Injunction Hearing in CLT

The taxiways have been deteriorating steadily for a while. I think the winter did a lot of damage that is showing up. But then again, you don't taxi the aircraft, do you?

I've never said anything about block times, as anyone dragging their feet has a target on their back. Like a certain westie......

How about addressing my point, the write ups and calling in fatigued, since you have shown everyone on here how intelligent you are.

I wouldn't doubt the company's numbers if I were running USAPA, that's what they do. I would put out a straight forward call to the members to cease any illegal activity now. But I would fight the true safety issues to the max.
I don't know how they do things in CLT, but I think that if taxiways or runways are in bad condition, they will get fix, one way or another. There are sensitive instruments under newer runways and taxiways that help pilots navigate on the ground, so I've been told. Using a maintenance as an issue when it comes to runways that effects your airline is hard to swallow.

As far as fatigue, sure I can buy it. Do other airlines have the same issue. Are the elite(as they consider themselves) LH pilots having the same issues that US seems to be encountering?

Like I've said before, the company has west ops going into CLT as well as express to use as a benchmark.

Neither have shown any anomalies in their ground times.

It's not the runway or taxiway.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know how they do things in CLT, but I think that if taxiways or runways are in bad condition, they will get fix, one way or another. There are sensitive instruments under newer runways and taxiways that help pilots navigate on the ground, so I've been told. Using a maintenance as an issue when it comes to runways that effects your airline is hard to swallow.

As far as fatigue, sure I can buy it. Do other airlines have the same issue. Are the elite(as they consider themselves) LH pilots having the same issues that US seems to be encountering?

They are fixing them. There are several closed now, one that caused all A/C crossing 18C to have to hold at the same point. It added about :15 min to my taxi in the other day. Too bad I can't take some pictures for you. I have no idea what you are talking about " There are sensitive instruments under newer runways and taxiways that help pilots navigate on the ground, so I've been told.", so you have been told wrong, at least where I'm operating. Some airports have some light systems, and ATC has different tracking radars, but I taxi out of CLT the good old way, looking out the window and trying to avoid the bad pavement.

I doubt there are any other airlines out there that are as stressed and distracted as good old US.

As far a fatigue goes, how old is the average USAIRWAYS East pilot? ...I think the average is around 58-59? That might account for some higher fatigue? But just like in politics today, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.