Israelis vs. Hezbollah

Bush is endorsing the Israelis right to self-defense.

I heartily applaud his staunch support of Israel.

I do not understand the lack of public support for Bush by Jewish leaders here in the USA.

Why won't the Jewish leaders in this country at least hold a press conference and publicly state their outrage at Hezbollah?

If it were a black issue you can bet the Jesse Jackson would be in front of the cameras 24/7.

The self-proclaimed Jewish "leaders" are all over the airways demanding Mel Gibson's head for some silly drunken comments.

Yet their mother country is being attacked by state-supported terrorists and these Jewish leaders enjoying the safety and comfort of living in America are doing nothing!!

I can only come to the conclusion that these Jewish leaders here in the USA have such a distaste for George Bush that they are choosing to ignore their own people because they are afraid of being accused of supporting a Republican President.

Disgusting.

Why? Is America HELPING fight this war? NO

Big deal. Israel is busy fighting it ALONE.

Who cares what type of 'lip service' the government gives. If you aren't "with them"...then I guess you are "against them". I don't remember hearing that the US is helping, so I guess that makes them against Israel, right?

What difference does that make? We're talking about Jewish leaders in the United States.
Did you bother to read the article? It is about a rally that took place in New York City. Last time I checked, that was in the good old U. S. of A. Elie Wiesel is widely considered to be a "Jewish Leader." What the hell else do you want? For us to forcibly take over newsrooms and tell the editors what news to cover? Controversy, such as Mel's recent spate of anti-Semitic diatribes, always makes better news than kiss a$$es.

Fine, we know what all of you are after. The Jews are ingrates. The more I read your of this nonsense, the more convinced I am that you are no different from Mel Gibson.

Why is it that Jews and Israel are always held up to different standards than others?

Their home country is being rocketed and threatened by a million terrorists and yet the Jewish leaders here in the USA apparently are afraid to issue any public statements of support for President Bush and American policy.
Dual loyalty is a charge that has surfaced time and again throughout history to label Jews as "outsiders" more loyal to their own kind than to their country. It has largely dissipated on the American scene even though recent surveys have shown that many Americans still buy into the false notion that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to America.

Thank you for proving that anti-Semitism is alive and well in America.

At least one Op-Ed columnist, Charles Krauthammer, opines that Israel is doing the United States a favor:

Excerpts:

America's green light for Israel to defend itself is seen as a favor to Israel. But that is a tendentious, misleadingly partial analysis. The green light -- indeed, the encouragement -- is also an act of clear self-interest. America wants, America needs, a decisive Hezbollah defeat.

Unlike many of the other terrorist groups in the Middle East, Hezbollah is a serious enemy of the United States. In 1983 it massacred 241 American servicemen. Except for al-Qaeda, it has killed more Americans than any other terror organization.

More important, it is today the leading edge of an aggressive, nuclear-hungry Iran. Hezbollah is a wholly owned Iranian subsidiary. Its mission is to extend the Islamic Revolution's influence into Lebanon and Palestine, destabilize any Arab-Israeli peace, and advance an Islamist Shiite ascendancy, led and controlled by Iran, throughout the Levant.

America finds itself at war with radical Islam, a two-churched monster: Sunni al-Qaeda is now being challenged by Shiite Iran for primacy in its epic confrontation with the infidel West. With al-Qaeda in decline, Iran is on the march. It is intervening through proxies throughout the Arab world -- Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in Palestine, Moqtada al-Sadr's Mahdi Army in Iraq -- to subvert modernizing, Western-oriented Arab governments and bring these territories under Iranian hegemony. Its nuclear ambitions would secure these advances and give it an overwhelming preponderance of power over the Arabs and an absolute deterrent against serious counteractions by the United States, Israel or any other rival.

The Washington Post - Israel's Lost Moment

Latest posts