How do concessions stop this?

irony
n 1: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid" [syn: sarcasm, satire, caustic remark] 2: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: "the irony of Ireland''s copying the nation she most hated" 3: a trope that involves incongruity between what is expected and what occurs

RV4 said:

"How do you consider it sad that an employee "harps" about unneccasaary expenses when he is bieng asked to volunteer the destruction of his profession?"

"I am far more embarrased that AAmangement types are on the internet using many forms of alias, instead of using the last 18 months to work towards correcting our direction"

Are you a non-mechanic getting paid mechanic rates?

----------------
On 4/9/2003 1:16:05 PM eolesen wrote:

He''s a welder. I remember hearing that he wasn''t licensed, but I''ll let him speak to that.

----------------​

OK, so since he won''t say, would someone please tell me what is likely to happen to welders if the concessions are approved?

TANSTAAFL

----------------
On 4/9/2003 9:31:19 AM WXGuesser wrote:

What are you afraid of, RV4?

You''ve never made that clear. All you spout is rhetoric and cliches. Your statements are full of sound and fury and signify very little. Cards on the table; what do you stand to gain or lose?

TANSTAAFL

----------------​
What I am afraid of?

The reason my fears are not clear, is because I am not afraid. Is it a requirement to fear something to work for AA and have a valid opinion?

I know management and the union lapdogs are propagating more fear than has ever been witnessed in aviation, but that doesn''t mean each of us needs to have defined fears to function.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 1:16:05 PM eolesen wrote:

He''s a welder. I remember hearing that he wasn''t licensed, but I''ll let him speak to that.

----------------​
Tell us Eric, what is managements opinion of unlicensed employees of American that are welders?

----------------
On 4/9/2003 2:30:09 PM WXGuesser wrote:

OK, so since he won't say, would someone please tell me what is likely to happen to welders if the concessions are approved?

TANSTAAFL

----------------​
Ask the TWU Local 514 President Randy McDonald and the TWU AA System Coordinator Gary Yingst, they are unlicensed welder and machinist respectively.

The rest of us still dont have language or specific craft reductions. Why do you think we are voting NO? We don't what the HELL WE ARE VOTING ON!

One thing is clear, there are still unlicensed welders and machinist from the last reduction in force still working on aircraft in the hangar so I doubt they are as screwed as some of you would like them to be.

In fact, given the $1.55 difference in skill vs. license premium, it will be a long term benefit for the welders to be forced to the hangar to get their experience credit for license testing.

Anymore personal attacks or questions I can answer for you?

----------------
On 4/9/2003 3:22:58 PM eolesen wrote:

Does it really matter? Obviously, your opinion is the only one that matters anymore.

----------------​
Thank you for the kind words. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

----------------
On 4/9/2003 2:29:51 PM RV4 wrote:

Tell us Eric, what is managements opinion of unlicensed employees of American that are welders?

----------------​

Does it really matter? Obviously, your opinion is the only one that matters anymore.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 2:33:24 PM RV4 wrote:

What I am afraid of?

The reason my fears are not clear, is because I am not afraid. Is it a requirement to fear something to work for AA and have a valid opinion?

I know management and the union lapdogs are propagating more fear than has ever been witnessed in aviation, but that doesn''t mean each of us needs to have defined fears to function.

----------------
On 4/9/2003 2:30:09 PM WXGuesser wrote:

OK, so since he won''t say, would someone please tell me what is likely to happen to welders if the concessions are approved?

TANSTAAFL

----------------

Ask the TWU Local 514 President Randy McDonald and the TWU AA System Coordinator Gary Yingst, they are unlicensed welder and machinist respectively.

The rest of us still dont have language or specific craft reductions. Why do you think we are voting NO? We don''t what the HELL WE ARE VOTING ON!

One thing is clear, there are still unlicensed welders and machinist from the last reduction in force still working on aircraft in the hangar so I doubt they are as screwed as some of you would like them to be.

In fact, given the $1.55 difference in skill vs. license premium, it will be a long term benefit for the welders to be forced to the hangar to get their experience credit for license testing.

Anymore personal attacks or questions I can answer for you?

----------------​

You are certainly acting like you are afraid of something. I was merely curious what it was.

I''ve got no problem with welders, as they work hard at a necessary job that I cannot do. Nor am I launching ad hominem attacks. I took specific objection to your changing/avoiding the subject every time you are asked a direct question.

AFAIK, we will see specific language before the vote. If not, then I will be as suspicious as the next person.

My workgroup is getting 19% pay cuts, as well as the increased insurance costs, loss of vacation and sick time, etc. And, the company has been trying to force the union to allow our operation to be outsourced entirely for the last six months. So we''re screwed either way.

Based on the evidence I have, I know how I will vote. I hope that others take the same opportunity to consider what will be best for them...

TANSTAAFL