How's Your IPhone?

dell.
OUTSOURCING at its Finest !

In the U.S., there are still approximately 28,760 workers involved in manufacturing communications equipment. The hourly mean wage for these U.S. telecommunications workers is $16.85 an hour and $134.80 for an eight-hour day. These wages are 15 ½ times higher than the wages at VTech in China. The Chinese workers earn just 6 ½ percent of what U.S. workers earn. The wage differential is even more pronounced when you include benefits in the U.S.

This report is about the lives of VTech employees in China, who toil under cruel, inhumane and illegal sweatshop conditions, stripped of any democratic or union rights, and with no way out of the jail of repression they are in.

http://www.globallab...reports?id=0649

7402558410_6607ddb2d8_z.jpg

No Iphone attached to my hip. Too expensive, not robust enough for the work I do and I do not feel the need to be connected to the internet everywhere I go. Lets face it though, most of us have cell phones and the chances are it's made in China.

No Iphone attached to my hip. Too expensive, not robust enough for the work I do and I do not feel the need to be connected to the internet everywhere I go. Lets face it though, most of us have cell phones and the chances are it's made in China.

How true, however with that said, where are all these trade unionists who are so supportive of the working mans rights here in the US but find it all too easy to look the other way at Best Buy and wherever else they shop?

Trade hypocrites?

Latest posts