It's About Time...execs. Loose 1st Class

coolflyingfool said:
Please seat them next to me. As a paying passenger I will give them an earful! Hopefully it will be on a LAX-PHL/CLT flight so I can talk at 'em for 4 to 5 hours.
[post="205887"][/post]​

I DOUBT very seriously we will see any of them flying around in coach. That would not be acceptable to lower their standards to travel with the general public....besides, they took enuf cash with them out of this company to pay full First Class if they want it...... <_<

well this is a wonderful thing it is high flying time they stripped the clwons of the free first class travel. i do agree that we should also strip the current clowns as well. let them see first hand how difficult it is for the TRULY HARD WORKING employees of usair wanting to travel on our own airline

robbedagain said:
i do agree that we should also strip the current clowns as well. let them see first hand how difficult it is for the TRULY HARD WORKING employees of usair wanting to travel on our own airline
[post="205898"][/post]​
I have believed that this should be the case for current management for some time now. I think they would view the world differently if they had to fly in 25B. I also think it would do several executives of this company good to spend time in the stations dealing with and watching what the employees do on a daily basis. I would like to see a couple of them take a call from me on the CP desk when I've had a bad day due to irregular ops and hear what you have to deal with everyday. I would like for them to see how poor the computer systems are and just how many key strokes it takes to just get to where you can book my ticket. Oh crap, don't get me started.........

But then I believe the senior management of my company should do the same, and I'm one of them.

An empty and meaningless gesture meant to influence those incapable of critical thinking. Lakefield has you watching their right hand when you should be watching the left one.

Winglet said:
An empty and meaningless gesture meant to influence those incapable of critical thinking. Lakefield has you watching their right hand when you should be watching the left one.
[post="205917"][/post]​

AMEN!!!! :rolleyes:

Schatzee said:
Not to mention that this only affects the FORMER "crew members". Now, if the current crew would like to step up to the plate and take the same dose of medicine, that would be 2 steps in the right direction. But I can't see Jerry and his buddies willingly give up flying their family and friends anywhere US goes in F class anytime soon. :down:
[post="205824"][/post]​

I believe that this revocation of confirmed F/C "do not bump" privileges, for the 200 +/- people mentioned in The NYT article was entirely appropriate. Perhaps it should have been done earlier in the BK case, since it would have been unlikely that the judge would have had little time or sympathy for the affected individuals, in the event that they might have tried to appeal the loss of their privileges. In any event, questioning the timing of the move is akin to the discussing the proverbial "water over the dam".

However, in the first and hopefully only time, that I am going to express my opinion as an observer to the employee predicament at US, other then to report a positive customer experience, I believe that the pass privileges offered to Messers. Bronner(?), Lakefield and others, in particular, and their compensation packages, including family flight privileges should not be the subject of attack.

Like it or not, they didn't create this mess. RSA has a lot of money at risk; Bronner and his associates are trying to fix it in the way they believe is best for all concerned. We can speculate all day or night about whether their course is the best or most equitable, or whether it will ultimately prove to be successful. Lakefield and most of his management team are new; in many cases they gave up other positions to come to US; they should be fairly compensated along the lines of their industry peers, and not punished because of the obvious shortcomings of their predecessors.

I am not defending their actions/strategy, nor am I attacking them. Rather, right now, for better or worse, it is their bat and their ball.

Best regards to everyone!

Tom

I just wish they hadn't given them advance notice. Who wouldn't love to have Dave and his buddies check in for a flight and give them all center seats?

It is just a shell game to vent some of the employee frustrations. Save money? Ha! It cost them more money to come up with this plan and to anounce it than they will "save".

I have no doubt that the 200 still really do have access to FC on the "company bill", or perhaps they have all been upgraded to free access to on-call Exec Jets.

Cheers,

SCEflyer said:
I believe that this revocation of confirmed F/C "do not bump" privileges, for the 200 +/- people mentioned in The NYT article was entirely appropriate. Perhaps it should have been done earlier in the BK case, since it would have been unlikely that the judge would have had little time or sympathy for the affected individuals, in the event that they might have tried to appeal the loss of their privileges. In any event, questioning the timing of the move is akin to the discussing the proverbial "water over the dam".

However, in the first and hopefully only time, that I am going to express my opinion as an observer to the employee predicament at US, other then to report a positive customer experience, I believe that the pass privileges offered to Messers. Bronner(?), Lakefield and others, in particular, and their compensation packages, including family flight privileges should not be the subject of attack.

Like it or not, they didn't create this mess. RSA has a lot of money at risk; Bronner and his associates are trying to fix it in the way they believe is best for all concerned. We can speculate all day or night about whether their course is the best or most equitable, or whether it will ultimately prove to be successful. Lakefield and most of his management team are new; in many cases they gave up other positions to come to US; they should be fairly compensated along the lines of their industry peers, and not punished because of the obvious shortcomings of their predecessors.

I am not defending their actions/strategy, nor am I attacking them. Rather, right now, for better or worse, it is their bat and their ball.

Best regards to everyone!

Tom
[post="205942"][/post]​

Oh you've got to be kidding!! New or not they should not be given "special privleges" just because they're management. Executives at Kodak don't get free film. Seems to me that uppermanagement in our country have expected to get perks on the backs of the employees. Well get over it. I have to purchase a ticket to fly so should they.

BOO HOO

The current execs should be traveling under the same policy as the rank and file--in the back, only going space positive when absolutely necessary, etc.

There are a bunch of folks running about CCY with CP cards (or there were, a few years back). That too, should end. It's not a huge revalation to suggest that the current crop of losers lacks any operational acumen--making them live the life of a customer while traveling might actually encourage some insight on this subject.

ClueByFour said:
The current execs should be traveling under the same policy as the rank and file--in the back, only going space positive when absolutely necessary, etc.

There are a bunch of folks running about CCY with CP cards (or there were, a few years back). That too, should end. It's not a huge revalation to suggest that the current crop of losers lacks any operational acumen--making them live the life of a customer while traveling might actually encourage some insight on this subject.
[post="206068"][/post]​

All the "formers" were downgraded to Gold, Silver, etc while the "currents" are still Chairmans with sapce positive F seating and the ability to bump a paying revenue passenger out of first class. Everyone remembers the 6 seats Siegel bumped passengers out of coming home from the Caribbean last year in first class.