International Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

N903AW

Veteran
Jul 27, 2005
KPHX
Visit site
Hi everyone at US Airways. I have been given permission from our favorite girl at Wendy's to post this message.

International Shannon, who if you know her you LOVE her, was hospitalized yesterday with a heart condition that causes fluctuations in her heart rate to excessive bpm's. She has been in contact with me and I just spoke to her. She (unsurprisingly) is in good spirits but will be in the hospital for a few more days while the cardiologists perform more tests.

Her husband has not left her side the entire time she has been in the hospital so she is in good company. She did want me to post something on here to let eveyone know what has been going on, but also does not want anyone to worry about her. She plans on being back with us as soon as possible.

Please keep International Shannon in your thoughts and prayers while she plays the waiting game of undergoing tests and awaiting the results. She is hoping to get her laptop soon so will be updating us on here with more information when it becomes available.

If you have any good wishes you'd like to express, please feel free to post them here as she plans on reading this as soon as she has access to the internet.

OK...here is the latest update from Shannon.

If her heart rhythms continue to keep spiking and cannot be brought under control, she is going to be transferred to the Cardiology Wing of the main hospital downtown tomorrow.

general_gnomes449x335.jpg

Not to make light of the situation, but Shannon wanted me to post this picture on here to let everyone know that her sense of humor is still strong.

There's a few people stuck in middle tables at the Wendy's and no one can figure out how to help them....plus, the Frosty machine is spewing chocolate milk instead of Frostys. The place is falling apart--even worse than before. Take care of yourself and watch the collapse from your hospital window while eating yummy jell-o. Gloria, get this girl a Diet Chocolate Dr. Pepper please!!!

I needed an excuse to call in sick for my Rome Tue/Wed/Thursday. Let's just say I am taking some personal time off and flying down on whoever I have to (besides US) Northwest Orient or American Trans Air or Midway to CLT so I can be at the hospital with Shanny. Let me tell you, Ms. Gloria knows a thing or two about hospitals - they don't call me queen of approved family medical leave of absence for nothing! I will whip her up a batch of mochachinos and be there for her..because that is what friends are for. She is best agent in the system. I do think this medical condition means the end of her pom pon cheerleading routines for Dougy Parker. Tell Shanny I dedicate a famous poem to her by Walt Whitney or somebody famous I had to read when I was studying for my associates:

Keep Smiling, Keep Shining, Knowing you can always count of me..for sure..that's what friends are for.

(Sorry - Floyd is tearing up now, I gotta run and hold him, see you in CLT on Wed.)

Shannon, you need to get back here fast! The drive-thru has cars backed up around the building, and the n00b that’s filling in for you doesn’t know the cash register commands in that stupid order entry system they put in at Wendy’s. He keeps mixing up the Frostys with the Chili!

Get well soon!

get well Shannon! you are in our prayers

Wendy's is just not the same with out you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts