Is this true? BK?

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
American Airlines bankruptcy filing seen Friday

Thu April 24, 2003 07:20 PM ET

CHICAGO, April 24 (Reuters) - AMR Corp.''s AMR.N American Airlines will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Friday morning, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
The impending move in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York comes after AMR''s board met throughout the day in Texas to consider the fate of the world''s largest airline, which has been embroiled in a big dispute with unions.

What a great day for AA, it''s employees and customers.

The FAs won. What they think they won I have no idea.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:31:32 PM MiAAmi wrote:

Be nice....we don''t have all the facts yet

----------------​

Very true....APFA''s statement of rejection may have been prior to the Carty announcment....perhaps that was the last remaining condition for them. Bankrupcy can be filed anytime..other airlines have filed in the wee hours of the morning....a delay until Friday may leave some "manuvering room".......

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:43:41 PM AC AA LA FA wrote:

When you have walked a mile in my shoes, all you "outsiders"..FF..mgmt types.ect..hold off on your flight attendant bashing. In reading your posts over the months, it has become so obvious that you have NO idea..none..of what we have been put through..and how hard it has been for us as a work group to try to stay as unified as possible and make the right choices..for this will not stop at AAs back door...it speeks to all flight attendants..and their future as well...so back off with your bitter commentary till you have been hired..completted training..and become a line flight attendant working under a management team moraly bankrupt and rotten to the core...................

----------------​
I was listening to the Jim Rome show at lunch today. He talked about his recent trip on "an airline that is asking their employees to give up half their pay, but shall remain nameless (then quickly said "American")" He sounded like he was well aware of your situation, but his comments were about his lack of service... I don''t doubt it''s tough to smile when you''re facing what you''re facing, but you gotta remember that bottom line, this is a "service" industry. Rome mentioned he was in seat 2A - first class - but apparently it was obvious to him that those FA''s feelings were impacting the service they were providing.

Enron and WorldCom management were rotten to the core. I''m not sure you could classify AA managment in the nearly the same light.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:31:32 PM MiAAmi wrote:

Be nice....we don''t have all the facts yet

----------------​
I am being nice. Imagine my epiteths if it is indeed true.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:33:04 PM AAObserver wrote:

What a great day for AA, it''s employees and customers.

The FAs won. What they think they won I have no idea.

----------------​

They chose curtain number two and got a severed middle finger.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 6:43:41 PM AC AA LA FA wrote:

When you have walked a mile in my shoes, all you "outsiders"..FF..mgmt types.ect..hold off on your flight attendant bashing. In reading your posts over the months, it has become so obvious that you have NO idea..none..of what we have been put through..and how hard it has been for us as a work group to try to stay as unified as possible and make the right choices..for this will not stop at AAs back door...it speeks to all flight attendants..and their future as well...so back off with your bitter commentary till you have been hired..completted training..and become a line flight attendant working under a management team moraly bankrupt and rotten to the core...................

----------------​

I used to be one of your bosses,as of tomorrow morning who knows what my stock will be worth. With that said,the BK judge words are final. I have a feeling many (though will not admit it) wish they have accepted the offer now matter how "corrupt" management was.

FWAA,your fellow employee is under alot stress,no need to berate her.

I am sorry to hear this...but I stand by my work group as always being professionals when it come to our pax. Right before the strike of 1993 our CIF ratings were as high as they have ever been....we do not take out on pax the frustrations caused to us by anyone outside work...mgmt, family, friends..ect....

The stock sure is interesting in after hours trading.

It was $4.56
Then it was $2.20 about 10 minutes later
Now it''s $3.02

Looks like the shareholders aren''t real sure which stories are accurate and which ones aren''t.