefit?

Full article from Forbes Magazine Here.

The human capacity for self-delusion never ceases to amaze me, so it shouldn't surprise me that so many Republicans seem to genuinely believe that they are the party of fiscal responsibility. Perhaps at one time they were, but those days are long gone.

This fact became blindingly obvious to me six years ago this month when a Republican president and a Republican Congress enacted the Medicare drug benefit, which former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker has called "the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s."

As Orrin Hatch was quoted:

Six years ago, "it was standard practice not to pay for things," said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah. "We were concerned about it, because it certainly added to the deficit, no question." His 2003 vote has been vindicated, Hatch said, because the prescription drug benefit "has done a lot of good."
Source

Republican Deficit Hypocrisy
Bruce Bartlett, 11.20.09, 12:01 AM EST

Bruce Bartlett Biography

Remember the Medicare drug benefit?

Full article from Forbes Magazine Here.

As Orrin Hatch was quoted:

Source

Remember Medicare?

That is a spinoff of a soon to fail perversion originally started by another political faction back in the 60's I believe.

So what's your short sighted point?

Son of a gun....I just can't recollect what party started this fiasco in the first place.

Another classic case of your fate entrusted to well meaning fools.

So thereby we should just accept what the Dem"s have come up with? Really?
At this point you do not have much choice do you? You can kick and scream, but this will be signed by our President after this comes out of conference.

You cannot argue about spending money on healthcare insurance reform because it costs too much out of the right side of your mouth, while supporting the last plan that will/has cost more than this one will, out of the right side.

That is precisely what the article I posted so eloquently pointing out.

The point was the hypocrisy in the Republican argument over this current legislation.

You fail to notice your DNC hypocrisy over their purported savings to the plan they hatched in the 60's? :lol:

Savings through a ponzi scheme passed on to higher private HC premiums.... :lol:

You should look into the hypocrisy of Pelosi,Reid and Obama. That was then they are now.

You fail to notice your DNC hypocrisy over their purported savings to the plan they hatched in the 60's? :lol:

Savings through a ponzi scheme passed on to higher private HC premiums.... :lol:

You should look into the hypocrisy of Pelosi,Reid and Obama. That was then they are now.

I answered this:

QUOTE (delldude @ Dec 26 2009, 09:03 AM) *
So what's your short sighted point?

Now you are off somewhere else. Since you are, here is a little late Christmas present for you my friend:

View attachment 8640

At this point you do not have much choice do you? You can kick and scream, but this will be signed by our President after this comes out of conference.
Actually it has to go back to the house for approval/vote. You aren't paying attention or have no idea what the process is do you? :huh:

You cannot argue about spending money on healthcare insurance reform because it costs too much out of the right side of your mouth, while supporting the last plan that will/has cost more than this one will, out of the right side.

That is precisely what the article I posted so eloquently pointing out.
You mean the employer based health insurance coverage scheme that was instituted by the gov? :blink:

Latest posts