In Flight Wi-Fi

Finally. This is one area where US has definitely been woefully late to the party. I wonder why the 757s are not included.

Maybe because the 757 mostly flies to Europe and Hawaii and you cannot pick up wifi overwater .

Not yet, but soon.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-03-14/lifestyle/30092796_1_gogo-wi-fi-aircell-flights

One of the neat things is the item you down load is good for 24-72 hours after downloading so you could download a few watch one on the plane and the other back at the hotel.

Does any other airlines have power ports?

I don't know.
Not happening.

Cost in weight and maintenance is the killer. Ask VA wait a PIA their system has been.

Battery tech is advancing by leaps and bounds and many iPhones and iPads have extra batteries that piggy back on the device. Most of the time they don't even need those.

IFE is going to be limited to whatever wifi offers.

I have a friend that just got back for Singapore on Cathy Pacific and he mentioned how wonderful everything was except the power-ports did not work on either flight on his row. They where there some others were working but his broken. I told him those are an extremely high MX item kinda like seat backs and table trys broken almost as much as they are fixed.

How many Lithium batteries can you carryon and how do they need to be stored and stow

Opps we have to check your carry on

From TSA website: For personal use, there is generally no restriction on the number of spare batteries allowed in carry-on baggage. This is the case for cell phone batteries, "hearing aid" button cells, and AA batteries/AAA batteries available in retail stores, as well as almost all standard laptop computer batteries.

This is in your carryon only. They don't allow them in checked baggage anymore. HTH!

Latest posts

Back