How do I make US fly., The frontlines part....

l4p,

Ya got any of that lipstick left. I haven't seen it but this new video is starting to sound like the pig may need some.....

Jim
Been saving a couple of boxes just in case...... :D

SIMPLE - Have eight different/fuzzy brand goals.

Your brand goals are nothing but mental masturbation.

I am out here busting my hump to make some money for US Airways while someone is getting paid to sit around and come up with these moronic brand goals.
Well I would not have used the word "mental" but.......

You build name recognition by building value. The names you know, Coke, IBM, ATT, etc did not become brands using slogans....

It is simple. We'll cater to our important business and leisure customers but not in an overly formal way. [edit]
Business casual will translate into everything we do – from our relaxed individualized approach with customers, to simple, straight forward way we conduct daily business.

FRIENDLY & HELPFUL PEOPLE
+ LOW FARES & FULL SERVICE

So what exactly is bussiness casual?

Is it visible tattoos on public contact employees?
Is it extra piercing hardware on the same?
Is it publishing standards for these same employees then not actually requiring their application?

Or is it merely a Get on Board faux polo shirt with a new ID lanyard? Help me out, because watching the video did not make it clear.

Just for info, 18 years ago at AWA we were the lowest industry paid and now we still are and it looks like the same for the future. That is not exactly progress! Haven't had a pay raise or cost of living increase for over 3 years and really don't expect a change in the next 3 years. Why am I still here you might ask: I love my job and I never expected to get rich doing it. If I had, I wouldn't be in the aviation field.

;) So what is the song and tune you are expecting to be sung?

That is because you are a total pushover - Would you accept 5 dollars an hour if they forced it on you - YES - b/c you are a measly spineless pushover. Stand up, wear a backbrace - something, but dont just take it us the arse without some lube. Come On People, there arent enough sugar daddies out there for all of us, but from what i hear (Dougie might be lookin for some good wives, along with some of the other execs, in their quaint mormon households)... You could be doing 2 jobs and still get paid the same.... get where i am going. I AM THE MASTER! You will do As I say!!

I suspect Bob would agree that having PHL as his home airport (no connections in PHL) and not checking bags unless absolutely necessary improves one's view of that airport.....

Jim

be part of the solution or go away!

THEY WONT LISTEN TO ME!!!!
B)
Seriously though, there are a lot of things that could and should be fixed, but good luck getting someone - in the know who knows someone who knows what to do to get it done.

They need an email in corporate for these things and then have them distributed directly from Tempe so they get to the right person [email protected] would work

It's true price matters. But our best customers are looking for more than just a low fare. What they want from US is:
Be honest, fair and treat them with respect
Recognize them by name
Keep them informed during irregular operations
Provide prompt, courteous service
Be upbeat with a positive attitude

Our customers pay our bills and our salaries. Translation: The clothes on our backs, our mortgages... even our children's college tuition. Whether or not we get and keep their businesses depends on how well we treat them.

Affordable pricing, smart amenities and a comprehensive route network are not enough to differentiate US from our competitors. Great customer service and teamwork can.

FACT: Out top CP member flies with US more than 250 times per year!
Uh yeah, 7+ years with this company and I can barely afford my carpayment and rent. Of course I will still go above and beyond for our customers. But I've had it with this "new" management even more than with the last 3 rounds. If they think for one second that we will settle for "cost neutral" while they are pocketing millions then they better think again and better realize that they are in for a fight. I have officially had it with this new "tacky" style of doing things, we are not 2 year olds and obviously know how to treat our customers without someone holding our hands telling us how to do so. I thought I have honestly met all kinds but I continue to be amazed everyday at the amount of people that AWA was able to microchip.

have the ability and the authority to make this a great airline to fly on and a great place to work. Or you can do as many of you have for years and b%@*h, moan and complain and add absolutley zero value to yourself or the company and you also bring those around you dowm too! Now fuddy duddies have at it!

The Comapny Brand Goals

FRIENDLY - helpful, approachable, relaxed
SIMPLE - easy to use, uncomplicated
FRESH - crisp, clean, modern
CONFIDENT - energetic, vibrant
RELIABLE - safe, consistent, proficient
PROFESSIONAL - knowledgeable, courteous
PERSONALIZED - anticipate our customer's imdividual needs
VALUE DRIVE - smart solutions at a fair price

This is the customer perception that the company would like to have, when all is said and done. I think if the customers really felt these things about us our work environments would be much better. con't.

Is it an airline or a thesaurus? Roget's Airways? :huh:

Aw, people, forget about everything you have experienced and listen to them. It makes it all better somehow. OR ELSE! :angry2:

I suspect Bob would agree that having PHL as his home airport (no connections in PHL) and not checking bags unless absolutely necessary improves one's view of that airport.....

Jim

ok, for the first time ever on USAirways, I didn't get my bags after traversing PHL. However, I had two bags coming from YUL; it was amazingly hot; I was on a pretty full CRJ; I had lots of wires and other stuff in one bag and I got the bags the next day.

So, I can't tell you that the bags missed the connection in PHL. They may have been delayed in YUL. The tracking system isn't great though. LCC reported that they'd only located one bag, but both bags were delivered.

Also: It appeared that on the CRJ from YUL, folks were connecting in PHL to AMS, Barcelona, MAD, Bermuda, FRA, and PR. That kind of surprised me, but it might be a STAR thing.

Also, the F/A on PHL-DCA gave a longwinded (and slightly annoying) announcement about a credit card and some guy in coach stopped her as she was selling the stuff and complained (being just slightly mean) and asked for some peace and quiet.