Health Care Reform

Actually it has to go back to the house for approval/vote. You aren't paying attention or have no idea what the process is do you? :huh:
I guess you failed to read my post:

QUOTE (tech2101 @ Dec 26 2009, 11:21 AM) *
At this point you do not have much choice do you? You can kick and scream, but this will be signed by our President after this comes out of conference.

I am just going to assume you know what a conference (committee) is in our legislative branch...

but just in case:

A Congressional Conference Committee is composed of members of the House of Representatives and the Senate, and it is charged with resolving disagreements on a specific piece of legislation.

Conference committees are created after the House and the Senate pass different versions of a piece of legislation. Conference committees must negotiate a compromise bill that will be voted upon by both Chambers of Congress. This is because both houses of Congress must pass identical legislation for the bill to become law, according to the U.S. Constitution.

They will not bring legislation out of committee without the votes to pass.

I answered this:

Now you are off somewhere else. Since you are, here is a little late Christmas present for you my friend:

View attachment 8640

Like I said.....you're still a little short sighted....

You attack the 'hypocrisy' of GOP changes/additions to an already failed/failing DNC program.

I think that in itself falls into 'hypocrisy'. Just saying.

The GOP really screwed up.......but of course...................Duh.

Like I said.....you're still a little short sighted....

You attack the 'hypocrisy' of GOP changes/additions to an already failed/failing DNC program.

I think that in itself falls into 'hypocrisy'. Just saying.

The GOP really screwed up.......but of course...................Duh.
So let me recap...

Between the two of us we have determined that both parties have members who are hypocrites.

I don't think that is breaking news.

So let me recap...

Between the two of us we have determined that both parties have members who are hypocrites.

I don't think that is breaking news.

My point was you are being hypocritical without looking at the whole picture....no slander just take a step back, Friend.

But why then do all of us fall prey to blaming the other side instead of coming to terms and working together to foment true change to what our system and country should be?

And I do not mean that change we can believe in.........

But why then do all of us fall prey to blaming the other side instead of coming to terms and working together to foment true change to what our system and country should be?

...because I am not looking for your vote for my next paycheck or ego boost...

and those, some, most in the legislative branch are.

Those that do serve in the Senate or Congress are gluttons for punishment. I know, I tell them all the time how much I think they are wrong (In my district, it is almost always).

It is not a perfect system, but I still love it!

Even though I whine about it more than most (especially when things don't go my way), it is still the best system in this great world of ours.

Of course, you have to be involved to even know that.

And more than half of our electorate is not...

...because I am not looking for your vote for my next paycheck or ego boost...

and those, some, most in the legislative branch are.

Those that do serve in the Senate or Congress are gluttons for punishment. I know, I tell them all the time how much I think they are wrong (In my district, it is almost always).

It is not a perfect system, but I still love it!

Even though I whine about it more than most (especially when things don't go my way), it is still the best system in this great world of ours.

Of course, you have to be involved to even know that.

And more than half of our electorate is not...

Voicing your opinion to your Congressional appointees both locally,State, and Federally is what has to be done unless you agree with the current administrations whether or not they are your pick.

I have many e-mailings to/from Specter,Casey,Doyle,Costa and even to my local yokels.

So it looks to me like we are both 'Patriots'.

I am involved and take pride in my effort.....and kudos to you, Friend.

I have severe reservations to the direction this present admin is taking the country and will continue to post my views regardless of which party is in control as I would any time.

Good night.....and enjoy the upcoming New Year....hopefully changes will be made in 2010.

Poll Shows Americans More Confident In Obama On Health Care Than Congress

Interesting poll numbers.

The poll, which surveyed 992 adults March 2 - 3, found that 49% of Americans are confident in Obama's recommendations. Meanwhile, 37% were confident in the recommendations from Congressional Democrats, while 32% were confident in those from Congressional Republicans...

...On Wednesday, President Obama called on Congress to schedule a final vote on health reform legislation within the next few weeks.

"Every idea has been put on the table. Every argument has been made," Obama said. "Everything there is to say about health care has been said and just about everybody has said it."

He added, "Now it deserves the same kind of up or down vote that was cast on welfare reform, that was cast on the Children's Health Insurance Program, that was used for COBRA health coverage for the unemployed, and, by the way, for both Bush tax cuts."

Link to source

Poll Shows Americans More Confident In Obama On Health Care Than Congress

Interesting poll numbers.

