Read It And Weep

Ronin-

You are so CLUELESS it's amazing. First of all, if we were on the Titanic together, I'd be making reasonable attempts to minimize the damage being done or at least rescue as many people as possible. You'd be running around like a moron screaming "The end is near," while you burn the ship and lifeboats down since in your opinion everyone's going to die anyway. Yet another moronic post from the Ronin. Keep 'em coming. At least they're entertaining to Fish.
I am sure you would. You'd be standing there just like officer Barbrady on SouthPark in a nice monotonous drone "People, I have just talked to the Captain and he is not sure we hit anything...." Of course your standing on 2 tons of chipped ice in the middle of the Atlantic and the crew's are already lowering the life boats with them in it, but.....

I actually got one better.....all anyone has to do is look at your posts....all so calming and reasurring...AND WRONG. My only question is motive....could it be you realize that carmel nut topping at 37k making close to six figures is a lot better than getting off that soft seat with those delicate hands and grunting out a living???
Apparently your brethren at UsAir have seen reality....perhaps you shall too,,, :up:

Thats all from the clueless morons for now...take care :up:

Hey Ronin, show me ONE thing in any of those posts that are factually wrong, you clueless wonder. You are completely incapable of debating any point and frankly I think your posts are a COMPLETE EMBARASSMENT to your peers. I hope most of the people who read this forum realize that the vast majority of mechanics are not anything like you, thank God. Go burn some more lifeboats, Ronin. Rage against the machine! Burn the house down!

Let me get this straight. You're making a wise ass comment about some fictional guy (I saw the meter, really!) who supposedly delayed/cancelled a flight over a dessert, while your group was using the time clock for months, probably years, as an ATM machine, punching each other in out, when mechanics were actually at home, FLAGRANTLY stealing money from the company? Again Ronin, you're pretty clueless.

Ualdriver,

Everyone is feeling the pinch, some more than others. What were the last screaming words and warnings of doom, gloom, and failure you have heard from F9 Management? You haven't heard a thing about F9, because we aren't in as dire straights as you predict. Everyone at UAL realizes the mess that company is in and with every passing day, the outlook gets worse.

Right now this month we are averaging 80% load factors, and yes we have to buy fuel just like everyone else. But, if we loose another 6 or 7 million this next quarter and UAL stands to loose 500 million. Who is in worse financial shape? Of course you will tout that F9 is, but in reality your only trying to make yourself feel better about how F'D up UAL truly is. There hasn't been one peep from the LCC'S except ATA that has warned of pending doom. The LCC carriers are kicking UniTED around all over the network like a bastard stepchild! :shock:

Quote from Jake Brace Reuters "We have a good idea of what sort of business plan is finance able. Right now, we don't have a plan that's finance able" Brace, said. :unsure:

Rocky Mountain News: United Airlines' parent also said it is exploring possible cost-savings opportunities at its Denver and Los Angeles hubs, including "re-timing" of flight schedules and corporate real estate.

The airline renewed its main airport lease as part of its Chapter 11 proceedings but has not renewed a so-called special facilities lease that includes the hangar and other property. It recently told DIA officials it would shut down a tire repair shop at the airport.

Guess we may get a crack at that hangar soon HUH? :up:

ualdriver said:
As I have mentioned before, if you're of the mentality that you don't want to give any more, and will not under any circumstance, hopefully you and your peers have AT LEAST several months' worth of living expenses in the bank. If any one union group does things the "hard way," I imagine spooked financial institutions could pull their money and liquidation could be a possibility before mid summer (my opinion). NOV-JAN should be interesting months.
[post="191196"][/post]​

UalDriver,

As you have mentioned a 13% across the board, I hope you and your constituency are willing to dig a little deeper to save your positions.

Because 'I AM NOT'!!!

Uncle UAL 'WILL' take my retirement and send it to the PBGC and as
if that is not bad enough, Uncle UAL is proposing to use the 'Signing Date'
instead of the 'Amendable Date' to the PBGC to 'sway them' into a distress
termination. Good for the UAL/PBGC - but we get screwed!!!

Then when they have received this piece of pie, they will
terminate current/future retiree medical benefits.

IMHO, from your perch, you don't understand the magnitude of impact on our retirees and current (non-pilot/employees).

Don't waste your time with your CASM/RASM charts and your statistical insights and projections. The bottom line is that we sell tickets that cover and/or exceed expenses.

That's our bottom line.

While we have 44+ VP's trying to figure this equation out for the last two years without much success, I am hard pressed to work for an 'agreeable' solution.

As the Pilot Group looks forward to bringing back 40 more souls and we are
looking at 300+ more layoffs, my sympathies are not with you.

Next time you open your big mouth, you might take some of this into consideration.

