Alabama's Ties To Us Airways Come To A Close

heyray said:
Oh I forgot myself for a minute....

First off, you're a flight attendant,
Second, you're one of crandalls little bois,
and then there is the whole Texas thing, lol :lol:
[post="306046"][/post]​

Oh, and no doubt you are DP's right hand man and protege! I see a Ch. 7 in your future if that's true. Crandall was long gone before I started work at AA. Oh, and that Texas thing! May I remind you that the 3 major airlines NOT in bankruptcy--AA, SWA, CO--are all headquartered in Texas. Must be something in the water. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Let's wait a year and see how the New US Airways is doing. At AA, we've got $3.5 billion in the bank to help us wait out the jet fuel spike.

jimntx said:
Oh, and no doubt you are DP's right hand man and protege! I see a Ch. 7 in your future if that's true. Crandall was long gone before I started work at AA. Oh, and that Texas thing! May I remind you that the 3 major airlines NOT in bankruptcy--AA, SWA, CO--are all headquartered in Texas. Must be something in the water. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Let's wait a year and see how the New US Airways is doing. At AA, we've got $3.5 billion in the bank to help us wait out the jet fuel spike.
[post="306257"][/post]​
As of a couple hours ago, that's 3 of the 4 B)

jimntx said:
Oh, and no doubt you are DP's right hand man and protege!  I see a Ch. 7 in your future if that's true.  Crandall was long gone before I started work at AA.  Oh, and that Texas thing!  May I remind you that the 3 major airlines NOT in bankruptcy--AA, SWA, CO--are all headquartered in Texas.  Must be something in the water.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Let's wait a year and see how the New US Airways is doing.  At AA, we've got $3.5 billion in the bank to help us wait out the jet fuel spike.
[post="306257"][/post]​
Hey Slick, Did you "forget" ? Continential already spent some time in bankrupcy [Twice] As for the other 2, Time will Tell...

jimntx said:

[post="306257"][/post]​

LOL. you are not very knowledgeable - lets see how mucc AA has after pension payments next year.. your on the losing team dude , UAL, NWA , DAL & US are far ahead and it will be much harder for you to emerge and then maybe you'll go to the 7 after the 11 ...

goodgirl37 said:
UAL, NWA , DAL & US are far ahead and it will be much harder for you to emerge and then maybe you'll go to the 7 after the 11 ...
[post="307098"][/post]​

You might want to rethink that, goodgirl.....

As of the 2nd quarter, AA had the lowest CASM of any legacy carrier - they passed the longtime low cost legacy CAL and were ahead of US & UA (despite their bankruptcies). They also had the most unrestricted cash, and (reportedly) the best funded pension plans.

Doesn't mean AA's out of the woods, but I wouldn't say the others are "far ahead".....

Jim

jimntx said:

At AA, we've got $3.5 billion in the bank to help us wait out the jet fuel spike.
[post="306257"][/post]​

You're gonna have a helluva lot more money that $3.5B after AA comes after you folks for more concessions.

Back