IAM Organizing JetBlue Ramp

Tim Nelson said:
alot of their own airports. small stations from jax to btv and alot out west. If the iam comes in, at least the small and midsize stations would b contracted out immediately.

regards,
Tim sometime in the 90s (maybe) I remember getting a letter from the IAM. They didn't use your name but they were referring to you as a pain in the a$$. I have to give to you,you are persistent. You probably have that letter framed don't you

Worldport said:
Tim sometime in the 90s (maybe) I remember getting a letter from the IAM. They didn't use your name but they were referring to you as a pain in the a$$. I have to give to you,you are persistent. You probably have that letter framed don't you

Bored, obsessed, power hungry, quite mad, maybe insane is more in line to how I would describe Mr Nelson.

Drinking beer and sniffling through his videos also could be a sign of something else, but we would need a professional to judge that?

Can't find that You Tube of the cursing AA Mechanic anymore? It must have been taken down. At least Tim hasn't gone that far off the deep end.................................. Yet.

Tim Nelson said:
If the iam proceeds to file cards, i will mobilize and get out the truth to the jetblue rampers about the severe pain and job loss they may incur if they vote in the iam. I will also educate the jetblue rampers about the iampf ponzie scheme which has not only stolen most of our pension but also isnt financially sound and had to cut benefits twice just to keep it in green funding.

regards,

email:[email protected]
I'm not so sure they will get enough cards to file. JB has already loss the Pilots group that went union and will more than likely beef up their anti-union fight even stronger to stop other groups from going union. But time will tell. Still a litle surprised the mechanics group hasn't went the union route especially after the attempt of merging with ALK. I do agree with you in that if the rampers are able to file with the IAM you will see some stations go to outsourcing prior to the union getting certified IF it even get's that far.

swamt said:
So just how is that union drive going at JB?  Been very quiet lately.
No JetBlue people come here. Seems to be the story with Forums. Mostly only an AA crowd when it comes to people who work for any airline?

Tim Nelson said:
Well, if there are any jetblue rampers here, hit me up on FB. I'm going to be creating a FB group giving a perspective on the IAM that is clear thinking. JetBlue rampers need to know the entire truth about the Ill Ask Management union. At Spirit Airlines, they promised $20hr but cut a deal with management and agreed to the following:1. Agreed with management that all stations ought to remain contracted out except FLL2. Agreed with management that after 8 years, a Spirit ramper should top out at $14.253. Agreed with management that there would be no shift differ or anything else.4. Agreed with management not to bother negotiating health insurance but just "See general population of non union employees"5. Agreed with management that the union can't even informational picket [actually the first 5 pages of the contract are management rights]6. Agreed with management that supervisors can do ramp work.7. Agreed with management that the rampers must pay $63 a month to the IAM or be fired. [that means a part timer topped out must work one whole day a month to pay the IAM, i.e., 5 hours]The IAM is the I'll Ask Management. However, this contract evolves the IAM to "I AM MAnagement"

http://youtu.be/AEQr_DWQ1CQ

Any info on the JB groups getting organized like their Pilots did?  Been kinda quiet lately.  I am sure JB is looking out for another merger partner since losing out on the VA purchase. Good luck to all of you on getting organized...

This forum isn't 'for' B6 CMs. It's for managers. If you would like to talk to B6 guys, you will need to go out and talk to them. The way that the IAM Organizers do.

B6 needs the IAM, and they need a contract and a raise and better safety and work rules. Right now, all they have are a handful of "nice" supervisors. That isn't enough. To make matters worse, The airline has been taken over by Vulture Capitalists, Lawyers who specialize in outsourcing, and crooked Executives who were kicked out of BA.

Since the IAM has been organizing, these guys have started getting a little more love. Small raises, a few bonuses, pizza parties... but that isn't a replacement for real workplace democracy and a contract that they can develop, vote for and enforce themselves.

Well, if there are any jetblue rampers here, hit me up on FB. I'm going to be creating a FB group giving a perspective on the IAM that is clear thinking. JetBlue rampers need to know the entire truth about the Ill Ask Management union. At Spirit Airlines, they promised $20hr but cut a deal with management and agreed to the following:
1. Agreed with management that all stations ought to remain contracted out except FLL
2. Agreed with management that after 8 years, a Spirit ramper should top out at $14.25
3. Agreed with management that there would be no shift differ or anything else.
4. Agreed with management not to bother negotiating health insurance but just "See general population of non union employees"
5. Agreed with management that the union can't even informational picket [actually the first 5 pages of the contract are management rights]
6. Agreed with management that supervisors can do ramp work.
7. Agreed with management that the rampers must pay $63 a month to the IAM or be fired. [that means a part timer topped out must work one whole day a month to pay the IAM, i.e., 5 hours]

The IAM is the I'll Ask Management. However, this contract evolves the IAM to "I AM MAnagement"

Here's Tim Nelson's "face" profile. He is also posting as several other people on this thread, as well. One time, this guy... one time he tried to start his own union. He even went around passing out fake Authorization Cards and everything.

He posts as several people, talks to himself, argues with his other fake profiles and uses them to say how great he is. Because that's just what he does.

This forum isn't 'for' B6 CMs. It's for managers. If you would like to talk to B6 guys, you will need to go out and talk to them. The way that the IAM Organizers do.

Something tells me you're a bit clueless as to who frequents these forums.........

Hint: it's almost exclusively front-line workers with a few high-mileage frequent fliers here and there.

Eric—

Do you work at B6?
Not sure if he wants to openly admit that he works there after his first post. I have talked to mechanics at JB and some have said if they post on here neg issues they will get fired.

Not sure if he wants to openly admit that he works there after his first post. I have talked to mechanics at JB and some have said if they post on here neg issues they will get fired.

B6 isn't known for shooting the messenger, so I'll call BS on the "they'll get fired" fears. Their culture isn't geared towards retribution like AA's is.

Latest posts