How Greedy Can They Get?

22 crossed out of how many thousand??? Seems like AMFA is holding strong!! :up:

PTO you say you are 38 and have been in the business 10 years and have worked 4 or 5 different contracts. Are you going to be able to keep up this lifestye 25+ more years until you are able to retire? Just think about it....just like a migrant worker going place to place!!! 25 more years and at least 10 more different employers!! Have kids, wife? What is it like seeing them every other week? With the airlines and all the consolidation the past few years we call it AIDS(Airline Induced Divorce Syndrome)!!! I am no fan of any union but would you not rather work for a unionized company where you have some stability instead of a company which gets ahead on a track and lay you off for a week?

No I am not. Yes I would like a steady aviation job in my home state. The problem is a steady job there pays between 12 and 18 dollars an hour. Instead of working for that little chump change and crappie hours to boot I would rather work for a few months away from home then spend a couple of months at home doing what I want. What good does it do to be at home when your working hours that is backwards to the rest of the family anyway? I only work for about seven or eight months out of the year anyway. That sounds like a union job doesn't it?

PlayTheOdds said:
The problem is a steady job there pays between 12 and 18 dollars an hour. Instead of working for that little chump change and crappie hours to boot
[post="303990"][/post]​
Sounds like you need a union.

Just keep up the good work, you get your wish and the unions dissappear and those 12 to 18 bucks an hour will shrink to 8 to 10 bucks, and the big bucks you make now for scabbing will shrink to 12 to 18!! You will go from working 8 mo to 12 and hoping for OT. Just cannot understand with it being non union and managment being able to weed out the slackers at will, why do your local company's pay below union wages? Makes me wonder.....

AP Tech said:
22 crossed out of how many thousand??? Seems like AMFA is holding strong!! :up:

PTO you say you are 38 and have been in the business 10 years and have worked 4 or 5 different contracts. Are you going to be able to keep up this lifestye 25+ more years until you are able to retire? Just think about it....just like a migrant worker going place to place!!! 25 more years and at least 10 more different employers!! Have kids, wife? What is it like seeing them every other week? With the airlines and all the consolidation the past few years we call it AIDS(Airline Induced Divorce Syndrome)!!! I am no fan of any union but would you not rather work for a unionized company where you have some stability instead of a company which gets ahead on a track and lay you off for a week?
[post="303963"][/post]​

You know I cant answer for PTO but I owned my home out right no mortage as a matter of fact the sale of it closed tomm., I own two cars no payments and carry very little credit card debt. When our son was younger I worked longer term contracts and we all stayed and lived together and when he started college the wife and I hit the road, together. Alot of contractors take their wifes and their families. There are long term contracts out there that last years for mechs that are good at their jobs and work hard and there are short term contracts if you just want to go visit a place for a little while. Contracting is not the nightmare some people try to portray it as, contracting just like everything else is what you make of it. As for AIDS(aviation induced divorce syndrome) I havent heard that for years, but your right, for anyone that doesnt put their family first divorce is in their path, but for me there is NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING more important to me than my family and they know that. Do I want to do this for 25 more years HELL NO I dont want to be a burden the aviation, to beg to hang on to the bitter end, no I have other plans, but thank you for your concern. There are things out there in the world besides working for the same company for your entire career, until you are no longer an asset but a liability.

proAMFA said:
Play The Odds.................YOU ARE LOWER THAN A CHILD MOLESTER........

YOU are a "SCAB" ..................................!!!!!!!!!
[post="303128"][/post]​

You know, this statement is just SICK. There is really nothing more to say except maybe you guys that have the ability to type this tripe should seek some serious councling. NO HUMAN BEING WITH ANY EMPATHY can compare ANYONE to something as sick as a child molester, that just surpasses disgusting. :(

Opus said:
You know I cant answer for PTO but I owned my home out right no mortage as a matter of fact the sale of it closed tomm., I own two cars no payments and carry very little credit card debt. When our son was younger I worked longer term contracts and we all stayed and lived together and when he started college the wife and I hit the road, together. Alot of contractors take their wifes and their families. There are long term contracts out there that last years for mechs that are good at their jobs and work hard and there are short term contracts if you just want to go visit a place for a little while. Contracting is not the nightmare some people try to portray it as, contracting just like everything else is what you make of it. As for AIDS(aviation induced divorce syndrome) I havent heard that for years, but your right, for anyone that doesnt put their family first divorce is in their path, but for me there is NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING more important to me than my family and they know that. Do I want to do this for 25 more years HELL NO I dont want to be a burden the aviation, to beg to hang on to the bitter end, no I have other plans, but thank you for your concern. There are things out there in the world besides working for the same company for your entire career, until you are no longer an asset but a liability.
[post="304276"][/post]​

Opie,
What a freaking story teller you are!
You are a 'SCAB'!
Accept what you are and spare us your lies!

-BigE

PlayTheOdds,Sep 21 2005, 12:38 PM]
Good morning Bob. I see you are all frisky and bushy-tailed today. You are correct about those companies being non-union, which is the way it should be.

And thats why you are no longer there right? "Which is the way it should be"? You mean jobs should be crappy?.

Also I might add that it was indeed the management that continued to screw-up. Here is just one quick example. A/C is in for a 28-day heavy D 10 days from delivery the bean counters sent all the contractors home for the 10 days because they were 3 days ahead of schedule on their little charts. They figured that the directs could handle the rest of the work and they could save a few million. When we returned to work 10 days later over half of the contractors had quit and the aircraft was still there to be delivered 7 days late. This was all the time.
They would open a new line knowing they didn't have the manpower to man it. Of course when the customer didn't get their plane delivered they got pretty pissed. As soon as the company/customer contract was up the customer pulled out and bye-bye company. I spent about 18 months with them and they might have delivered 4 aircraft on time.

And you want to allow those same people to dictate terms of employment?

robbedagain said:
they are apparently learnign the tricks of the trade thamks to UAL and US! the govt should actually step in and say that these morons cannot collect a dam dime since the employees are being beatened raped and battered by mgmt.
[post="302729"][/post]​
Unfortunately, the government is controlled by people sympathetic to management and disdainful towards working people. Until you vote them out it will remain this way.

Bob Owens said:
PlayTheOdds,Sep 21 2005, 12:38 PM]
And thats why you are no longer there right? "Which is the way it should be"? You mean jobs should be crappy?.
And you want to allow those same people to dictate terms of employment?
[post="304346"][/post]​

Do you think a union could have helped that company? I don't think so and in the end it got just what it deserved, sold off for chump change. Rumor has it the facility sold for 7 million. The tooling and equipment alone was worth 40 million. If the new company that bought it hires the same management they are fools as well and will end up in the same boat.

PlayTheOdds said:
Do you think a union could have helped that company? I don't think so and in the end it got just what it deserved, sold off for chump change. Rumor has it the facility sold for 7 million. The tooling and equipment alone was worth 40 million. If the new company that bought it hires the same management they are fools as well and will end up in the same boat.
[post="305036"][/post]​
Do you think a union could have helped that company?.......yea if the TWU/IAM had been on the property it is feasible :)

PlayTheOdds said:
I'll tell you what is feasible is that any union there would have left with a fat chaeck laughing all the way to the bank. The people would have been in the same boat but with less money.
[post="307746"][/post]​
kinda like your about to be in the same boat, but with less money HUH? :up:

Latest posts