Insider Selling: Richard H. Anderson Unloads 100,000 Shares of Delta Air Lines Stock (DAL)

700UW said:
Reminds me of when NW told you to dumpster dive to save money.
"IAM members will not be duped into standing with AMFA"

-Robert Roach Jr.

So I guess Kev was duped into standing with the AMTs according to Roach.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people

again, your disdain for the ability of an active DL employee to have an opinion different from labor's is "duly noted"
I know you're trying to be clever here, but your postings have become increasignly derivative of late. It's better when your content/style are your own. Please try and get back to that.

"IAM members will not be duped into standing with AMFA"

-Robert Roach Jr.

So I guess Kev was duped into standing with the AMTs according to Roach.

Josh
Riiiiiight...

Kev are you allowed to wear NWA pins and lanyards while on duty? I ask because several of the awesome sCO IAH employees have "ex-con" pins.

Josh

that sounds like us at the new AA   the day after the merger was closed  we were given AA lanyards or AA badge holders   nothing US except the uniforms...for now  but that will change to the AA uniforms probably in a yr or so   this week we are switching to the AA lime green vests..  my theyre fast!

Reactions: 1 person
Yes they are...

In my station, they came in in the middle of the night, threw anything NW into a dumpster, and were done with the changeover by sunrise...

Uniforms took a little bit, but not too long...

Really. I wear my Western tie tack .Western bag tags and a Western style I'd holder. 26yrs now and NO one has said a word. They did come in the middle of the night to change all the names on things.Just part of the process ,but not so nice for the former employees.

I know you're trying to be clever here, but your postings have become increasignly derivative of late. It's better when your content/style are your own. Please try and get back to that.
count it as a tribute to some of the best, nothing more nothing less.

eolesen said:
Tell that to the activists who forced out the CEO over at Mozilla for his personal campaign contributions... Diversity only counts if it fits their agenda.I think it's admirable to see people giving generously to causes they believe in. It's a sad state of affairs that it is increasingly politically incorrect for anyone in a position of power (corporate or political) to openly proclaim they're a person of the Christian faith these days.Someone's going to latch onto her donations sooner or later, and in a negative way.
Except it wasn't "activists" that forced anyone out... It was the board. And the board wasn't reacting to any activists, it was reacting to the reality of the political opinions among its targeted customer base. If you think a for-profit company bends to the will of activists over the wants and desires of its customers (who control the bottom line) you're dreaming. But feel free to construct a story to fit your Bill O'reilly "culture warrior" narrative

The reality is, whether some people choose to agnowledge it or not, it doesn't make money to choose a politically unpalatable opinion. It's always been this way, it's Business 101. Companies that supported Apartheid were quick to change their opinion when it cost them money. It's not activism... it's economics.

accurately said, Ad.

And there is a difference for being for something rather than against something else. It is a very dangerous place to be in a public position and be opposed to a specific group.

It would be equally offensive to much of the population to expect that someone should be expected to desist doing good in the manner one chooses in conformity with someone else's desires.

It is one thing to say "Don't oppose me or what I stand for" and quite another to say "I will oppose what you do."

The post-modern world we live in largely does not tell people what they cannot do in order to conform to the desires of another group.

In other industry performance related news which will help DL stock, all of the major carriers have now reported May traffic. DL added the most capacity followed by AA with UA and WN both decreasing capacity slightly.

Traffic was strong and AA, DL, and WN reported strong RASM increases; UA quit reporting that statistic and has previously made statements that indicate it will underperform the other big 3.

Latin America traffic seemed to be the strongest and all AA, DL, and UA all reported decreased ASMs produced by regional carriers with the greatest reductions coming from DL, then UA, then AA.

DL and UA are the only two carriers that report expected fuel costs and the expectations of both are that DL could have fuel prices approx. 12 cents/gal lower than UA.

profitability for AA, DL, and WN for the quarter will likely be at or above record levels.

Latest posts