Hooters Air in Trouble

Jan 14, 2004
Hooters chairman uncertain about airline's future

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — The owner of Hooters Air is uncertain about the airline's future but he stopped short of saying it would soon shut down.
"I just hate to quit. I'm still fighting, but don't expect anything long term," said Robert Brooks, who also is chairman of the restaurant chain Hooters of America. "I dearly wished it could have turned out better."

Brooks, a Loris native, said the airline business was "crazy" and he is "open for suggestions" over what to do about the ailing airline.

Brooks could sell the airline or find investors to pump money into it.

"I've not been enamored with the industry in general," Brooks told The (Myrtle Beach) Sun News. "What I understand about it, I don't like what I see."

Hooters Air has trimmed service to some airports and ran up fuel service bills.

Airline industry analyst Tim Sieber said problems for the Myrtle Beach-based airline range from a highly competitve low-fare airline industry to rising fuel prices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hooters Air

Desperate times call for desperate measures: I say it's time for the on-board Hooters girls to shed those little T-shirts...