How do I make US fly., The frontlines part....

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
have the ability and the authority to make this a great airline to fly on and a great place to work. Or you can do as many of you have for years and b%@*h, moan and complain and add absolutley zero value to yourself or the company and you also bring those around you dowm too! Now fuddy duddies have at it!

The Comapny Brand Goals

FRIENDLY - helpful, approachable, relaxed
SIMPLE - easy to use, uncomplicated
FRESH - crisp, clean, modern
CONFIDENT - energetic, vibrant
RELIABLE - safe, consistent, proficient
PROFESSIONAL - knowledgeable, courteous
PERSONALIZED - anticipate our customer's imdividual needs
VALUE DRIVE - smart solutions at a fair price

This is the customer perception that the company would like to have, when all is said and done. I think if the customers really felt these things about us our work environments would be much better. con't.

So, how do those Brands get to the customer by the our employees doing this consistantly....

FRIENDLY – Take time to look each customer in the eye and offer a sincere smile.
SIMPLE – Find ways to make the traveling easier for our customers. Then go above and beyond what they expect so they will tell others about US.
FRESH – Help revitalize the airline by taking a new look at everything we do. Encourage creative thinking!
CONFIDENT – Exhibit a can do attitude and take pride in delivering great service. That energy will spread to our customers and make them feel good about choosing US.
RELIABLE – Strive to make every travel experience predictably good and every customer interaction exceptional,, especially during irregular operations.
PROFESSIONAL – Focus on doing a great job. Treat each other and our customers with respect.
PERSONALIZED – Recognize our best customers by name. Take a genuine interest in all our customers needs. Treat each one as an individual.
VALUE-DRIVEN – Look for innovative ways to provide the services our customers want at a fair price.

I think if we did these PINEY-BOB would be a happy man!

If management treated employees even remotely like you suggest employees treat customers, your entire post would be a non-event.

As employees we are led by example. And I follow Tempe's lead.

Boy, are we in trouble.

If management treated employees even remotely like you suggest employees treat customers, your entire post would be a non-event.

You are right about some in managment may not belive this or may hinder you ability to do this. Then it is up to you to do it abyway (to help the customer) or go over thier heads until you reach someone that is on board so to speak.

As employees we are led by example. And I follow Tempe's lead.

Boy, are we in trouble.

GREED 100% !!!

Maybe now i will even care less, especially after receiving the stupid DVD, maybe we should all take the lanyards and DVDs and return them to a box in our base - then tape them up and have an employee from each workgroup hand deliver them to DP office and tell him when he really wants to negotiate and do the right thing then we might talk.

It's true price matters. But our best customers are looking for more than just a low fare. What they want from US is:
Be honest, fair and treat them with respect
Recognize them by name
Keep them informed during irregular operations
Provide prompt, courteous service
Be upbeat with a positive attitude

Our customers pay our bills and our salaries. Translation: The clothes on our backs, our mortgages... even our children's college tuition. Whether or not we get and keep their businesses depends on how well we treat them.

Affordable pricing, smart amenities and a comprehensive route network are not enough to differentiate US from our competitors. Great customer service and teamwork can.

FACT: Out top CP member flies with US more than 250 times per year!

Friendly: Been to Philly lately during weather delays?
Simple: Tried using the ETC or USAirways.com lately?
Fresh: When's the last time you touched one of our blankets or pillows?
strike three, you're out.

It's true price matters. But our best customers are looking for more than just a low fare. What they want from US is:
Be honest, fair and treat them with respect
Recognize them by name
Keep them informed during irregular operations
Provide prompt, courteous service
Be upbeat with a positive attitude

Our customers pay our bills and our salaries. Translation: The clothes on our backs, our mortgages... even our children's college tuition. Whether or not we get and keep their businesses depends on how well we treat them.

Affordable pricing, smart amenities and a comprehensive route network are not enough to differentiate US from our competitors. Great customer service and teamwork can.

Your basic assumptions are correct. What is missing is a realization that since your best customers use your product so often, we know more about some parts of the operation than you.

We know about weather and ATC delays in the northeast.
We know about Philly; the delays, the bags, the rampers.
We know about Express carriers; the delays, the staff, the uncomfortable equipment.
We know about the web site and overseas reservations.

We also see a decrease in quality at the CP desk, and virtually unusable service from other res locations. We have been told to expect a decrease in available space as more seats are placed in aircraft.

We also know that the high load factors during this summer are about to evaporate, due to both seasonal issues and a dramatic slowing of the economy. Therefore, the problems previously mentioned should be resolved to entice us to continue using the airline.

Unfortunately, Tempe has not provided any acknowledgement of the frequent flyers. There must be leadership or your recommendations will ring hollow.

During weather delays.....try been to Philly anyday??

Isn't this the whole point to try and fix not only the logistical issues but everyones attitude?
And why do you all expect it to happen overnight, how long did it take to create this mess?
I see nothing wrong w/ the video or what the company is trying to do but I see plenty wrong with the majority reaction. Wanna bet the bashers are 90% Union?
And in many of your cases you will never be happy, in fact I bet if we had this board 10 years ago when you where the highest paid in the industry you where still singing the same song? I just don't understand the mentality be part of the solution or go away!

UP,
I agree with you. If all of this happens, this place would be a great place to come and work. But it's going to be a long shot at best. The leadership coming from and the perception of our leaders has been destroyed just in the past several weeks. They have cashed in their stock options and become instant millionaires(rightly or wrongly not the issue). And now DP himself included. It's the perception of getting rich quick. Secondly, now they are giving middle management raises for a job well done and at the same time telling everyone else you must remain cost neutral to the company. Thirdly, last year DP promissed $20,000,000 to PHL in order to improve the operation. It's only gotten worse. Baggage system is deplorable, have you seen the new white paint they're painting the gate areas?,...already looking pretty shaby. One of the VP's from Tempe came to PHL and was "shocked" at the break rooms and working conditions here at the airport. He promissed to fix them because: "It shows a lack of respect for our employees." Nothing has happened and that was at least 6 months ago. Until they start fixing the moral of employees, ain't going to happen. It will only be a mere pipe dream.

SIMPLE - Have eight different/fuzzy brand goals.

Your brand goals are nothing but mental masturbation.

I am out here busting my hump to make some money for US Airways while someone is getting paid to sit around and come up with these moronic brand goals.

l4p,

Ya got any of that lipstick left. I haven't seen it but this new video is starting to sound like the pig may need some.....

Jim

I bet if we had this board 10 years ago when you where the highest paid in the industry you where still singing the same song?

Just for info, 18 years ago at AWA we were the lowest industry paid and now we still are and it looks like the same for the future. That is not exactly progress! Haven't had a pay raise or cost of living increase for over 3 years and really don't expect a change in the next 3 years. Why am I still here you might ask: I love my job and I never expected to get rich doing it. If I had, I wouldn't be in the aviation field.

;) So what is the song and tune you are expecting to be sung?