I got an interview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frntvngd

Aug 24, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Okay, so hopefully ya''ll F/A''s wont be mad at me for posting this about me getting a job as a CSA. I went in for my second interview with Midwest Express today with the station manager and really blew him away. He is sending me to MKE on wednesday to meet with a corporate recruiter!!
So now i am freaking out, how do I ace an interview with a corporate recruiter. He was asking me how i deal with:
-Irate passengers
-Dealing with difficult people
-If someone is yelling at me how do i handle myself?
I answered the questions the best I could, and I guess it was good enough, im just worried about a corporate recuiter?
Please help me get through this interview!
THanks

Always - always - defuse the situation by speaking im measured controlled tones...This eventually takes the wind out of the person's sails and eventually he or she will calm down...And make an effort to assist someone...people always appreciate that

When it comes to dealing with irate customers, the first thing you have to do is listen, and listen carefully. Sometimes the whole problem is simply a matter of another agent misunderstanding a customer's wants or needs, which frustrates them to no end.

After listening carefully, it helps to re-state the problem to the customer. This checks for mutual understanding, and also emphasizes the fact that you are paying attention to them. You might try verbiage like this:

Ok Mr. Johnson, let me make sure I understand what happened,...

I see, Mr. Smith. So what essentially took place is...

In many cases, a customer simply wants their concern to be heard, and acknowledged. Being an effective listener goes a long way toward resolving conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.