Disappointed with DL 176 ATL DUB Jan 22, 2103

not sure about during the winter but DL did operate JFK-PRG last summer at least and will operate next summer.

DL has operated the 330 and 767 to PRG but never the 757.

Back to the topic....I have had some resent experience with the non rev behavior that was to say some what poor. I fly one of the most desiable and hardest to get to destinations that we have presently. For the issues to rise to me it is to say a rairity. Most if not all are S4. Some are OAL but some are from the connection carriers. Most about not being upgraded to First .(cg problems caused by extra cargo) I just don't remember non rev's causing problems before. I think that it is that they have not been breifed on how to act and what to expect.

Reactions: 1 person
It would be nice to have a board where people could open a second account to boost their negative rating...

This rating thing is such high-school bullying and juvenile sh|t.

I was actually looking for a feature that would prevent certain people from having to go through the headache of reading my posts and responses.

Say, instead of the account holder blocking what others write, they should be able to block certain people from reading what they write. It would make this board so much more peaceful.

I truly wish there was a way to exclude a number of people from being able to read, respond and to add ratings to my opinions.

But then again, who gives a rats a$$ what I think, correct? Probably only them

So, back to the subject:

DL is one of the nicest airlines to non-rev on. The likelihood of being upgraded to Business Class or Elite or whatever it is called today is much higher than at all the counterpart carriers from the USA. Also keep in mind that DL is one of the few that doesn't charge for upgrades. Moreover, upgrading in a lot of International carriers is taboo. There are some Int'l airlines that require the airport agents to assign the last row in economy to NRSAs (provided it is not already being saved for the crew). While your chances of getting an upgrade at DL are high, there is also a chance to encounter a less-than-friendly agent unwilling to upgrade a NRSA (everything is possible).

Many times, I chose to fly DL over my own airline, as my airline (like most in the US) charges for upgrades, but when I didn't get the upgrade, I didn't go on the net and rant about how poor the airline was.

Reactions: 2 people
So, back to the subject:

DL is one of the nicest airlines to non-rev on. The likelihood of being upgraded to Business Class or Elite or whatever it is called today is much higher than at all the counterpart carriers from the USA. Also keep in mind that DL is one of the few that doesn't charge for upgrades. Moreover, upgrading in a lot of International carriers is taboo. There are some Int'l airlines that require the airport agents to assign the last row in economy to NRSAs (provided it is not already being saved for the crew). While your chances of getting an upgrade at DL are high, there is also a chance to encounter a less-than-friendly agent unwilling to upgrade a NRSA (everything is possible).

Many times, I chose to fly DL over my own airline, as my airline (like most in the US) charges for upgrades, but when I didn't get the upgrade, I didn't go on the net and rant about how poor the airline was.
Delta upgraded me a couple of times from ATL-MIA when i was commuting, I commuted from '06-'09, very nice overall from the agents to the FAs. I didnt even ask for the upgrade either time. If im working a flight i would upgrade all airline employees if AA allowed me. But as a (former) commuter I was happy just to get on, but it was nice to get business.

I just got off one of the newly reburbed 763ERs and it is a major step up over the previous product and even improved somewhat over the 764 that the 763 refurbs were based on. DL clearly put a bunch of non-revs of various types in business class since that cabin was half full earlier in the day and almost full at takeoff.

Non reving on DL has always been a treat. My friends at DL love working there. Even after the NWA merger I have not had a problem getting upgraded. It has been said so many times that DL treats us better non reving than our own company.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts