Insider Selling: Richard H. Anderson Unloads 100,000 Shares of Delta Air Lines Stock (DAL)

WorldTraveler said:
the same filing shows that he has given extensively to Christian charities.
Now you've done it. People are going to start comparing DL to Hobby Lobby and Chik-Fil-A... Next thing you know, you'll see them kicked out of BOS and SEA.

Reactions: 1 person
doubtful. Hobby Lobby wouldn't support some of the same causes that DL supports.

Diversity means participating in a cross-section of society and not being beholden to only one segment of society.

And it is Richard Anderson, not DL, who supports Catholic charities. DL gives nothing to any religious organization.

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
the same filing shows that he has given extensively to Christian charities.
No, the filing that prompted this thread disclosed that Mrs.  Anderson has given extensively to Christian charities.    Richard Anderson might do the same, but the dispositions that prompted this thread were Mrs. Anderson's sales and gifts.   

WorldTraveler said:
doubtful. Hobby Lobby wouldn't support some of the same causes that DL supports.

Diversity means participating in a cross-section of society and not being beholden to only one segment of society.

And it is Richard Anderson, not DL, who supports Catholic charities. DL gives nothing to any religious organization.
In the case of Chik-Fil-A, the controversial contributions came from the CEO, not the company.    Which is why eolesen raised the issue (albeit tongue-in-cheek).    

and the difference is that neither DL or Mr. Anderson is AGAINST anything.

The very dangerous slippery society in society comes when there are expectations that someone or an organization cannot participate or support in one thing.

Mr. Anderson and a whole lot of the American people support the diversity that involves embracing the people that form all of DL and much of society as a whole but it doesn't involve condemning any part of it.

Reactions: 2 people
Tell that to the activists who forced out the CEO over at Mozilla for his personal campaign contributions... Diversity only counts if it fits their agenda.

I think it's admirable to see people giving generously to causes they believe in. It's a sad state of affairs that it is increasingly politically incorrect for anyone in a position of power (corporate or political) to openly proclaim they're a person of the Christian faith these days.

Someone's going to latch onto her donations sooner or later, and in a negative way.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
Tell that to the activists who forced out the CEO over at Mozilla for his personal campaign contributions... Diversity only counts if it fits their agenda.

I think it's admirable to see people giving generously to causes they believe in. It's a sad state of affairs that it is increasingly politically incorrect for anyone in a position of power (corporate or political) to openly proclaim they're a person of the Christian faith these days.

Someone's going to latch onto her donations sooner or later, and in a negative way.
<sarcasm>
Oh the persecution!!!
We must be living in the Sudan...
</sarcasm>

who says it came from her?

and I happen to agree that hasn't gone over terribly well and has some less-than-desirable connotations.

sorry, but "Richard" is a male. Do you think that every man is nothing but a puppet at the end of some woman's strings?

I have no idea where you're going here, but I don't really care, either.

You asked "who said it was her," and I answered. If you were still on the property, you would've received the same memo all 80k of us did explaining it...

Reactions: 4 people
you probably also missed - or chose to ignore the part about she said to stick together. Somehow I doubt that being cheerleader for a rogue, anonymous internet campaign to unionize DL employees by inviting in all kinds of outsiders fits that description but YMMV.

happy day to you.

doesn't change that I don't think the Anderson family's metaphor regarding camping and backpacking transferred well to the DL family.

BTW, whatever metaphor you want to use or whatever the source of it, DL absolutely is hitting on all cylinders", nailing it, or everyone has their backpacks based on their just-released traffic report for May.

RASM is up a hefty 7% on system capacity that is up 3.6% which implies revenue for the month was up close to 10%, a very healthy number for an established airline.

expected fuel price is down from previous quarters, Delta Connection capacity is down by 5%, mainline domestic and int'l capacity are both up by 3.6% driven by 25% increases in capacity in Latin America, and system load factor is up by almost 2%.

DL noted that revenue was particularly strong in ATL, NYC, and SEA which says that DL's home and largest hub combined with its two largest developmental hubs are both delivering very solid results which fuel further growth.

Cargo traffic was also up after several months of reduced cargo traffic due to weak yields.

mainline completion factor was a very strong 99.9%.

DL's summer ramp up of new service has begun with the new SEA domestic service including to JNU, FAI, and ANC plus new service to ICN already operating.

with several summer months of that kind of financial performance, DL should be very well positioned to hit $4B in profits for the year... and DL employee profit sharing should easily soar well past the $500M earned last year.

Latest posts