It's Going To Be A Bumpy Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
WingNaPrayer said:
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
they saw fit to make New years day/4th-july/labor day/thanksgiving, and Christmas as holidays off(WHICH THEY SHOULD BE)
I disagree. The first day of the year as a day of no work is one of the most asinine ideas for a holiday. Christmas is a religious christian holiday, and is unfair to other religions who's holidays are not working holidays.

The time is ripe for agent unionization. Unfortunately, the CWA is the only game in town ready to pounce at a moments notice. I would say however, that any union that got in on behalf of agents right now would sink in their teeth like a pit bull, knowing how other bargaining groups sold out their members with the airlines. I think the agents would ultimately end up with the strongest contract the industry has ever seen.
Well, I know when I was an agent most of us had no interest in being in a union. We were treated fairly for the most part and we had no interest in having some of our colleagues being compensated on longevity instead of merit.

With any luck, they can continue to fight off union representation and continue about their business.

I know also that in crew sked most of us have no interest in a union. We have to work with yours day in and day out and see all the abuses that take place

My fault for not being MORE clear about Memorial Day.
I've been in this "racket" for 22+ years, so I KNOW the "drill"

My squawk is that when Management "HACKED" our holidays to death, that they saw fit to make New years day/4th-july/labor day/thanksgiving, and Christmas as holidays off(WHICH THEY SHOULD BE), but disrespected Memorial day, by having the balls to pay working AAers(like all of you, and me) straight time pay.

Again, I should have made my point clearer.

With that said,
All of you, suffering from (AA) Stockholm Syndrome, can NOW start defending AA.
Well perhaps you should look at your colleagues instead of AA. Nah, why do that when you can just harp on AA. Go ask a random selection of people to name off 5 holidays for you. Memorial day and veterans day will not be ones that come up often. The ones that you have are the one that “mostâ€￾ people find important.

I know, I know. Not as fun as blaming AA but sometimes the truth hurts.

Garfield1966 said:
Well, I know when I was an agent most of us had no interest in being in a union. We were treated fairly for the most part and we had no interest in having some of our colleagues being compensated on longevity instead of merit.

With any luck, they can continue to fight off union representation and continue about their business.
When the agents get a good whiff of what AA is going to do to them via occupational seniority, your dreams of non-unionized agents will most likely be over.

WingNaPrayer said:
Garfield1966 said:

When the agents get a good whiff of what AA is going to do to them via occupational seniority, your dreams of non-unionized agents will most likely be over.
Actually, If the agents were unionized, they would have had occupational seniority the entire time, just like the Flight Attendants, Pilots, and TWU represented employees. Screaming and moaning that they are losing this, and that a union would have protected them, is IDIOCY.

WingNaPrayer said:
they saw fit to make New years day/4th-july/labor day/thanksgiving, and Christmas as holidays off(WHICH THEY SHOULD BE)
I disagree. The first day of the year as a day of no work is one of the most asinine ideas for a holiday. Christmas is a religious christian holiday, and is unfair to other religions who's holidays are not working holidays.

The time is ripe for agent unionization. Unfortunately, the CWA is the only game in town ready to pounce at a moments notice. I would say however, that any union that got in on behalf of agents right now would sink in their teeth like a pit bull, knowing how other bargaining groups sold out their members with the airlines. I think the agents would ultimately end up with the strongest contract the industry has ever seen.
WNP,
Your right.
I should have specified "Christmas" holiday, as the main religeous holiday for ALL of the diverse groups, here at AA.
NH/BB's

Garfield1966 said:

My squawk is that when Management "HACKED" our holidays to death, that they saw fit to make New years day/4th-july/labor day/thanksgiving, and Christmas as holidays off(WHICH THEY SHOULD BE), but disrespected Memorial day, by having the balls to pay working AAers(like all of you, and me) straight time pay.

With that said,
Well perhaps you should look at your colleagues instead of AA. Nah, why do that when you can just harp on AA. Go ask a random selection of people to name off 5 holidays for you. Memorial day and veterans day will not be ones that come up often. The ones that you have are the one that “most” people find important.

Wrong again, garfield.

The "majority" of companys(union and non union) in the usa, give memorial day as a holiday.

NH/BB's

AirLUVer said:
WingNaPrayer said:
Garfield1966 said:

Actually, If the agents were unionized, they would have had occupational seniority the entire time, just like the Flight Attendants, Pilots, and TWU represented employees. Screaming and moaning that they are losing this, and that a union would have protected them, is IDIOCY.
AirLUVer,
If the agents WERE unionized, they WOULD be in a "somewhat" better position then they are about to become.

But I'll agree with you, that the unions at AA today(their leaders) have lost every ounce of DIGNITY that they "MAY" have had.

NH/BB's

Garfield1966 said:

With that said,
Well perhaps you should look at your colleagues instead of AA. Nah, why do that when you can just harp on AA. Go ask a random selection of people to name off 5 holidays for you. Memorial day and veterans day will not be ones that come up often. The ones that you have are the one that “mostâ€￾ people find important.

Wrong again, garfield.

The "majority" of companys(union and non union) in the usa, give memorial day as a holiday.

NH/BB's
Perhaps I was not clear as well. Given the choice of having only 5 holidays, the 5 chosen were the most popular. Veterans day probably did not rank very high.

I don't know how official holidays got drug into this thread, but in all fairness, Veteran's Day is just another sale at the mall to most people. I don't think I would choose it either if I had to pick the holidays I wanted to observe. I only have three that I care to bother with anyway, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Independence day, that's about it as in my house, the rest just come and go like any other day.

This thread has certainly strayed. Without wrx to keep it stirred up, about the only thing the same is the word 'holiday'

And since I for one don't want him back, why not someone employed by AA start a new thread on the company's holiday policies and let this one on "a bumpy ride" die a natural death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts