Incentive Pay

Hope777 said:
Thanks for the Article.

Incentive Pay:

Have you ever heard of the ‘Trickle Down’ Theory?
By the time this gets to the front line worker, it will be pennies because every SRVP, VP, GM, Team Leader Manager and Team Coordinator Supervisor, etc… will be getting a disproportioned ‘Incentive’.

Our managerial system is broken!!!
If you want to give incentives to ‘US’:
Give us a Manager with ‘people skills’ and a solid ‘Business Acumen’!
Give us a Supervisor with ‘people skills’ that we can ‘Respect’!
Give us a Chief Engineer that has the tenacity to confront the FAA when they are wrong!
Create an ‘Accountability’ program for ‘MANAGEMENT’!
Stop making business decisions based on internal politics –
* Make business decisions based on their own merit! (Novel Idea?)

If UAL can accomplish this, they can keep “MY†incentive pay!!!

From what I see, SOSDD.
My attitude may come from many years of our management ‘mouthing’ change but doing whatever they damn well please. This is because there is no one to make them accountable for their ‘inept’ decisions.
Accountability scares the crap out of our management, why is that?

JMHO,
UAL_TECH

What a novel idea, an incentive program. Boy that Mr. Tilton is really a forward thinker. Didn't TWA set up an incentive program just like this? Look where it landed them.

Maybe I am missing something but why is this such a big deal? Isn't this just the incentive plan that was negotiated as part of the concessionary agreements this past spring? Why UA decided to make a big deal out of it right now I have no idea, but this is not news. Unless this is something different than what I am thinking.

Actually Bear, I think it's something new. This is a quarterly incentive that has certain levels of bonus as we meet certain targets. The other program is an anual profit sharing program. If I'm not mistaken. (of course if I'm wrong, I'd never admit it! :D )

Bear,
United ain't making a big deal out of it.
It's standard PR fluff... I mean, check out previous news releases:
"United selects Pepsi" etc.

767jetz said:
Actually Bear, I think it's something new. This is a quarterly incentive that has certain levels of bonus as we meet certain targets. The other program is an anual profit sharing program. If I'm not mistaken. (of course if I'm wrong, I'd never admit it! :D )
Jetz I seem to remember that as part of the concessionary agreements there were both profit sharing and this incentive program. Guess I should dig up my copy of the TA but I am too lazy. But this does not sound new to me.

Latest posts

Back