How Many Flights And Gates At Your Airport?

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
I was just wondering what the average gate utilization is for Southwest. With the addition of 5 flights to PHL in May, PVD will have 32 daily flights from 4 gates. This is 8 flights per gate.

When Southwest began operations from PVD in 1996, they had 14 flights from 1 gate. Although I know this is highly unusual.

How do things look like in your city? I think Southwest will need additional gate space in PVD soon to continue with expansion plans.

MHT currently has 22 flight operating from 3 gates. SWA normally plans on a max of 10 flights per gate per day.

Thanks for the info. Looks like they can continue to add flights at PVD with their current 4 gates. I hope we will see nonstops to FLL and LAS in the near future. Although I did notice that one of the new flights from PVD to PHL is direct to LAS. That is a step in the right direction.

CMH has 19 departures out of 2.5 gates. Gates 50 and 51 each get 8 per day, while 49 only handles 3. It's in an adjacent hold room and required a second set of inside staff, while one gate counter serves both 50 and 51. SWA also uses gate 20 (on a different concourse) for overnighters, but it's a repo-storage gate only, no boarding there.

CMH's gate-use champion is DL, which runs 35 flights out of 4 gates/5 parking positions.

The loser is currently HP, running 4 daily departures out of 11 gates! These are left over from the recently dismantled hub and the leases will end over the next year..

..CT

Tanker said:
MHT currently has 22 flight operating from 3 gates. SWA normally plans on a max of 10 flights per gate per day.
Tanker,

Does SW currently have plans for additional gate space up in MHT?

At ALB WN has two gates to handle 10 daily flights (BWI-7, MCO-2, LAS-1). I believe ALB is to construct over -the-wing jet bridges for WN to use.

weatherman
From what I hear it sounds like that MHT will be getting a 4th gate either late spring or early summer. It also looks like that they will be getting more flights by July (some should be to PHL) as well as an 8th overnighting A/C.