I wouldn't be too concerned about JetBlue...

Earlier last week, people were voicing their concerns over JetBlues recent emergence along the PIT - BOS rout. Article in today's Philadelphia Daily News suggests the airline could be headed to trouble.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/business/14131647.htm
Yeah, pay no attention to that Dave Neelman guy behind the curtain. Soon they will be gone, and USAirways can go back to charging exorbitant fares for substandard service, and things will be just fine.

Yeah, pay no attention to that Dave Neelman guy behind the curtain. Soon they will be gone, and USAirways can go back to charging exorbitant fares for substandard service, and things will be just fine.
JetBlue isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Bear, this is a new US Airways. Aren't you United?

I find it to be an odd retort by Dervin blaming their on-time performance (or lack thereof) on having flights heavily traveled on the east coast corridor. Haven't they always been hubbed on the east coast?

I think its more due to the huge expansion in the past year that places them in ranking with U and PHL stats.

Welcome to the big leagues.

Funny how the press is almost always about 6 months behind on figuring things out.

Jet Blue is no longer the darling, guess they are going to have to write stories about how the legacy "dinosaurs" are not dead (like they used to write about) :D

US Airways needs to make sure they do not get a foothold on this route or it will be a problem long term. They need to show B6 like Delta did, that the investment to make the route successful is not worth it right now. They can be beaten on this route. US has to run a better airline(ontime, etc.) in order to win.

US Airways needs to make sure they do not get a foothold on this route or it will be a problem long term. They need to show B6 like Delta did, that the investment to make the route successful is not worth it right now. They can be beaten on this route. US has to run a better airline(ontime, etc.) in order to win.
The old US/east just cut and run when WN invaded their markets all they did is cut labor water down labor contacts to allow them to throw contract RJ’s at the competition. Is US/west on the same page?

Well, we did cancel LGA/BDA that was to start up in April again do to their EMB190 service out of JFK.

JetBlue has seasoned management, just look at Needleman's track record.

Doug Parker has yet to make his mark. And only time will tell.

JBLY, like LUV, is looking for the business travelers, and the higher yields. Flying Moms and Pops to FLA for almost nothing is not all it's made out to be...

BOS-PIT will be interesting to watch...in about 12 months...Will they indeed cut and run as AirTran did on the PIT-PHL route? (Or will LCC leave PIT? Personally, I hope we expand PIT).

:)

FL failed in PIT because "we" "loyal" US customers didn't fly them. Plain and simple. At that time US took "us" everywhere and anywhere direct. FL had limited operations against the then GIANT in PIT.

That's not that case anymore. WN entered........YEAH! B6 is coming....BIGGER YEAH!

The PIT-BOS route will now have a reasonable airfare and B6 is going to get some of my $$$. And I won't have to fly to MHT or via PHL to get to work anymore in BOS!!

Why would someone want to fly on a US regional jet or older a/c when they can fly on a new jet blue 190 with live tv?

Latest posts