In the interest of fairness, US 2936 CLT-LGA operated by Mesa

DrBeth

Senior
Feb 6, 2007
TRI
http://cestbeth.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/clt-lga-on-us-airways-express-operated-by-mesa-21-may-2010/

This was a Y award ticket redemption. I added my CO Gold Elite number for a few elite benefits, since I am no longer US elite.

Snippet...to be continued at my blog link above!

US 2936 CLT-LGA 6:10-7:53 am Seat 16C Exit Aisle
Actual departure: 6:07 am, Actual arrival: 7:53 am ON TIME

I stayed overnight at a cheap park and fly hotel last night and a friend of mine and his wife picked me up for dinner, which was super nice of them!

I got up at 3:00 am, midnight in Tempe, to check in and maybe get an exit row seat and they were ALL empty, so I snagged 16C aisle, so that was a great relief...

Photo here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31458163&l=a2af593289&id=1222156177

I love it! I post a positive trip report and no one responds! Next time, I'll make sure to have a typically bad experience! :lol:

In the meantime, a fair review of the US Airways Club at LGA.

http://cestbeth.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/us-airways-club-at-laguardia-a-review/

PS. Are they ever going to replace those worn, old chairs and tables?

I love it! I post a positive trip report and no one responds! Next time, I'll make sure to have a typically bad experience! :lol:

You must be new to this board. :rolleyes:
I think a majority of the posters here aren't happy unless they have something to #### about. I appreciate you talking the time to post about your good experience.

You must me new to this board. :rolleyes:
I think a majority of the posters here aren't happy unless they have something to #### about. I appreciate you talking the time to post about your good experience.

Wait I thought the Official US Airways Slogan Was,

At US Airways we are not happy until you are not happy

You must me new to this board. :rolleyes:

I'm not new, I am a former US elite, once disgruntled, now at peace. I have posted my share of negative stuff, but I think that both the good and the not-so-good should be shared. I am happy that it went well. I was not looking forward to that CRJ-900. Someday maybe they're retire them or upgrade the seats. Really, those seats are hard! :lol:

But that did not take away from the good service and on-time performance.

The club has it's good and not-so-good points. I think all beverages and snacks should be free and if they do sell premium beverages, they need to take a look at CO's President's Club premium beverage line-up to understand what that means.

But at least I had a nice, quiet place with free Internet to spend these hours waiting on my ride. And the Kettle Classic chips are pretty good! :D

Give it more than 2.5 hours during business hours. Somebody is apt to be up late tonight surfing the net, and call you a liar or a Tempe mole for posting a positive US trip report. :lol:

Personally, I am glad that you decided to share this with the group. I agree that all customer experiences on US should be presented fairly and accurately. I'm glad this was a good experience!

I'm not new, I am a former US elite, once disgruntled, now at peace. I have posted my share of negative stuff, but I think that both the good and the not-so-good should be shared. I am happy that it went well. I was not looking forward to that CRJ-900. Someday maybe they're retire them or upgrade the seats. Really, those seats are hard! :lol:

But that did not take away from the good service and on-time performance.

Glad to see that you finally see that US is not all bad.. You are absolutely right though about the CRJ900 seats. Its like sitting on a park bench..

Glad to see that you finally see that US is not all bad.. You are absolutely right though about the CRJ900 seats. Its like sitting on a park bench..

I'll second that! Actually a park bench is more pleasant if only because you're in a park and not an airplane.

However when it comes to Mesa I'd chalk this up in the category of "Blind Squirrel Finds Acorn".

To me if US was only allowed to make one single improvement, firing Mesa as an express carrier would get my vote going away. I've had it up to my everloving eyeballs with them and I honestly think for me the well is sooooooo poisoned that they could improve and I'd still avoind them.

I book around flights operated by Mesa whenever possible and have done so since before the merger. Mesa generally makes the rest of US look like Singapore Airlines.

I'll second that! Actually a park bench is more pleasant if only because you're in a park and not an airplane.

However when it comes to Mesa I'd chalk this up in the category of "Blind Squirrel Finds Acorn".

To me if US was only allowed to make one single improvement, firing Mesa as an express carrier would get my vote going away. I've had it up to my everloving eyeballs with them and I honestly think for me the well is sooooooo poisoned that they could improve and I'd still avoind them.

I book around flights operated by Mesa whenever possible and have done so since before the merger. Mesa generally makes the rest of US look like Singapore Airlines.

I know I pretty much dont agree with you on much but you are so right about Mesa. The sad thing is that Mesa does have some very hard working line-level people that are just unfortunate enough to work for a shitty company.

I know I pretty much dont agree with you on much but you are so right about Mesa. The sad thing is that Mesa does have some very hard working line-level people that are just unfortunate enough to work for a shitty company.

Well agreeing on one thing is a start.

Mesa is a scar upon the aviation landscape

So what are you saying? USAirways is shitty because Mesa and US co-exist and relay heavy on each other.The two weren’t far off on customer service pay work rules and benefits and culture Change is hard

Next time you quote me dont "selectively" quote me. Use the whole quote ("The sad thing is that Mesa does have some very hard working line-level people that are just unfortunate enough to work for a shitty company."). I think its pretty clear I was saying that Mesa is a shitty company.

I forgot, I posted a follow-up trip report for my return flight, on an A321, quite a step up from the CRJ-900:

http://cestbeth.wordpress.com/2010/05/26/lga-clt-on-us-airways-26-may-2010/

And a brief review of the LGA US Airways Club:

http://cestbeth.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/us-airways-club-at-laguardia-a-review/

Back