Iam-fleet

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Today. the Company advised the IAM they would be in court tomorrow, making an 1113(e) motion for temporary contractual relief.

The request will consist of;

A term thru May 2005, where either consensual agreements will be implemented, or further cuts will be sought via the 1113© process.

A reduction of a/c below the 279 threshold.

A 23% cut for all payscales, except MDA and Mainline Express.

Termination of the IAM Pension fund, replaced with a 3% 401k contribution.

The right to outsource any work if there is non-historical attrition, or work actions by IAM-fleet.

diogenes said:
Today. the Company advised the IAM they would be in court tomorrow, making an 1113(e) motion for temporary contractual relief.

A term thru May 2005, where either consensual agreements will be implemented, or further cuts will be sought via the 1113© process.

The right to outsource any work if there is non-historical attrition, or work actions by IAM-fleet.
[post="183438"][/post]​
God Bless the ones who choose to stay because they surely will need powerful help against these entities called humans.

Personally I feel if every single employee stood there ground in 100% unity without one single crack, then this management team would be removed and like right now. Until everyone comes together in that strength, the U employees are all but finished.

My little town was flooded, and flooded badly. It was one of the very few around in which the community residents all came together, and the result: This town is already the clean-up, where other communities are still a long way from that point. Union makes strength and division equals weakest and this is the point at which Mr. Glass is applying severe pressure because he knows you people are divided. Stand together or fall is what will happen.

diogenes said:

[post="183438"][/post]​

it seems as though this inept incompetent mgmt now seeks to have the folks in places say like phl or bos or clt have their pay cuts down to where the mda and mainline express payscales are. what a pathetic group of incompetent mgmt this airline has! i'm surprised no one has yet went to the news media and the papers about the horrendous treatment that the employees are receiving from the inept mgmt and the horrible wage reductions! boy whata media frenzy that would be!
it is now time to ask the court to remove the entire mgmt and get a court appointed trustee to run this airline!

Can Anyone explain the above statement...and what they are trying to say? Other than the obvious out source.

bandit1 said:
Can Anyone explain the above statement...and what they are trying to say? Other than the obvious out source.
[post="183489"][/post]​
Sure: They want a majority of the jobs and the ones left they want to lower the wages by 23%, pretty clear cut really.

Bandit,

Let's say a station, en masse, calls in sick, or the on-time performance goes in the toilet. They'd be a candidate for out-sourcing.

Of course, the company could create that situation by understaffing or poorly scheduling the staff, blame the union for the results, and proceed to outsource.

bandit1 said:
[post="183489"][/post]​

I've heard that Evergreen Contracting is expecting to have lots of openings in Jan here. Saw the ad in the paper myself. Right now they only handle BA. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

(I believe they handle both in and out work on the BA flight)

I read the non historical attrition as a mass retirement or people quiting ...with what you said ...not replacing people which wittles it down to nothing.

Bandit,

There will be no mass retirements - agents got who-do'd out of the first one in 1993, had a 401k for a few years, then a year or two in the IAM pension.

Not near enough to go out.

tadjr said:
I've heard that Evergreen Contracting is expecting to have lots of openings in Jan here. Saw the ad in the paper myself. Right now they only handle BA. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

(I believe they handle both in and out work on the BA flight)
[post="183497"][/post]​
(From the "hope for the best, but expect the worst" file....)

FWIW, they also run an ad here in my city every weekend. The reason? Their turnover rate is astronomical. Maybe that's it? Is BA ramping up service for the winter?

diogenes said:
Bandit,

There will be no mass retirements - agents got who-do'd out of the first one in 1993, had a 401k for a few years, then a year or two in the IAM pension.

Not near enough to go out.
[post="183511"][/post]​

I am just trying to understand the term I know whats left for pentions all though where I work there are several that have retirement paperwork submitted. I am not saying going forward there will be any I merely and trying to understand the statement and how this could effect various stations going fwd if there is a fwd.

Latest posts