Fleet Service Negotiations

Giant Robot!

Feb 18, 2006
I just spoke to a friend who attended a briefing in PA earlier this week, where the Union Rep, also on the Negotiating Committee for Fleet Service, was talking about how the talks were progressing. He said he heard many of the same things we’ve heard in the past i.e. talks are going on to try to correct many of the things we lost in bankruptcy such as pay, sick time and job security. But the main thing he told me that I found interesting was the Rep alluded to but would not come right out and say that there was an undercurrent during the talks that was felt but not spoken that one of the reasons for being in these transition talks was to actually attempt to get US/AWA fleet agents closer to the pay and benefits of that of a UA fleet agent. If this were accomplished, should there be a merger between the two carriers the transition between the two fleet groups would be much easier AND give the UA fleet agents a better shot of getting on the higher Pension Benefit scale. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Regards,

G.R.

As much as I hate to ask, was there any mention of elimination of the cursed 60 furlough rule????? :(

As much as I hate to ask, was there any mention of elimination of the cursed 60 furlough rule????? :(
He didn't mention it but I'd heard in the past that it had been a major topic during talks as it should be in PA.

Thanks, I along with a few hunderd others on furlough won't give up all hope yet....... B)
Given that most of us have close to 2 years of recall left, we can only hope for the best, especially if a UA/US merger does take place.

Thanks, I along with a few hunderd others on furlough won't give up all hope yet....... B)
Given that most of us have close to 2 years of recall left, we can only hope for the best, especially if a UA/US merger does take place.
I second that motion
JR

I second that motion
JR
J.R.

I agree with you brother, but take a look at the DL 141 web page, (officers). It is LOADED with UA representatives, almost a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio over the US reps…then you take US Airways AGC Armideo out of the picture because he can’t get on any airport property…now it’s a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio over US reps. See what I’m getting at!? I HOPE it’s about our 60 day rule, low pay, horrible sick leave policy, lack of vacation for seniority…AND YES JOB SECURITY which includes our East class II cities and other west cities and NOT helping the UA fleet agents get a better pension qualifier! THESE ARE OUR TRANSITION TALKS !!! Hope you hear us, DL 141! Negotiate a transition agreement for US/AWA and NOT for the UA agents…these are OUR negotiations!!!

Regards,

G.R.

J.R.

I agree with you brother, but take a look at the DL 141 web page, (officers). It is LOADED with UA representatives, almost a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio over the US reps…then you take US Airways AGC Armideo out of the picture because he can’t get on any airport property…now it’s a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio over US reps. See what I’m getting at!? I HOPE it’s about our 60 day rule, low pay, horrible sick leave policy, lack of vacation for seniority…AND YES JOB SECURITY which includes our East class II cities and other west cities and NOT helping the UA fleet agents get a better pension qualifier! THESE ARE OUR TRANSITION TALKS !!! Hope you hear us, DL 141! Negotiate a transition agreement for US/AWA and NOT for the UA agents…these are OUR negotiations!!!

Regards,

G.R.
Now that was a lot smarter post than your initial one where you were fretting and worrying over the goofy IAM pension plan.
Bottom line is that both US and UA IAM fleet workers are screwed over in the retirement department, with no access to their funds until they need a cane, possible suspensions, and heavily restricted contribution levels from the companies. The IAM's plan is an archaic retirement device that has been eclipsed by other more optimal retirment options that are more portable and choice oriented for today's workers. Unfortunately, the IAM pension is a reminder of a paternal blast from the past. Kinda like that old wooden rollercoaster. But the I'll ask union had to find some way to subsidize the loss of dues.

Anyways, sorry for the 'rant', it's just that the IAM pension fund was the second biggest concession that the ramp ever [union or non union] took...48.2 million concession and collar to the previous 401k [which wasn't the greatest].

regards,

I just spoke to a friend who attended a briefing in PA earlier this week, where the Union Rep, also on the Negotiating Committee for Fleet Service, was talking about how the talks were progressing. He said he heard many of the same things we’ve heard in the past i.e. talks are going on to try to correct many of the things we lost in bankruptcy such as pay, sick time and job security. But the main thing he told me that I found interesting was the Rep alluded to but would not come right out and say that there was an undercurrent during the talks that was felt but not spoken that one of the reasons for being in these transition talks was to actually attempt to get US/AWA fleet agents closer to the pay and benefits of that of a UA fleet agent. If this were accomplished, should there be a merger between the two carriers the transition between the two fleet groups would be much easier AND give the UA fleet agents a better shot of getting on the higher Pension Benefit scale. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Regards,

G.R.

The Fleet Service negotiating committee and the company are meeting this week in CLT and I'm still wondering if my PA connection is right about the "UA Undercurrent" during the talks. Are we trying to help UA...OR...US?

Regards,

G.R.

Just talked to my friend from PA and he said that his Union Rep. on the Negotiating Committee just told him that talks had broken off in CLT today and no date is set for anyone to meet again. He also said he heard that the Tower and Operation agents, system wide, would now be subject to random drug and alcohol testing starting July 1, 2007 and the Ramp would start random testing August 1, 2007. He said the Tower had something to do with weight and balance and the Ramp was because of receipt and dispatch. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Regards,

G.R.

thats just great , talks have boken off AGAIN eh ? i'm am now sick of hearing this song and dance . When the union posts WHY the talks have boken off they had better go into detail rather than the same generic #### they put out every time.

YGTBSM!

After all this time, drug tests are an issue?

Rampers have always been subject to testing with cause, and cause can pretty much be management's say-so. What's the big extra thing the company buys getting random added to the mix, and how is it such a big issue?

Of course, with the new employees they've got running around now, they probably need to pee in a bottle when they clock in! :down: