Is Parker next?

lets all get real. so the Jetblue project may or may not make it.. so what. they are no different then the companies who preceeded them prior the deregulation of 1978. they come and they go. he was from southwest and tried to mock them just as MR Lamar Muse who started up Muse Air . he was also from southwest. he btw passed away a few months ago. a very talented and caring individual. we can make it. there ARE others out there.. just because you cant name a name doesnt mean they are not out there...back in 1978 was THE most turburent year in this industry. this is 2007 we have more opportunities to succeed.. parker/kirby they are not the FINAL SAY. the employees if we can get it all together all the unions together. finally we will make it work...

parker/kirby they are not the FINAL SAY. the employees if we can get it all together all the unions together. finally we will make it work...

I agree 100% but what if no one is willing to make it work under there leadership.Im learning there is mutual distrust on both sides east and west.Confidence is low in there ability to lead along with the VP's they have under them.

If history is any lesson at,would it not show that the best most productive efforts are from those who are respected and given what they need to do the job.Along with enough perks to allow them to feel valued,and empower them to determine the outcome of there own future.

Isnt the lack of these ideals what spawned the labor movement,hence the saying;I refuse to work for the company store.

18 tons and whata ya get.......just a thought. <_<

This is all interesting. In the 18 months or so since the merger, I have NEVER and I mean NEVER heard a fellow East employee talk badly about a West employee. What I HAVE heard is alot of negative talk towards management.

Here's the problem as I see it. Because DP came from AWA as did most running the company, West employees seem to think our displeasure with management somehow has a mirror up to them. This couldn't be further from the truth. I have met some wonderful people from AWA and ALL of us agree that DP is off focus.

I know I may sound like I am defending the East, but try to remember that I and most East people have no beef with anyone from the former AWA. We are all here to do our job and I think we do the best we can. But you cant run an airline without tools and the airline cant perform without tools. Maybe its just me, but after awhile, I'm going to get a little angry if I dont HAVE those tools.

Having said that, WHO makes sure you have those tools? It stops at the feet of DP. I dont care if he is in Tempe or Baton Rouge, Management will take the heat.

In otherwords, my West friends, stop taking digs at the company so personally. The East is twice as big so it is only natural their voice will be twice as loud. Is anyone really getting what I am saying.

This turf war has to end. The enemy is in Tempe...not all that was AWA.

The fact is, Usairways is in a friggin tailspin and there seems to be no end in sight. Our CEO is NOT doing a very good job at all with running this company. It has been nothing but broken promises and bullsh!t stories. Not only are the employees very disgruntled but keep watching that stock and see how long the board stays quiet. Though the talent may be slim pickins there are others out there. I myself wouldn't want to get involved with this mess. The talent we have running this place today from the top down may be pretty smart but not very good at running an airline. It's like watching a bunch of 16 year olds trying to keep the drive-thru line moving at McDonalds. Actually a 16 year old might do just as good a job.
:lol: LOVE the analogy of Management and a bunch of 16 year olds working the Drive Thru @ McDonald's......and at times I thought it was Dairy Queen! :up:

the west agents who came to our station to be with us a cutover to shares were a great bunch of people. they were looking forward to being part of a much bigger company with alot more opportunities to transfer and go up the ladder if they desired. they had their issues with their management prior to merging. RESPECT starts at the top and it filters down. all we can do is come in everyday do the best we can with the tools given to us .. FOR NOW..

:lol: LOVE the analogy of Management and a bunch of 16 year olds working the Drive Thru @ McDonald's......and at times I thought it was Dairy Queen! :up:"

It's an faulty analogy though...You can pretty much actually count on ordering, and then actually getting a Big Mac and fries + your chosen soda in a fairly timely and efficient fashion. I'd hate to think how it would work with Tempe's input and Shares :lol:

USAIR is always going to be the Yugoslavia of Airlines so you need to reach down (or maybe out) and find yourselfs a Tito figure.

This person would be a charismatic leader who is not afraid to knock some heads and overhaul some stale business practices (i.e. "the way we used to do it at Piedmont...")

Your Tito is out there, somewhere. He/she might be a station manager or other such middle manager. Find 'em and hope they seize the keys to the airline from you. Because if you have to hand the keys to him or her then this is not the person you need.

Latest posts

Back