It's About Time...execs. Loose 1st Class

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
US Airways, in its latest effort to cut costs under bankruptcy protection, is stripping former executives and board members of their ability to travel free in first class, the airline said yesterday.

The move affects about 200 people, including the former chief executive, David N. Siegel, who resigned in April, and his predecessor, Stephen M. Wolf, who left in 2002.

The group was notified of the change in a letter from the airline's chief executive, Bruce R. Lakefield, which was mailed on Wednesday. Current board members and senior executives are not affected by the change.

The former executives and directors will still be able to fly free in coach, when space is available. But, they will have to give up those seats if a flight is oversold, meaning that the men and women who once handled the airline's most critical decisions can now be bumped for paying passengers.

Crzipilot said:
The former executives and directors will still be able to fly free in coach, when space is available. But, they will have to give up those seats if a flight is oversold, meaning that the men and women who once handled the airline's most critical decisions can now be bumped for paying passengers.
[post="205781"][/post]​

It's about Time!... However, they should not even be able to travel free in coach!

Soooo, if you're senior to Stevie or Davey, who boards first? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, this was way overdue.

Well i have to say i'm glad this happened, but in all serious, why would Gangwal and Wolfe be flying on US, they have more money than they know what to do with. But, i agree it is a step in the right direction.

They knew this topic was being dicussed and this is just a way to ifluence your vote.

JUST READ IT VERY CAREFULY AND ASK QUESTIONS...

THAT IS ALL I ASK

How many years has this taken?????????? Kudo's to our "crack" managment team!!! Now maybe if we can pop that 'pimple" that Bruce receives every year.....

If reading places like this is what it takes to get management to make changes, so be it, that will never influence my vote. They have done too much damage to loyal, hardworking people in the last few years by their inability to honor their agreements. This small (read minscule) gesture does not right all the wrongs/ill feelings created.

Not to mention that this only affects the FORMER "crew members". Now, if the current crew would like to step up to the plate and take the same dose of medicine, that would be 2 steps in the right direction. But I can't see Jerry and his buddies willingly give up flying their family and friends anywhere US goes in F class anytime soon. :down:

These folks fly on a purchased F8 fare, they use a US travel card, unless you know who they are, you will never know if it's their family and friends that are traveling. Once again, my flight is oversold and I'm going to bump someone that their fare shows a full F8 purchased fare. This is a complete joke, if you read the subject (giving the store away) you would understand. They travel on a full fare ticket, which is purchased with a travel card, this is upper management way of playing a game with us, wanting us to really think this is going to happen.