Integration Proposal? Where do furloughees fall?

I hear that the AAA MEC gave an integration proposal to the arbitrator.

Any rumors as to what the MEC decided to do with the furloughees? (both pre and post 99')

Since the AAA proposal is the BEST case scenario for the furloughees, i'm curious to see what the MEC did without anyone on the property to argue for the interests of the furloughed pilots.

I could take a guess based on the E190 payrates, the vacation concession, etc... but i'd rather get some hard info.

Thanks

They argued for DOH for all. Does that answer your question?

No, it really doesn't. I'd like to know what was in the proposal specifically with regard to the furloughees. What we are hearing second and third hand is that they were placed on the bottom of the combined list with only those AWA pilots hired after the PID below.

No, it really doesn't. I'd like to know what was in the proposal specifically with regard to the furloughees. What we are hearing second and third hand is that they were placed on the bottom of the combined list with only those AWA pilots hired after the PID below.

They haven't been placed anywhere yet. No one has been place anywhere yet, furloughed or active. None of us will know where we are until Nicolau comes back and hands us the list.

The proposal is linked from the ALPA website under Merger on the left column. It is basically DOH with "time of service".

I've been trying to nail this down too. At first AWA pilots were told the East's position was straight DOH. Then, after the arbitration began, we received an update from the merger committee and they said the East opened with their "DOH adjusted for time of service." Well, that's a big change. I can't imagine this going straight DOH, but on the same token I can't imagine that someone's time served would be disregarded flat out - especially when someone has 12 years of service. Would anyone on the East care to provide a detailed statement as to the East's position?

I've been trying to nail this down too. At first AWA pilots were told the East's position was straight DOH. Then, after the arbitration began, we received an update from the merger committee and they said the East opened with their "DOH adjusted for time of service." Well, that's a big change. I can't imagine this going straight DOH, but on the same token I can't imagine that someone's time served would be disregarded flat out - especially when someone has 12 years of service. Would anyone on the East care to provide a detailed statement as to the East's position?

It is length of active service. For someone with a USAir 1989 DOH but furlough since 2002 the credit years stop upon furlough (13). They'd be slotted in amoung AWA pilots with the same 13 years of active service: DOH 1991 or so.

The guys on long term furlough from AAA, some with 11 years on the street but 5 years active service since 1989, get slotted in with AWA pilots hired in 2001 or so.

Just a general overview ......

It is length of active service. For someone with a USAir 1989 DOH but furlough since 2002 the credit years stop upon furlough (13). They'd be slotted in amoung AWA pilots with the same 13 years of active service: DOH 1991 or so.

The guys on long term furlough from AAA, some with 11 years on the street but 5 years active service since 1989, get slotted in with AWA pilots hired in 2001 or so.

Just a general overview ......

Does that mean you would expect to furlough junior AWA pilots to bring back furloughed AAA pilots?

Just curious, because I thought AAA furloughees time of service was for pay and vacation only but since they were furloughed they were slotted back in below the most jr AWA pilot. Or, was that just from the TA and AAA is proposing something different?

Just curious, because I thought AAA furloughees time of service was for pay and vacation only but since they were furloughed they were slotted back in below the most jr AWA pilot.
That was the TA language for East furloughees that accepted a "new hire" position at West during the transition.

Jim

Does that mean you would expect to furlough junior AWA pilots to bring back furloughed AAA pilots?

Whatever the merger, whoever the airlines..this would not happen if U pilots had a say. Why would you even post this?

Greeter.

Whatever the merger, whoever the airlines..this would not happen if U pilots had a say. Why would you even post this?

Greeter.

Huh? Take it easy.

Just asking a question about what the AAA pilots expect from the seniority integration nothing more. I'm not trying to stir things up, just wanted a clarification.

Everyone relax, for the most part its out of our hands now.

Latest posts

Back