In Memory Of Ginger Neister

usacrew3

Advanced
Sep 17, 2003
Fort Lauderdale
Anyone who had the pleasure of ever working with Philadelphia International flight attendant Ginger Neister, you will be saddened to know that she was recently found dead in her apartment in Pittsburgh.
Ginger started flying out of Philadelphia earlier this year as she wasn't getting her time in in Pittsburgh. Shortly after she started flying out of Philly, flight attendants immediately below her seniority received their furlough letters so she was reluctant to move her life to the Philadephia area and suffer the same fate. She was recently fired from US Airways and will be greatly missed by the people she brought joy to whenever we flew with her.

The stress at work is incredible. So sorry to hear some of us are breaking under the load. Condolences to Ginger's family and friends.

To those of us still here...use Ginger's passing to remind yourself to cut each other a little more slack and exhibit kindness to each other every day.

We have no idea the burdens some of us carry.

Lets start to take care of each other better.

goodstew said:
The stress at work is incredible. So sorry to hear some of us are breaking under the load. Condolences to Ginger's family and friends.

To those of us still here...use Ginger's passing to remind yourself to cut each other a little more slack and exhibit kindness to each other every day.

We have no idea the burdens some of us carry.

Lets start to take care of each other better.
I knew Ginger. Please don't use her with the "breaking under the load" stuff. Ginger was a sweet, uplifting young woman who, unlike most on this board, did not walk around as a victim trying to blame all their problems on US Airways. Infact, she had many better things to talk about than the stupidity of this company...so please don't make her death something it wasn't.

It is my understanding that Ginger had a brain disorder of some type that she was aware of and WAS NOT in anyway a suicide or related to this outfit.

I will miss Ginger's pleasant demeanor , her long black hair, and her beautiful smile. She will be missed by many. Rest in peace, Ginger.

Mea Culpa - I made an assumption that had no relation to the facts at hand. Condolances in any case to her family and friends (you too, First).

The rest of the post still applies. We could all use reminders now and then.

robbedagain said:
My deepest sythampies to the family and friends along with my prayers.I'm truly sorry to hear of this death.
I will truly miss Ginger and her positive outlook on life. She never let her illness get in the way of making every moment precious. My heart goes out to her family.

Ginger was a unique, young beauty, with a funny spirited personality. She was very slender and light at heart. I met her once last year and had the pleasure of an interesting chat many times on the phone, and she was so funny. She enjoyed making every one laugh and smile. Yes she knew she had an inoperative brain tumor that was controlled by medication. Never complained, and went on with her life as if everyday was forever. loved the job and all those around her.

She will be missed by many. My heart filled condolences to those whose lives she graciously touched with her short presence here.

Many people knew Ginger. I don't know how many she touched in a way that she did me. When she was in one of the lowest points in her life she saved mine. She showed me that when someone leaves a hole inside of you and the light has all escaped it makes room for a new light. I regret that she never knew how I really felt about her. We were going to start dating but I was always too busy. Never again will I let somone so wonderful go a single day without knowing how important they are to me. Perhaps she would still be gracing the world with her smile today if I were not such a "busy" guy. She deserved a lot better than this world ever gave her. I am sorry Ginger. I should have been there... You are loved and missed more than you know.

R.