International Status - Looking Good!

The ONLY reason the int'l status has been good over this holiday weekend is due to RESERVES stepping up to the plate to cover the BLOCKHOLDERS trips. There have been int'l trips opening all damn morning. Ya mean to tell me they didn't know they would be attending Uncle Earls picnic? If they were gonna call off why wait until it's a freakin' daily call? MORONS! ! ! THAT is the problem I have with blockholders for the most part. Reserves are NOT here to cover irregular ops and bad weather but to cover those who DON'T wanna come to work or CAN'T make it here. PURE BS. This may come across as an AFA issue but it ties right into the operation of international flights out of Philly our "Crown Jewel". Uggggggggh :rolleyes:

The ONLY reason the int'l status has been good over this holiday weekend is due to RESERVES stepping up to the plate to cover the BLOCKHOLDERS trips.

Really? I am truly surprised all the rsv's banded together to once again bail out the company, when the company couldn't care less about them ever receiving a contract that will offer a comfortable living. I am sure some in Tempe are laughing saying, "those silly reserves.. they help us everytime.. cheers"
Guess all the ranting and raving on here is just that: lip service? :blink:

Also heard that the West was invoking some sort of Volunteer Flying Option to cover the critical staffing, which includes 125% of your normal flight pay? I suppose that FA's were tripping over each other to sign up for that, even though ~300 of their closest "friends" will be kicked to the curb in a month, right?

You are your own worst enemy.

banded together? No what we see are reserves answering their phones and covering trips that need to be covered. I think at this stage of the game most know that it makes no difference to the company whether you call out or not. It doesn't change the daily BS that reserves go through. Sure many reserves have that "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore" attitude but when your on call your on call. Can the same be said for b/h's that have trips yet call off due to the 4th of July? What is a reserve to do? Happy 4th everybody.

banded together? No what we see are reserves answering their phones and covering trips that need to be covered. I think at this stage of the game most know that it makes no difference to the company whether you call out or not. It doesn't change the daily BS that reserves go through. Sure many reserves have that "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore" attitude but when your on call your on call. Can the same be said for b/h's that have trips yet call off due to the 4th of July? What is a reserve to do? Happy 4th everybody.

So the reserves weren't necessarily "stepping up", they were answering their phones because they were on call. I was under the impression they were coming outta the woodwork to cover trips.... :eek:

And, a quick view of screen 18 in all bases shows quite a few 'N/A's'. They all NFL days? ;)

Back