A Class Act--very Senior Fa

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
This evening my wife and I flew from LGA to PHX via CLT. On the CLT-PHX leg, flight 1002, we had the pleasure of flying with one of the most senior FA's in the system. This young lady was a class act from the first greeting-personally greeting EVERY customer as they boarded, and addressing every F class passenger on the 321 by name, not only with the manifest in front of her, but she took the trouble to memorize everyone's name!

The service was not rushed, and the attention given to each individual customer was quite amazing. There was a second flight attendant helping when it was time for the meal service, and I must say the flight was a quite remarkable experience--it reminded me of what first class USED to be like way back when.

We had a chance to chat briefly, and I not only confirmed that this lovely young lady came from Piedmont originally, but she told me how much she loved the job, and that she was unfortunately retiring on December 10th. She said she would miss the job and the people--a real trouper!

So here's to you Carole--I toast you and wish you health happiness and all good things in your retirement--and thank you for making your flights special.

My best to you all.....

So here's to you Carole--I toast you and wish you health happiness and all good things in your retirement--and thank you for making your flights special.

My best to you all.....

If this is the Carole that it think it is, the airline will be losing one of its very finest. She made a delight of more than oneof my flights. Happy retirement! It won't be the same without you!

Yes this was the lady with the big pink glasses. She was amazing-made the first class experience really first class--then reality set in with the plastic silverware etc.....

I can only assume that this young lady was intimately familiar with the DC-3!!!

In any case what a loss for Airways--and I am sure she has some stories to tell!!!

Again I wish her health happiness and all good things in her well earned retirement.

My best to you all....

She is such a nice lady. She has always memorized all the names of the F/C passengers. She is not the most senior FA in the system. She was with Braniff prior to its demise and then she joined Piedmont. She never forgets a thing you tell her about yourself. I will miss her a lot!!!

Is she the one that PHL utility would refer to as Windex Carole, because she would clean the galleys and lavs herself? I respect the fact that she had a sense of pride and did not want the customers to see how dirty the A/C lavs were, even after an overnight cleaning. I can remember myself cleaning quit a few lav mirrors that were spotted from water spray that looked to have had not been cleaned in weeks.

Mrs. Carole,

I want to thank you for taking a new hire and shaping him into a flight attendant. You will be missed at US Airways. Your professionalism has always set the standard in CLT. I hope you take the time to go and have some fun. I look forward to seeing you around the system when you non-rev. It has been a pleasure working with you. I hope you and your lovely mother have something very special planned for your retirement. MANY THANKS.

I have never met this Lady. I wish I had. She sounds like a really great human being. Best of luck to you Carol. We could all take a lesson from you Carol and it would improve our lives. Thank you. :)

Latest posts