I''m voting no, no matter who''s jobs at stake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure sounds noble to give furoughed folks voting rights, but this time I think it's going to backfire. Of course there are those on here that want the company to fail because "they done me wrong" but that shows no concern for others that depend on U for their livleyhood. Cav, you quoted Matthew chapter 7 to me yesterday, and today you promote this attitude. I just don't get it.

A320 Driver

It sure sounds noble to give furoughed folks voting rights, but this time I think it's going to backfire. Of course there are those on here that want the company to fail because "they done me wrong" but that shows no concern for others that depend on U for their livleyhood. Cav, you quoted Matthew chapter 7 to me yesterday, and today you promote this attitude. I just don't get it.

A320 Driver

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 4:53:03 PM MCORORES wrote:

The only reason why I will be voting yes ... is because FINALLY management decided that they also will be in it for the long hall with their concessions...something that should of been done a long time ago.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Here, Here.

That's what bought my Yes vote too. Funny how some "team work" makes all the difference.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 4:53:03 PM MCORORES wrote:

The only reason why I will be voting yes ... is because FINALLY management decided that they also will be in it for the long hall with their concessions...something that should of been done a long time ago.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Here, Here.

That's what bought my Yes vote too. Funny how some "team work" makes all the difference.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 4:59:03 PM PineyBob wrote:

Because frankly sir, her no vote could effect my life in a negative way! US Airways closing it's doors effects my liesure travel plans to Europe with my Girlfriend this summer. US's failure means I have to drive to either PHL or EWR, instead of the short trip down the GSP to ACY! Also the route structure is such that it is a perfect fit for my business and liesure travel requirements. US got my business by addressing my personal requirements. They keep it despite MR. Baldanza because of the extremely cordial, knowledgable, skilled and friendly staff I deal with when I fly.

NEWS FLASH! It's all about ME! I earn the right to choose because I pay for it. Despite all of the bad news I stick with US and I voice my opinions over issues that could affect ME!

I do understand she is upset! Who wouldn't be? I wish her well, I just could never out of anger or a sense of social justice cast a vote that would potentially jeopardize someones job! Especially at a place I no longer worked!
----------------
[/blockquote]
For all you fence-sitters out there, here's your reason to vote yes this time. Piney needs to go to Europe with his squeeze this summer. Sold!

INVOL

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 4:59:03 PM PineyBob wrote:

Because frankly sir, her no vote could effect my life in a negative way! US Airways closing it's doors effects my liesure travel plans to Europe with my Girlfriend this summer. US's failure means I have to drive to either PHL or EWR, instead of the short trip down the GSP to ACY! Also the route structure is such that it is a perfect fit for my business and liesure travel requirements. US got my business by addressing my personal requirements. They keep it despite MR. Baldanza because of the extremely cordial, knowledgable, skilled and friendly staff I deal with when I fly.

NEWS FLASH! It's all about ME! I earn the right to choose because I pay for it. Despite all of the bad news I stick with US and I voice my opinions over issues that could affect ME!

I do understand she is upset! Who wouldn't be? I wish her well, I just could never out of anger or a sense of social justice cast a vote that would potentially jeopardize someones job! Especially at a place I no longer worked!
----------------
[/blockquote]
For all you fence-sitters out there, here's your reason to vote yes this time. Piney needs to go to Europe with his squeeze this summer. Sold!

INVOL

Wilma - You vote no if you'd like to ...it's ur choice...

Lately we have superviors coming into the break room to get us if we are 2-3 minutes over the break schedule, they are stating that they will be watching us every 30 minutes...for unscheduled breaks...which are usually bathroom breaks...for a group or employees they want to vote yes...maybe they should start with the supervisors treating the reservations employees like adults. They have not done this in a constructive way, most are resenting the hardline tactic.

Congratulations on your new job, although I'm one still voting yes..only to try and preserve my current job...or maybe the severance. With management now onboard with the rest of us, I'll feel better about my vote. Had management not come onboard it would've been a no vote for me too. Will they keep coming back for more...only time will be able to answer that question...

Status
Not open for further replies.