IAM Campaign Drive at UAL For Mechanics and Related

gtd

Advanced
Dec 17, 2009
Currently the IAM and/or UAL Mechanics are currently attempting a card drive to oust the ibt. The IAM is promising a separate district ran for and by mechanics. I have had several arguments about these promises and asked the IAM Campaigners if they were serious then why isn't the IAM leadership making the same offer to the US Air Mechanics and Related. My question to you guys is would you be interested in the same offer and whether you all have been made this offer? Next question is how do you feel about these promises made to the UAL Mechanics and Related? Thanks for any input you may have. GT

WE all heard that at USAir also!! Back when they organized the ramp the word was "strength by numbers" see where that got them. Lowest paid in the industry and when a Grevience is filed the new saying is "They Can Do That"!! At U the ramp and mechanics are now seperated but it still seems to make little difference. Thinking the bottom line is dues.....

Reactions: 2 people
Currently the IAM and/or UAL Mechanics are currently attempting a card drive to oust the ibt. The IAM is promising a separate district ran for and by mechanics. I have had several arguments about these promises and asked the IAM Campaigners if they were serious then why isn't the IAM leadership making the same offer to the US Air Mechanics and Related. My question to you guys is would you be interested in the same offer and whether you all have been made this offer? Next question is how do you feel about these promises made to the UAL Mechanics and Related? Thanks for any input you may have. GT

Yeah they tried that crap at NWA when it was obvious that AMFA was going to clean the IAM clock. Too little too late..Now for as far as you UAL guys don't know what to tell you. You guys have gone full circle tossed the IAM then went AMFA tossed them for the IBT now want to go back to the IAM ....WTF? I admit there is really no good airline union out there. I personally like not having a union and making union wages. But even though I had a bad experience with AMFA I would still try them again over what is out there.