Link to source

Interesting? Yes very.

However, all three numbers were lower than those measured in June, which Gallup said suggests that the ongoing healthcare reform debate has taken a toll on the credibility of the politicians involved.

and

Non-politicians scored the highest numbers by far on the poll. According to the poll, 77% of Americans were confident that doctors would provide good recommendations for health care reform.

What does that tell you?

There are at least 3 viable healthcare bills and one healthcare proposal. There was a bill passed in the Senate which could not be passed in the Senate today. There is a House bill passed in the House which the Senate could not pass today. The Republicans have a much shorter bill which they have had online for about 6 or 8 months.

President Obama has presented a bill, sort of. It is not really a bill but a collection of ideas, not that different from the Senate bill, and a document which cannot be scored by the CBO. The Obama bill is a joke and more like slight of hand and does not mean anything. It is not even being drafted into legislation.

Obamas bill it is something which may have had some meaning had he come out with it prior to the House and Senate bills, to indicate that it is the target they ought to be aiming for. However, it is about 1 year too late for that.

The Republican bill: ignored. Obamas proposals: smoke and mirrors and not really a bill at all + no one is voting on it. The House Bill: deader then a door nail. The Senate Bill: on life support.

So the results are in from 992 people. Excellent American cross section. Of course this guy doesn't watch cable, major networks but gets his news from the town crier.

You can pull a bunch of other polls out of the air more indicative of an American s cross section unless that's the news you want to hear.

There are at least 3 viable healthcare bills and one healthcare proposal. There was a bill passed in the Senate which could not be passed in the Senate today. There is a House bill passed in the House which the Senate could not pass today. The Republicans have a much shorter bill which they have had online for about 6 or 8 months.

President Obama has presented a bill, sort of. It is not really a bill but a collection of ideas, not that different from the Senate bill, and a document which cannot be scored by the CBO. The Obama bill is a joke and more like slight of hand and does not mean anything. It is not even being drafted into legislation.

Obamas bill it is something which may have had some meaning had he come out with it prior to the House and Senate bills, to indicate that it is the target they ought to be aiming for. However, it is about 1 year too late for that.

The Republican bill: ignored. Obamas proposals: smoke and mirrors and not really a bill at all + no one is voting on it. The House Bill: deader then a door nail. The Senate Bill: on life support.
Plagiarizing again?

There are at least 3 viable healthcare bills and one healthcare proposal out there. There was a bill passed in the Senate which could not be passed in the Senate today. There is a House bill passed in the House which the Senate could not pass today...

link to the original version of airbud's post from another blog

Lost the argument again?

What about from the thread prior? No comment?
However, all three numbers were lower than those measured in June, which Gallup said suggests that the ongoing healthcare reform debate has taken a toll on the credibility of the politicians involved.

and

Non-politicians scored the highest numbers by far on the poll. According to the poll, 77% of Americans were confident that doctors would provide good recommendations for health care reform.

Unable to debate the facts? Retreating again? lol

So the results are in from 992 people. Excellent American cross section. Of course this guy doesn't watch cable, major networks but gets his news from the town crier.

You can pull a bunch of other polls out of the air more indicative of an American s cross section unless that's the news you want to hear.
I am currently studying Managerial Research Methods and it is amazing how accurate you can get with a very small sample size out of a rather large population. I did not fully understand statistical significance and construct validity until this course.

Yes, you can get statistically significant data/research with a small sample size so long as it is a representative sample. Sampling error is very low with Gallup. They are very good at what they do. Their methodology is sound.

As to the poll itself, all I said was that it was interesting. It speaks for itself.

I think it does show that Americans do not like to see our government do what it does. It is messy business. The longer and more transparent the legislative process is, the more it is disliked.

I am currently studying Managerial Research Methods and it is amazing how accurate you can get with a very small sample size out of a rather large population. I did not fully understand statistical significance and construct validity until this course.

Yes, you can get statistically significant data/research with a small sample size so long as it is a representative sample. Sampling error is very low with Gallup. They are very good at what they do. Their methodology is sound.

As to the poll itself, all I said was that it was interesting. It speaks for itself.

I think it does show that Americans do not like to see our government do what it does. It is messy business. The longer and more transparent the legislative process is, the more it is disliked.

The reason why the plunging poll numbers is due to the lack of transparency, and the sneaky backroom dealings. Not because of "more transparency".

Latest posts