Southwest's Ata Bid

WN will win ATA. They were chosen, they have deeper pockets than AirTran. This will open markets for Wn, everywhere ata flies from mdw that wn doen't serve will be a new opportunity for wn.

This will essentially increase wn market share. This was a great move by wn, not a lot of cost with a huge upside. Wn has the cash and prfitability to handle this. Like wn or not, they are good at what they do.

whlinder said:
Hmm maybe both are right (USA Today says the court will decide on Tues, and the Indy Star/FT Times says WN won). ATA is favoring WN's proposal, but the court still has to accept it, and the court postponed the hearing till Tues.
[post="229333"][/post]​

I can't find anywhere where it says the court has "postponed" it's decision until Tuesday. The court will decide on Tuesday. If ATA's creditors are happy with the WN bid, why would a bankruptcy judge queer the deal?

WNjetdoc said:
luver41, you're correct, its just some others do not want to see it happen, for their own reasons.
[post="229612"][/post]​
If you're implying I don't want to see it happen, you're wrong, because I really don't care who wins. In fact I think I would prefer WN win, just to see how they set up the codeshare, but either way it doesn't matter.

What I was saying before was in reference to an article in USA Today that said the judge had postponed his decision until Tuesday. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea, but I was going off of that article.

Im not pointing just to you, Im referring to other posters as well. It seems that most of the profiles I've clicked on from posters who seem to be the most upset by this deal have something to do with Usair.

I've learned that this company, WN, seems to have a clue to what they're doing, so I kinda trust them. If they had made boneheaded after boneheaded managment decisions, year after year, like some other airline(s), then perhaps I would be second guessing every move they made. It seems that most of their business decisions have been money.

Southwest isn't a perfect company and we have our share of problems, but Im very, very happy to be here.