Hurricane Iam

ExUAW

Nov 27, 2002
Sincerely Dave has said, "... US Airways had a challenging operating environment with disruptions due to summer storms." I say those storms will feel like the calm before the storm when Hurricane IAM hits this week ... :shock:

BOB, CLT STORES

ExUAW said:
Sincerely Dave has said, "... US Airways had a challenging operating environment with disruptions due to summer storms." I say those storms will feel like the calm before the storm when Hurricane IAM hits this week ... :shock:

BOB, CLT STORES
It's also important to let those in 'Bama know that they are SCABS if they touch our planes. If you pull one bolt off a US Airways plane that is rightfully and contractually union work - I hope they understand the ramifications of that on their future careers. Just ask the pilots who crossed the line for Eastern. Yes, there are little black books. Yes, you will be found out. Yes, your career will suck for the rest of your life thanks to your decision to cross the lines. :shock:

N513AU said:
It's also important to let those in 'Bama know that they are SCABS if they touch our planes.
Well, actually, they are not, and you should know better. I have no use for a SCAB, will not associate with one... but these MRO workers are not scabbing. Now if they walk across my line into our hangars, thats a different story.

They are non union and there is no picket line at their employer. I agree the work is ours, but unfortunately the workers in 'Bama are just peons caught in this vicious cycle like you and I.

I don't blame them. I would like all MRO's to be organized, but that will never happen. Direct your attentions to the responsible parties.

Good point Dill. Keep emotions in check and respond with intelligence and fortitude when and if it happens. I cannot speak for all of our ALPA members but if jets start flying to Alabama for maintenance, my mental state will not be conducive to doing my job. Thank goodness I have never had a major illness before and I have a close freind who is a psychologist. He will be able to tell me whether or not I am mentally ready to do my job. I will seek his medical advice if I feel the need.

mr

delldude said:
lets all hope that sanity prevails...if not:

lets the games begin....
It will never be good enough for our "Super Dave's, Lorenzoite" mis-management team.. I always enjoy the Calm before the Storm..... B)

insp89 said:
delldude said:
lets all hope that sanity prevails...if not:

lets the games begin....
It will never be good enough for our "Super Dave's, Lorenzoite" mis-management team.. I always enjoy the Calm before the Storm..... B)
please,please...i found out that dave is quite sensitive to being compared to "FRANK LORENZO"....so what ever you do don't refer to him as the "NEW FRANK LORENZO"....apparently it bothers him greatly...so you will never hear me refer to him as the "NEW FRANK LORENZO"...DAVE,YOU HAVE MY PROMISE THAT I WILL NEVER REFER TO YOU AS "THE NEW FRANK LORENZO"......
NOTICE THE LIKENESS????

Dave Lorenzo and Chainsaw Al and Butcher Ben...Hmmmm

Looks promising doesn't it.

:down: :angry: :down: :angry:

Pine:

I disagree. You said "Siegel has a plan and like the plan or don't is executing it with a fair amount of skill." I lived through the CAL/Lorenzo takeover. You may not have. Lorenzo had a plan and he executed it with the same skill and cunning that Seigel is doing here. Seigel is also "one step ahead of the Unions, Government and yes even us lowly customers." Big time ahead of the unions and government. He used 9/11 masterfully in his plan to slash the costs, cut employees, and get this government to give us the loan guarantee. Remember, this is the same government that can't keep the budget balanced or social security solvent. Since when do their business decisions (such as approving our loan) amount to brilliance? Lorenzo did the same thing using the C11 laws (prior to the government restructuring those laws to protect employees) to slash his costs and cut employees.

The CAL pilots had no choice at that time but to strike. If you don't remember, the work rules and pay rates Lorenzo put into place (because C11 at that time allowed him to) those pilots could not possibly have come to work. You are absolutely correct there have been no strikes here. We learned a great lesson in 1984 thanks to the CAL pilots. And the changes to C11 since that time have prevented a strike here. But don't think a strike isn't an impossibility in the future. Possibly the near future.

The jury is still out on whether the business community will compare Seigel with Lorenzo. But he is the same and it will be proven as time goes on. Had he the same options Lorenzo had with the old C11 rules he would have done the same thing. You see Piney, there is a huge difference between need and want. Saving the airline and putting it back on track with improved costs, work rules and product is one thing and is needed. Taking in completely off the track and trying to slash the very essence of the airline along with the costs and work rules thus resulting in an inferior product is a want. It amounts to greed. That is what Lorenzo did at CAL. That is what Seigel is doing at USAirways. Lorenzo played under his C11 rules and Seigel is playing under a new set. Different times but the players are the same. You could interchange Lorenzo and Seigel. If Lorenzo were here now he would be doing EXACTLY what Dave is doing. And if Dave were at CAL in 1984 he would have done EXACTLY what Frank did. That is what they do. And they both think they are doing the right thing. Just like Chainsaw Al. I read his book. These guys think they are saviors. They really do. That is what is scary.

And just for the record, had Lorenzo stayed at CAL they would have gone the same way as EAL. That is why we must get rid of Seigel. If he stays long enough and continues to play his want vs. need game, U will go the way of EAL. And that would be a true shame. We fly where the people are. We can't allow him to give our customers away. Because that is exactly what he is doing.

mr

mrplanes, Great Post ! Tell it like it is...... I work with several ex-eastern inspectors and mechanics that went thru the "Frankrupcy" years , [Frank Lorenzo & Frank Borman], They all say there are many similarities between these two mis-management teams.. [Lorenzo, Borman vs. Siegel , Bronner ] .

IMO_all wolf's in sheep's clothing,,,,,and..........there's more....

They are cut from the same cloth.............BURLAP>>>>>>MAYHaps call

them,,,,,,,,,""The Burlap Bros"

PRAY that JUSTICE will be done on FRIDAY!!!!

Dave LORENZO: Go pound salt with your daddy BRONNER!!!! :p :p

E-TRONS OUT.

PS. Mr. Moderator, How about lightening up with the censorship?? Please??? ;)

E-TRONS said:
PRAY that JUSTICE will be done on FRIDAY!!!!
I'm afraid that even a ruling in favor of the union can only be a bitter sweet victory at best. :( I believe that the intention of the current management is to move all maintenance outside of the company except perhaps the minor checks that are done as routine over night. When the current contract expires I envision a fight to the finish with the Dave Duo and I believe they will be much better prepared then.

It is the way the nation is going ... sub-contract... sub-contract... sub-contract!! The greed that is governing corporate America is destroying the middle class which was the backbone of this nation. As Americans finally start to wake up it will probably be too late to turn it back around. The blue collar jobs that are deserting America are leaving American families in ruin as the "hi-tech" jobs that were promised by pro-NAFTA people are coming too slowly... and they come not to displaced bread winners but to newly educated young people at entry level pay.

All we can do is fight one battle at a time and pray that the greed which has gripped this country is loosed long enough that we can free ourselves. This is also a warning to all unions that it is imperative that become more competitive and offer a product that is desirable.

Latest posts

Back