I Will Vote YES

totobird

Senior
Nov 26, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I am going to vote YES on January 10th.
Even with the next round of cuts USAirways still provides me with good income and benefits.
I''ve been talking with friends and looking in the paper and searching the net and there is hardly anything close to what I am making at USAirways as a Fleet Service Agent.

[P][SPAN class=BodyFont]I am going to vote YES on January 10th.[BR]Even with the next round of cuts USAirways still provides me with good income and benefits.[BR]I've been talking with friends and looking in the paper and searching the net and there is hardly anything close to what I am making at USAirways as a Fleet Service Agent.[BR]
[P]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR] [FONT size=3] Follow this post up with a look on monster.com and other internet places where jobs are currently available for verification. You will find that grass is not greener, it's burnt pure black, unless you have a very good education with years of experience to go with it. [/FONT][/P][/SPAN]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/28/2002 11:06:35 PM A&P Tech wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/28/2002 10:14:03 PM totobird wrote:

Even with the next round of cuts USAirways still provides me with good income and benefits.
I've been talking with friends and looking in the paper and searching the net and there is hardly anything close to what I am making at USAirways as a Fleet Service Agent.

----------------
[/blockquote]
I wish you good luck, as you may not be as lucky on round three or four.......
----------------
[/blockquote]
Interesting reply...but how many more weeks or months will a possible "round three or four" keep thousands of people making better money at U?...as opposed to drawing un-employment or working a superficial job , while waiting for something better to come along?

Nobody likes the situation...but voting to seek wholesale distruction of our airline isn't the awnser either.

I view it this way. Management can destroy U in whatever time frame suits them...or the can possibly fix whats wrong with it? 'm not going to be implicated by avaition history buffs , as part of what pushed U to the "Airlines of the past" forum.

To each thier own...do what works for you/U

One of the guys that got furloughed back in June just got a job. He will be starting on the 6th with ATA, part time $8 an hour, 20 hours a week. That is less than he is getting on unemployment.[BR][BR]Another friend of mine has been out of work for 6 months. He was a medical office manager and quit to join a national consulting firm. 3 months into his new job they downsized and he got the ax. He has been sending out resumes like crazy and has received 2 replies. One offered him a job as a medical office receptionist for $8 an hour. He has a 4 year degree and has worked in the medical field for over 10 years as an office manager and there is nothing available.[BR][BR]These are the two extremes, but I know from helping them look that the pickins are slim. Either its boring menial work at cheap rates, or highly skilled work with competition.[BR][BR]Vote however you feel comfortable with what options you might have available to you. Everyone will have some job options, just check out whats there before you vote so you know if there are agreeable options available.

I just put in a yes vote. Take a look on the United board. The new T/A the Flight Attendants just got from the company makes our new T/A look good. Wait until American gets a look at it. This is going to happen at every major airline. The game is over. Even with everything that is happening I still like this job and will do what ever it takes to save US.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/28/2002 10:14:03 PM totobird wrote:

I've been talking with friends and looking in the paper and searching the net and there is hardly anything close to what I am making at USAirways as a Fleet Service Agent.

----------------
[/blockquote]
I wish you good luck, as you may not be as lucky on round three or four.......

I wish you good luck, as you may not be as lucky on round three or four.......[BR]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR] If a no vote would make everything peachy, ok, but if you are correct with more cuts coming anyway, well then that will buy time, time to earn more money and have insurance a little longer. I personally believe a no vote means an end RIGHT now with NO time. So time it is with a positive vote from me. Do what you believe is right, it's your right and your life. Good Luck[FONT size=2][/FONT]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/28/2002 11:23:58 PM cavalier wrote:
[P]I wish you good luck, as you may not be as lucky on round three or four.......[BR]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR] If a no vote would make everything peachy, ok, but if you are correct with more cuts coming anyway, well then that will buy time, time to earn more money and have insurance a little longer. I personally believe a no vote means an end RIGHT now with NO time. So time it is with a positive vote from me. Do what you believe is right, it's your right and your life. Good Luck[FONT size=2][/FONT][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][STRONG]at this stage of the game what can we do? i know some will say vote it down,but we've come this far and it might go a little further.all the people that have been cut may not be able to come back for some time..if at all.but it's down now to the core group of employees...all labor groups,this the group of employees who are either going to see it succeed or die.and now that fate rests in OUR hands alone.so how do we call it now?[/STRONG]

Finally, some rational thought. I was beginning to think that it no longer existed!

Voting yes will mean more concessions.. we can all agree on that. But, have our unions ever given any concessions. Sure, we are getting paid less so the unions are collecting less. How about this, why don't they drop the percentage they collect of our base pay?