"RESPECTFULLY",
:down: UT

mrfish3726 said:
Borscope,

From a fellow mechanic, I guess I should say thanks :D . It's just been so quite at UAL lately. But I liked Braces comment about still not having a sound business plan. Why do they say such stupid stuff? If they had a plan they would have revealed it a year ago. But to this day, they have no idea were to turn but to labor AGAIN fricking AMAZING :shock:

Was just sitting here admiring my last RETRO check, I can breath easier now knowing that I am finally paid in full :up:
[post="191529"][/post]​

Looks like you definetly made the right move at the right time. I got my own side business and am in this for the passes. :up: At the rate management is going they will have convinced everyone to work for minimum wage ;) Best of luck and keep lurking :up:

ualdriver said:
Now I guess if I were a cynical passenger who didn't know any better, I could say that the Captain knew all about these delays all along at the gate and was just outright lying from the beginning.
[post="191710"][/post]​

Which is exactly what 90 percent of the pax think. Only the most frequent flyers know to sit back grin and bear it.

Hey UAL_Tech next time you open YOUR mouth, why don't YOU get a grasp of the facts:

FACT: ALPA makes up about 25% of the payroll, yet we gave up 44% of the concessions last time. All pilots took a 30% paycut last time. 320 and 400 guys gave up just under 40%. Don't believe me? Ask your union reps or take a look at our current contract.

FACT: Yes, we're recalling pilots. But due to the tremendous OUTSOURCING of OUR JOBS (RJ's) we still have over 2,000 guys on the street. (AFA, IAM, AMFA have done NOTHING to stop this outsourcing and your jobs have been outsourced as well. NOTHING because as usual, you don't have the "big picture" and are too busy bashing pilots and comparing paychecks rather than stepping up to the plate and fighting the bigger fights.)

FACT: ALPA pilots will lose the MOST when the pensions are terminated. The average ALPA member will lose 41% of his pension. The average AMFA member will lose only 13% as you guys are covered by the PBGC to a much greater degree. If you don't believe me, ask your AMFA reps.

From my perch I don't understand??????? I'm not on any perch TECH. I'm making a living just like you or anyone else. Get a damn clue UAL_Tech. You think the mechanics are the only guys suffering? I took a 40% paycut when the last round came around, and not every pilot makes 6 figures like you guys like to #### about in the break room. Think a flight attendant or a ramper is going to have much pity for you when they see what YOU make compared to them?

And if you REALLY think our costs this year will be less than revenues with oil in the 50's, then you really are one step from reality (Maybe TED is making money, I'll give you that). You HAVE A GUY ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS. He sees the numbers, just like ALPA does. Talk to your reps. Ask them if UAL is making money. If they say they are, call the SEC immediately with your evidence. You will be a hero for catching the big lie.

Fish: The management over at ATA and Independence are also very quiet right now, just like yours is. Wait just a few months, maybe less. I don't deny UAL is in a crappy position, never have, nor do I wish the people at Frontier any ill will. However, in my opinion I find your posts inflammatory, hence my statements.

ualdriver said:
FACT: ALPA makes up about 25% of the payroll, yet we gave up 44% of the concessions last time. All pilots took a 30% paycut last time. 320 and 400 guys gave up just under 40%. Don't believe me? Ask your union reps or take a look at our current contract.
[post="191932"][/post]​

Isn't that the way it's suppose to be? Heck, Kerry said in the last debate he wants to roll back the tax cuts for the ones who make the big bucks. Tilton and Brace are just like Kerry, your just going to have to trust your leaders, they "know" what is best for YOU.

Attachments

• Monica_Lewinsky.jpg
    Monica_Lewinsky.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 199
ualdriver said:
FACT: ALPA makes up about 25% of the payroll, yet we gave up 44% of the concessions last time. All pilots took a 30% paycut last time. 320 and 400 guys gave up just under 40%.
[post="191932"][/post]​
Yeah, right after your 35% payhike after you scared away all our best customers. They still aren't back.

It's funny how all the pilots are out in the cabin now kissing butt to the very people they screwed in y2k. I'm embarrased for them most of the time (the pilots, I mean). It seems so phoney, like so much groveling, so hypocritical.

Rocky Mountain News: United Airlines' parent also said it is exploring possible cost-savings opportunities at its Denver and Los Angeles hubs.

Guess this is an indication that TED isn't as HOT as you claim it to be Ualdriver and Mr. Bus!

Like I said the LCC'S are kicing UniTED around like a bastard step-child! :shock:

Rocky Mountain News: United Airlines' parent also said it is exploring possible cost-savings opportunities at its Denver hub (F9 competition) and Los Angeles (SWA competition) hub.

Have a Merry X-Mas UalDriver and you to BUS! :unsure:

spacewaitress said:
Yeah, right after your 35% payhike after you scared away all our best customers. They still aren't back.

It's funny how all the pilots are out in the cabin now kissing butt to the very people they screwed in y2k. I'm embarrased for them most of the time (the pilots, I mean). It seems so phoney, like so much groveling, so hypocritical.
[post="191944"][/post]​

AAAAAAAAAAAMEN.........Sister......These guys just don't get it. The ramifications from that time period still reside in both corporate, government and public minds today. Think this is not so? Delta is still dealing with the after effects from that contract. So is NWA, though they are now submitting a proposal to ALPA's membership. Of course don't take it from me due to lack of intellect and inability to articulate a collective thought as described by UALDRVR. USAir average pilot wage now stands at $89k....I think we have a ways to go ALPA at UAL...don't you? :up: