Its Official....UsAirways makes formal 8.6 billion proposal

For the Creditors to accept an 8.5 billion deal in an all stock deal in the "new" merged company, they would be taking a pretty big risk IMO. Now, if it were a CASH deal, that offer would look quite different.

If I were on the creditors committee, I would be thinking how big of a risk it would be to acutally, someday, realize any real value for the airline stock, when hisorically, airline stocks generally are so risky and vulnerable to "market conditions".

Throw in the labor integration issues of America West (not yet fully merged after 7 years) US Airways whose f/as can strike at any time once released from the NMB, and AA pensions, while frozen, basically still on the books for AA, and ALL of US Airways employees having had their pensions dumped,
and America West who never had a defined pension...

you have what most would call a real "cluster #%$k" lasting years if not decades in litigation in seniority and labor integration issues.

Then, throw in the AA pension plan liabilities...I see all of US Airways labor never agreeing to pay for 50-60,000 employees pension plans as part of their merged contract.

As a stock investor, I would never even consider the stock, except maybe to "short it".

Reactions: 3 people
PITbull, you are a piece of work. You are not even in the employ of US. You don't have a dog in this fight. Yet you have been so vitriolic about how US conducts everything from union negotiations to how the company procures toilet paper for its airplane toilets (practically). You have become irrelevant.

The problem with your constant whining and complaining about US and the f/a's plight in general is you still have some credibility with some of the old Pit stews. I would hate to think they bought into your constant brew of b/s and were one of the 49 people who defeated the TA 2. Now, because of that vote we have been recessed without a pay raise and the poor PHX f/as do not have scope, a ratified seniority roster, or a raise.

So as you enjoy your Christmas I want you to consider the value of words and the
real damage they can do. The poor US folks have had enough of you now, so please just go away, your powers are no good here.

Reactions: 9 people
PITbull, you are a piece of work. You are not even in the employ of US. You don't have a dog in this fight. Yet you have been so vitriolic about how US conducts everything from union negotiations to how the company procures toilet paper for its airplane toilets (practically). You have become irrelevant.

The problem with your constant whining and complaining about US and the f/a's plight in general is you still have some credibility with some of the old Pit stews. I would hate to think they bought into your constant brew of b/s and were one of the 49 people who defeated the TA 2. Now, because of that vote we have been recessed without a pay raise and the poor PHX f/as do not have scope, a ratified seniority roster, or a raise.

So as you enjoy your Christmas I want you to consider the value of words and the
real damage they can do. The poor US folks have had enough of you now, so please just go away, your powers are no good here.

What f/as calls themselves "stews"?????? Those "old PIT stews", as you call them have infiltrated into the bases of PHL and CLT...through the years. So, my friend, as you well know, they have voted down every TA since BK 1. I could disappear from the planet, and these folks who are STILL IN YOUR EMPLOY, will vote lousy, anything-that-smells-of-concessionary contract down; whether in BK or out!!!!

It seems you keep following me around these boards, whether its AA or here. You must have a link to whenever I post, it shows up in your inbox.

How delicious.

Allow me to be crystal clear....
You are a US Airways management crony, and you are irrelevant to all of labor who post on these boards.

When it comes to LABOR specifically the U F/A group, I will always have a "dog in the fight". I made that commitment publically and in the media when I left... that I would tell the story of what happened to us for the rest of my life... to those who want to hear it; and even those who don't!!!!

Tell Doug Parker he needs to sit with the f/a group and work out a much better T/A....

when they are happy, I'm happy!

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: 8 people
When it comes to LABOR specifically the U F/A group, I will always have a "dog in the fight". I made that commitment publically and in the media when I left... that I would tell the story of what happened to us for the rest of my life... to those who want to hear it; and even those who don't!!!!

Tell Doug Parker he needs to sit with the f/a group and work out a much better T/A...when they are happy, I'm happy!

Merry Christmas!

................THANK YOU.

Reactions: 2 people
pitbull,

you don't have a sense of humor, do you? I guess it has been awhile sense you have been in a crew room and bantered back and forth with other FLIGHT ATTENDANTS...you know the real ones who joke and cajole about being stews. I think it is you who follows me on these boards. Just waiting to attack between your glasses of wine. Please get some help your problem is showing.

Reactions: 5 people
Will US Airways be considered the surviving entity under Parker's offer?

pitbull,

you don't have a sense of humor, do you? I guess it has been awhile sense you have been in a crew room and bantered back and forth with other FLIGHT ATTENDANTS...you know the real ones who joke and cajole about being stews. I think it is you who follows me on these boards. Just waiting to attack between your glasses of wine. Please get some help your problem is showing.

Flew for 25 years, no one calls their group or refer to themselves as "stews".

Caught ya! Try better next time you want to fool the boards that you are a f/a.

Doug parker has shown time and time again that he can not only keep an airline alive in hard times , but that he can INNOVATE ....

look at what America west Airlines and US airways were before the merger ....... now look at the company .. it's like night and day ... our operations have improved by leaps and bounds , and our techology adapation is nothing short of amazing ...

i grant you that some of the labor groups maybe unhappy , but that's their own doing for not agreeing to new contracts .... their going to learn one way or another that this isn't the 1980's and the heyday of airline travel .... times are tough ... people are simply going to have to be happy to have jobs that pay a living wage and healthcare , and those two things are hard to find these days for many Americans ...

While a Merger with American Airlines would be somewhat scary to me as an employee of US airways , i trust parkers leadership enough to want to see this happen ...

Reactions: 4 people
Doug parker has shown time and time again that he can not only keep an airline alive in hard times , but that he can INNOVATE ....

look at what America west Airlines and US airways were before the merger ....... now look at the company .. it's like night and day ... our operations have improved by leaps and bounds , and our techology adapation is nothing short of amazing ...

i grant you that some of the labor groups maybe unhappy , but that's their own doing for not agreeing to new contracts .... their going to learn one way or another that this isn't the 1980's and the heyday of airline travel .... times are tough ... people are simply going to have to be happy to have jobs that pay a living wage and healthcare , and those two things are hard to find these days for many Americans ...

While a Merger with American Airlines would be somewhat scary to me as an employee of US airways , i trust parkers leadership enough to want to see this happen ...

"... but that he can INNOVATE ....".... "...and our techology adapation is nothing short of amazing ..."....."i grant you that some of the labor groups maybe unhappy , but that's their own doing"...."i trust parkers leadership..." WOW! Seriously, words just completely fail me here....

Umm....OK then. No need for considering your double posting here as any additional basis for the obvious question = Does ANYONE drug test your employee group...EVER?

There must be a full moon because the US cheerleaders are out in full force. Hey Freedumb, have you met J[er]K, or are you one in the same?

pitbull,

pitbull,

You're a joke. I've been consistantly on US's case since 2008, and you suddenly appeared during the current merger-wolf. :p I may not belong here but it is a pleasure to iritate U!

Merge or not, I win :ph34r:

Trust Parker????? Looking at the company then and now....what has changed in 7 years? Hmmm, how much time is needed to merge and fully integrate employees and operation with a regional carrier like America West????? Decade? Two? Never??????

Buddy, you must really need that job.

Reactions: 7 people