Help ARSA honor Charlie Taylor

Overspeed

Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
The ARSA and the AMTA have teamed up to honor Charles Taylor at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Wall of Honor. A great idea but the AMTA has joined forces with the devil. Ken has not done his homework...again.

If Ken had looked in to the ARSA he would have known they are a lobbying group of MROs and other repair stations that have lobbied hard to reduce the standards of aircraft maintenance and the "craft" Ken loves to talk about. He has dishonored the profession by teaming up with the ARSA.

Read up on Sarah MacLeod the ARSA's chief lobbyist. She has successfully argued with the FAA that MROs should not have to follow the same standards as airline operated MROs. The ARSA does not want security background checks for those that work at non-airline operated MROs. The ARSA does not believe MRO employees that work in foreign countries should be made to be drug tested. Sarah MacLeod and the ARSA represent the interests of all the low wage paying MROs around the world that undermine the AMT profession.

Great job Ken. Way to go. Once again you failed to investigate fully those you align yourself with.

Ken you backed AMFA, then separate locals, then AMFA again, then became and officer, then ran away, then backed AMP, and now backing AMFA. For once stand firm Ken. Give back the money the ARSA has donated to the AMTA if any and publicly rebuke the ARSA and their efforts to undermine the AMT profession. Your love affair with the ARSA is on AW&ST and the ARSA website.

You say you want to strengthen the AMT profession. Aligning yourself and your AMTA organization with the ARSA who wants to de-skill our profession is not the way to go. Do the right thing for once Ken.

So when did we change from the powerful AFL-CIO and politics to being our defense against MRO's and outosurcing to the AMTA and Ken MacTeirnan?

The only de-skill of the profession happening is the likes of the TWU, Rick Mullings, Linda Dill, and James C Little.

You are honestly grasping for any straw you can find to survive.

Have you notified the membership that the AFL-CIO is longer going to save us?

So when did we change from the powerful AFL-CIO and politics to being our defense against MRO's and outosurcing to the AMTA and Ken MacTeirnan?

The only de-skill of the profession happening is the likes of the TWU, Rick Mullings, Linda Dill, and James C Little.

You are honestly grasping for any straw you can find to survive.

Have you notified the membership that the AFL-CIO is longer going to save us?
Dave the AFL-CIO has been lobbying for improving FAR 145 for decades. A moratorium has been in place on granting new 145 certificates for years due to lobbying efforts and friends in Congress. The ARSA has been pushing to lift the ban on new 145 hard, http://www.arsa.org/node/794 and that will further open up new outsourcing opportunities for companies like AA to outsource maintenance.

Not grasping at straws, pointing out how incompetent and misinformed you, Ken, and your gang of supporters are. Keep trying to attack people who are trying to tell the truth. Dave you flat out lied that the APA informed their members better than the TWU. Documentation has been placed on the website that spelled out the very things the APA just put out by the TWU.

AMFA and misinformed people like Ken are doing more damage to the profession than ever. The TWU and the TTD has been working for years to strengthen FAR 145. The TWU has worked closely with Senator McCaskill to push the FAA to improve the FARs and hold the agency accountable. Read up on it. Not AMFA.

The AMFA supporters don't care though. AMFA/AMP supporters would rather align themselves with groups like the ARSA that undermine the AMT profession and would like to see are wages lowered by expanding the low wage paying MROs. Great job AMFA/AMP supporters. You are on a roll! You promise more money but work with people who hate unions and want organized labor wiped out.

Way to go Dave. Way to go Ken.

Dave the AFL-CIO has been lobbying for improving FAR 145 for decades. A moratorium has been in place on granting new 145 certificates for years due to lobbying efforts and friends in Congress. The ARSA has been pushing to lift the ban on new 145 hard, http://www.arsa.org/node/794 and that will further open up new outsourcing opportunities for companies like AA to outsource maintenance.

Not grasping at straws, pointing out how incompetent and misinformed you, Ken, and your gang of supporters are. Keep trying to attack people who are trying to tell the truth. Dave you flat out lied that the APA informed their members better than the TWU. Documentation has been placed on the website that spelled out the very things the APA just put out by the TWU.

AMFA and misinformed people like Ken are doing more damage to the profession than ever. The TWU and the TTD has been working for years to strengthen FAR 145. The TWU has worked closely with Senator McCaskill to push the FAA to improve the FARs and hold the agency accountable. Read up on it. Not AMFA.

The AMFA supporters don't care though. AMFA/AMP supporters would rather align themselves with groups like the ARSA that undermine the AMT profession and would like to see are wages lowered by expanding the low wage paying MROs. Great job AMFA/AMP supporters. You are on a roll! You promise more money but work with people who hate unions and want organized labor wiped out.

I am not aligned with anyone in politics. And I do CARE!

And you are correct in that the AFL-CIO has for years in time frame and millions in dollars been "lobbying" for MRO/Outsource changes.

That's just the point. Even after all of that, you are still fearing it and it's still an issue.

That is all i need to know. If the AFL-CIO were successful, you wouldn't be using this as a fear and smear tool to keep your appointed postition!

