I WANT TO GO ON A TEST FlIGHT!

Deleted by moderator at posters request

Thak you :up:[/quote]

Oh oh...I had to fly that non-philly 2 hour MX delayed flight on Wednesday ;) Thanks Shannon! It was full of grumpy Brits but the crew was a blast to fly with...if they read this forum...You Da Bomb! and Yes...these PIT folks need to come to CLT to partay.

a few days ago one of our agents got to joyride while an a330 left CLT and went flying around for a while before it went to LGW. It had been in the hanger the day before all day undergoing minor repairs and had the day off for Thanksgiving due to non operating 732CLTLGW

Interesting. Ferry flight or not, were there non-revs on board and from where to where?

Gotta date, time and aircraft number?

I know mechanics go on the test flight when it comes out of heavy maintenance.

You're looking at a ferry flight. No passengers usually, and sometimes a couple of nonrevs. Most charter trips include a ferry.

Prior to our last FOM revision, we used to be able to take anyone listed on an employee's travel benefits on a ferry flight (wife, kids, parents) even if the employee wasn't traveling with them. The new revision strictly now states only employees can non-rev on ferry flights. Is this an East thing or a step back for everyone because I think this sucks.

Holy crap...it's the management folks...RUN!!!!!! :shock:

To be management demands less than a two digit IQ and I have never been able to dumb myself down that far.

I believe any captain should have the authority to take whoever he damn well pleases, not to bump paying pax. I have an in-law who flies for a foreign carrier into/out of the US and he takes whoever he damn well pleases on the jumpseat.

The fact that American pilots are so stupid as to buy onto such idiotic restrictions compared to the rest of the world just shows how many cowards fly the US skies. Damn sheep.

Interesting. Ferry flight or not, were there non-revs on board and from where to where?

Gotta date, time and aircraft number?
No, I didn't memorize the date, time and a/c number, but anyone who worked CRAF will tell you that on the flight returning from the Middle East through Europe back to Philly would have included two ferries with complete crews nonrevving (to get home earlier) and the occasional non-crewmember. There have been other ferries where non-revs got on by falling upon the flight by chance.

To be management demands less than a two digit IQ and I have never been able to dumb myself down that far.

I believe any captain should have the authority to take whoever he damn well pleases, not to bump paying pax. I have an in-law who flies for a foreign carrier into/out of the US and he takes whoever he damn well pleases on the jumpseat.

The fact that American pilots are so stupid as to buy onto such idiotic restrictions compared to the rest of the world just shows how many cowards fly the US skies. Damn sheep.
What an idiotic statement, Captain should be able to take whoever he/she wants on the jumpseat? What do you think they own the acft? Pay for fuel of another body who might have purchased a ticket? Feed that person? Have our res agents/rampers work for that freebie? What a bonehead!!

Latest posts