Interview with RSA''s David Bronner regarding US Airways

C

chipmunn

December 16 Alabama Public Television interview with RSA's David Bronner on why he invested in US Airways[BR][BR]Click onto: [A href=http://www.aptv.org/]www.aptv.org[/A] then click on 'Alabama Life' - Under the call in talk show 'For the Record' click on 'Year-in-Review Pt 1 or 2' and look for the 'Previous Episodes' link.[BR][BR]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/25/2002 1:33:23 AM chipmunn wrote:
[P]December 16 Alabama Public Television interview with RSA's David Bronner on why he invested in US Airways[BR][BR]Click onto: [A href='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/"http://www.aptv.org/"']www.aptv.org[/A] then click on 'Alabama Life' - Under the call in talk show 'For the Record' click on 'Year-in-Review Pt 1 or 2' and look for the 'Previous Episodes' link.[BR][BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]no nonsense,thats for sure...6 years of 'union tranquility'....at the end of six years,everyone will be 30% behind the other airlines.very very interesting.

I was unable to read the interview as I got an error message stating my computer was unable translate. Or something like that.

Can someone send me the interview or can it be posted here, giving credit due without a copyright issue?

Thanks for any help.

Chip,

What is the likelyhood that TPG would be approached again to help out U if BONER pulls the plug??

As a US1 that's still flying U and watching the daily battles, it seems to me that TPG should have been the whiteknight and not RSA. Why RSA anyway? What is the real truth behind their interest in U??

Someone in management (aka DS) should really tell BONER to keep his mouth shut about liquidation too. Scaring us pax away is not the road to a financial recovery. Or am I wrong?

Delldude:

Delldude said: no nonsense,thats for sure...6 years of 'union tranquility'....at the end of six years,everyone will be 30% behind the other airlines.very very interesting.

Chip comments: Dell, in the interview Bronner was very matter of fact and pointed. Either the new TA's are ratified or he will pull the DIP financing and we will liquidate. As the bank behind US Airways, he can do it.

In regard to 30 percent behind the other airlines, this industry will never be the same. Low cost airlines had 3 percent of the market share in 1990, 20 percent in 2002, and many believe they will grow to 35 to 40 percent of the domestic market in the future. Therefore, mature airlines must adjust or die because unfortunately the good ol' days arwe gone.

If UA doesn't quickly change many believe they will be fragmented/liquidated, AA is trying to figure out how to stay out of bankuptcy, and other airlines are trying to figure out how to restructure.

The good news is low cost carriers will see their expenses rise and the gaps between mature airlines and the low cost guys will either narrow, or those with high cost operations will quickly cease to exist (like next month for US Airways).

We have a choice, approve the deals and reach accords or cease to exist in the near future.

I do not like this anymore than anybody else, but it's the reality we live in.

Chip

We have a choice, approve the deals and reach accords or cease to exist in the near future
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe everyone will cut their own throat, some will, yes, lots of barking going on. Voting will be positive to accept because people need to eat and take care of their families. When the time comes and people look down over the edge, they will accept, liking it or not, mark my words.