Think about that and get back with me.

If the AFL-CIO dismal record on this sbuject were an AMFA record, you be bashing to beat the drum louder and harder than ever before. Yet, you are unable to see the failure. Blinded by Kool-Aid or something unexplained, but blinded none the less.

In other words, if the TWU, TTD, and the AFL-CIO have been WORKING FOR YEARS or decades on this, then why is this still an issue for you and me to discuss today?

Let me spell it for you.....

F-A-I-L-U-R-E

Overspeed what I don't like about the TWU is that they ran a fear campaign to get people to vote yes, on one side of their mouth they said they are not taking a position on how to vote but on the other side they Only pointed out possible down sides to voting No none of the up sides, that is not staying neutral & not taking a position, clearly the TWU wanted Members to vote yes for their own personal gain of more dues, but unfortunately for them even with their massive vote yes campaign it didn't work some of the more educated Members didn't comply & cooperate with the plan even in Tulsa. I hope the same thing happens again if they bring another offer back that isn't close to at least industry standards.
Once a contract is signed make no mistake about it AA is going to kick the low seniority yes voters out the door as a thank you just like they did in 2003.

Overspeed what I don't like about the TWU is that they ran a fear campaign to get people to vote yes, on one side of their mouth they said they are not taking a position on how to vote but on the other side they Only pointed out possible down sides to voting No none of the up sides, that is not staying neutral & not taking a position, clearly the TWU wanted Members to vote yes for their own personal gain of more dues, but unfortunately for them even with their massive vote yes campaign it didn't work some of the more educated Members didn't comply & cooperate with the plan even in Tulsa. I hope the same thing happens again if they bring another offer back that isn't close to at least industry standards.
Once a contract is signed make no mistake about it AA is going to kick the low seniority yes voters out the door as a thank you just like they did in 2003.

With all due respect, can we keep the thread on topic please?

sure you can have this thead, I don't care about afl-cio or Arsa, just didn't agree with the statement that the TWU is Informing people correctly, it's all yours.

... and Charles Taylor was a machinist - another of the trade called to the hangers at TULE to do work the AMTs (those with the All Purpose Certificates) won't do or are unable to do.

What did the old farts do years ago when they couldn't quite manage their job? Run and whine to their supervisors?

Machinists make the basic parts or the parts to build the assemblies aa and its pet union, the twu, have determined requires two government issued certificates to install on an aircraft or pound rivets into - there must be a reason for that.

I'd love to see today's elite amts scratch-build an engine from a raw block of aluminum, as did Charlie Taylor - that'd be more entertaining than watching a piss ant eat a bale of hay - I'd even buy a ticket to watch (not the piss ant).

sure you can have this thead, I don't care about afl-cio or Arsa, just didn't agree with the statement that the TWU is Informing people correctly, it's all yours.

You just cannot grasp the idea of proper communication.
Each thread has a TOPIC, and according the forum rules we should stick to the topic.
You turn every thread upside down with anything other than the topic.
I ask you to refrain, and you go off on me owning the thread and you not interested.
Please just try to grasp the idea of proper communications and read up on forum Etiquette

Dave I didn't mean it that way, I won't be back to this thread is what I meant, I just commented on part of what Overspeed said in his comment about TWU communications, don't take it the wrong way, you have jumped off topic on several occasions yourself because you seem to want to make every thread about changing Unions, we all do it sometimes & there is nothing wrong with reminding someone to get back on topic as you did, It's all good.
I won't be back because this is not a topic of interest for me, sorry for any misunderstanding.

I am not aligned with anyone in politics. And I do CARE!

And you are correct in that the AFL-CIO has for years in time frame and millions in dollars been "lobbying" for MRO/Outsource changes.

That's just the point. Even after all of that, you are still fearing it and it's still an issue.

That is all i need to know. If the AFL-CIO were successful, you wouldn't be using this as a fear and smear tool to keep your appointed postition!

Think about that and get back with me.

If the AFL-CIO dismal record on this sbuject were an AMFA record, you be bashing to beat the drum louder and harder than ever before. Yet, you are unable to see the failure. Blinded by Kool-Aid or something unexplained, but blinded none the less.

In other words, if the TWU, TTD, and the AFL-CIO have been WORKING FOR YEARS or decades on this, then why is this still an issue for you and me to discuss today?

Let me spell it for you.....

F-A-I-L-U-R-E
See that's where you are wrong. You can't write legislation once and expect it to never change. The AFL-CIO has to be on it all the time and fight to maintain and improve existing legislation.

The fact is that Ken failed to fact check and review who he aligned himself with. The AMTA is in bed with the ARSA who wants to have union jobs busted, unrestricted outsourcing to foreign MROs, double standards for maintenance work - one for independent MROs and another for airline operated MROs, and low wage earning workers with no job security doing the work.

Ken is defending the profession? Please, he can't make up his mind on much of anything and does very little fact checking. His lack of thoroughness makes his comments about defending the craft and advocating any union or association suspect. His only claim to credibility is that he uses his own name in his posts. After doing a little fact checking, Ken has little credibility.

Latest posts